Possible or Not?

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
Is it possible that Darlie inflicted her injuries on herself AFTER Darin came downstairs? Darin said he didn't even notice that Darlie's neck was cut when he came downstairs. Could she had done it during the time she was getting towels and wetting them down in the kitchen sink? Does her blood trail suggest she may have done it then? Did she go out by the utility room or garage after Darin came downstairs? Sorry, if this has been discussed.

I have a mini theory based on a past member of Websleuths. Her husband downloaded the 911 tape and enhanced it. They SWEAR that they could hear a man's voice tell Darlie "give me the knife" more than one time. Its possible she killed the boys, Darin came downstairs while she was holding the knife still and said something to the effect "look what you made me do and now I'm going to kill myself." She then slices her neck, he goes after her to get the knife and ends up sitting on top of her. That would give you the self-inflicted knife wound on her neck and the bruises.

Thank you Jeana. It sure makes sense to me that it could have happened that way.

I'm also wondering if Damon did get up and was making his way to the stairs and Darlie seen that he was moving around and she told him to lay down on his stomach and that's when she stabbed him again.

Jeana (DP) said:
I have a mini theory based on a past member of Websleuths. Her husband downloaded the 911 tape and enhanced it. They SWEAR that they could hear a man's voice tell Darlie "give me the knife" more than one time. Its possible she killed the boys, Darin came downstairs while she was holding the knife still and said something to the effect "look what you made me do and now I'm going to kill myself." She then slices her neck, he goes after her to get the knife and ends up sitting on top of her. That would give you the self-inflicted knife wound on her neck and the bruises.

RKnowley said:
Thank you Jeana. It sure makes sense to me that it could have happened that way.

I'm also wondering if Damon did get up and was making his way to the stairs and Darlie seen that he was moving around and she told him to lay down on his stomach and that's when she stabbed him again.

Could very well be.

Jeana (DP) said:
Jeana, just like a couple people have stated, I too have to say, this is one of the best theories I have read to date. Thanks for posting. It is smells of truth!
The theory takes into account most of what did occur during this heinous crime I feel Darlie committed.
Have a great day. :blowkiss:

Gozgals

Jeana (DP) said:

But what about those who swear they can hear Darin running downstairs on the 911 call? I've never heard it so I can't compare. He made two trips that would imply. I have thought in the the past that he banged her arm down on something trying to remove the knife from her hand and he caused the bruises to her hands and wrists

Jeana (DP) said:
This theory does make sense and would certainly answer some questions. First and foremost, that Darlie did indeed kill those two boys (I never believed an intruder did it). Second, it would shed some light on why she did it....something to do with Darin (the "something" remains a mystery, though). And third, it would explain why Darin might feel some sort of allegiance to her (and some guilt because he knows more than he's telling) because she told him he "made" her do it. Could be he wanted a divorce, or the fact that money wasn't pouring in any longer might have been the straw that broke the camel's back and pushed her over the edge. Or both. Who knows?

Is there evidence of a medical examination of Darin? If he'd of wrestled with her to the extent that caused her bruising, would he have some marks. I do agree with Jeana's post, in that Darin came down in the immediate aftermath whilst she was still holding the knife and calling 911. I think that for all of that 911 tape Darin is there and for the first part of it she is running around still carrying the knife. I think that Darin probably initially went straight for the boys to help them whilst she was faffing about wailing and still carrying the knife. Darin shouts something really loudly at 49 secs and she raises the wailing level - he could be shouting for her to get her away/pushing her from them but could this be when she cuts herself or even when she finishes Damon off? I dont hear on the tape Darin saying 'give me the knife' but I clearly hear him say 'Oh my god Drake, get in here' at 1.09 secs. At this point I think maybe she was going out of the room or towards the hall and he realises that she could be going for Drake upstairs and is yelling for her to get back in there. If he did witness her cutting herself or the 2nd stabbing of Damon before this at 49secs, he knows she's still off her head/capable and maybe he forgot about Drake in all the chaos until that point and then went for her. I think between 1.09 and 1.40 she is struggling with Darin trying to disarm her, any conversation is clearly only between Darin & Darlie between those times as the op struggles to get her attention. Whether this struggle caused all the bruises on her I'm not convinced. She had bruises to both arms and presumably she was holding the phone in one. She could have got these easily by repeatedly knocking arms on the side rails of the hospital bed, not necessarily with any great force, just repeatedly doing it.

