YIKES, we have another fire here in So. CA

PaperDoll

When I'm Silent, I make the most sense
Reaction score
JBean just called me to warn me about another fire off the 5 Freeway near Mission Viejo or San Juan Cap. I can see the smoke from my office :eek: I'm even looking on the internet to see if there is any news on this...

OMG I have been on the 5 for HOURS. There was a brush fire and a car fire in between Oso and crown Valley in MIssion Viejo. I have been SITTING forever. the fire was radical, I got to go right past it. I was trying to take pictures with my phone, but the firemen got mad at me:angel: I'll try to post the one I got. But I couldn;t get the pictures of the fire itself because they were yelling at me to keep moving.

JBean said:
OMG I have been on the 5 for HOURS. There was a brush fire and a car fire in between Oso and crown Valley in MIssion Viejo. I have been SITTING forever. the fire was radical, I got to go right past it. I was trying to take pictures with my phone, but the firemen got mad at me:angel: I'll try to post the one I got. But I couldn;t get the pictures of the fire itself because they were yelling at me to keep moving.

Bean, all there is on TV now is the Oceanside fire.......yikes'.........it after five now.....and no news.

xxxxxxooo
Keep us posted.....,
xxxxooo
mama

Love_Mama said:
Bean, all there is on TV now is the Oceanside fire.......yikes'.........it after five now.....and no news.

xxxxxxooo
Keep us posted.....,
xxxxooo
mama
I didn't even know therewas fire in O'side!
Fire shuts lanes on I-5

The lanes are closed until further notice because of blaze just south of Oso Parkway.

By CINDY CARCAMO
The Orange County Register
MISSION VIEJO – Traffic slowed to a crawl this afternoon because of a brush fire that prompted police to close all but the carpool lane on the San Diego (I-5) Freeway just south of Oso Parkway until further notice, California Highway Patrol officials reported.

The northbound lanes have also virtually stopped because of motorists slowing to watch the flames, some reaching 30 feet high. Southbound traffic is backed up to the El Toro "Y."

CHP dispatch got the first call about the fire at 3:21 p.m. Officers issued a SigAlert eight minutes later. The fire threatened a few structures, but it's unclear whether any were damaged.

Officials closed most of the southbound lanes to let firefighting crews through and also to ensure motorists drive safely because of the thick smoke that could create a visibility hazard.
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1617825.php

I was driving past the Windy Ridge fire area when I looked down the tollroad towards south OC and saw the big billow of smoke. I must have seen it just starting at 3;21. Took me til now to get home.

The flames were high. I could have gotten some really good pictures, but the firemen really yelled at me. MY bad.

The WR fire area look pretty well contained. i saw a lot of charred hillside.

What made this really a difficult fire was it was in between the 5 freeway and the Metrolink train that passes by.

This is going to be a nasty year. Hope everyone takes this as a reason to clean up around their homes, getting rid of any brush, etc..

Buzzm1 said:
This is going to be a nasty year. Hope everyone takes this as a reason to clean up around their homes, getting rid of any brush, etc..
I am surrounded.

JBean said:
I am surrounded.

By fire? Literally? Should we be alarmed for you?

Or did you mean "surrounded by brush"?

Nova said:
By fire? Literally? Should we be alarmed for you?

Or did you mean "surrounded by brush"?
brush brush brush My bad.
The marine layer is so thick right now it almost looks like smoke though.

fier.jpg

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1618123.php

JBean said:
brush brush brush My bad.
The marine layer is so thick right now it almost looks like smoke though.
You might want to survey the situation, to see if it could create a threat to your home, and get all the males gathered together to attack the brush problem. Or you could probably get some exercise.

That sounds like no fun Buzz. She has a bike for that! LOLOLOL

I think if she likes the natural look then keeping it watered might help.

Buzzm1 said:
You might want to survey the situation, to see if it could create a threat to your home, and get all the males gathered together to attack the brush problem. Or you could probably get some