I always thought she did it and there was no intruder...I just had some misgivings about bits of the evidence and thought that she had some bad legal rep given the DP was at stake. I dont think Darin was invloved in the killings but out of guilt or whatever, tried to help her cover up - must be hard living that kind of lie for the rest of your life though and how the heck does he look Drake in the eye?

Britlaw,

In Darin's testimony he states that he was photographed in the nude at the hospital Darlie was taken to. I would assume if he was injured in any way they would have made note of that.

Here is a <snip> from Darin's testimony:

8 DIRECT EXAMINATION (Resumed)
10 BY MR. DOUGLAS D. MULDER:
11 Q. When you got to Baylor, did you go
12 directly to see Darlie?
13 A. No, sir, she was in surgery, and they
14 took me to a room.
15 Q. Okay. And did you remain in that
16 room?
17 A. Yes, sir, I did.
18 Q. And, were you alone, or were you with
19 someone?
20 A. Chris Frosch was coming in and out,
21 and Terry came in and out, who had taken me up to the
22 hospital, and then Patterson showed up later.
23 Q. Okay.
24 A. And he was going in and out.
25 Q. Okay. Were you -- did Chris Frosch,
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
1 Detective Chris Frosch, did he question you about what
2 you knew?
3 A. Yes, sir, he did.
4 Q. All right. Did you cooperate with
5 him?
6 A. Yes, sir.
7 Q. Did Patterson subsequently question
8 you about the events of that evening?
9 A. Yes, sir, he did.
10 Q. And did you cooperate with him?
11 A. Yes, sir.
12 Q. Okay. Were you later on permitted to
13 see Darlie?
14 A. Yes, sir, I was.
15 Q. And, do you recall about what time
16 that was?
17 A. Sometime that early morning.
18 Q. All right. By that time, had he
19 photographed you?
20 A. Yes, sir, they did.
21 Q. Did they take your clothes?
22 A. Yes, sir.
23 Q. And photograph you naked, or stripped
24 down, without your jeans on, and without your shirt on?
25 A. Yes, sir, they did.
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter

1 Q. Okay. And, I guess you were provided
2 with other clothes, were you?
3 A. Medical clothes.

</snip>

Britlaw said:
Is there evidence of a medical examination of Darin? If he'd of wrestled with her to the extent that caused her bruising, would he have some marks. I do agree with Jeana's post, in that Darin came down in the immediate aftermath whilst she was still holding the knife and calling 911. I think that for all of that 911 tape Darin is there and for the first part of it she is running around still carrying the knife. I think that Darin probably initially went straight for the boys to help them whilst she was faffing about wailing and still carrying the knife. Darin shouts something really loudly at 49 secs and she raises the wailing level - he could be shouting for her to get her away/pushing her from them but could this be when she cuts herself or even when she finishes Damon off? I dont hear on the tape Darin saying 'give me the knife' but I clearly hear him say 'Oh my god Drake, get in here' at 1.09 secs. At this point I think maybe she was going out of the room or towards the hall and he realises that she could be going for Drake upstairs and is yelling for her to get back in there. If he did witness her cutting herself or the 2nd stabbing of Damon before this at 49secs, he knows she's still off her head/capable and maybe he forgot about Drake in all the chaos until that point and then went for her. I think between 1.09 and 1.40 she is struggling with Darin trying to disarm her, any conversation is clearly only between Darin & Darlie between those times as the op struggles to get her attention. Whether this struggle caused all the bruises on her I'm not convinced. She had bruises to both arms and presumably she was holding the phone in one. She could have got these easily by repeatedly knocking arms on the side rails of the hospital bed, not necessarily with any great force, just repeatedly doing it.

I always thought she did it and there was no intruder...I just had some misgivings about bits of the evidence and thought that she had some bad legal rep given the DP was at stake. I dont think Darin was invloved in the killings but out of guilt or whatever, tried to help her cover up - must be hard living that kind of lie for the rest of your life though and how the heck does he look Drake in the eye?

I always wondered if some of the attack came during the 911 call, at least the part on Damon. Your theory about the bruises is actually the best I have seen. I never could envision any reason for "the intruder" to have beaten her enough when a knife was around to permanently solve any fighting back issue. But if Darin did sit on her, especially with any amount of force, that could account for the bruising. And we really don't know how much blood he had on him because he did wash off at the Neal's residence. He may have had her blood on him that had occured during any struggle but it was washed down the drain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back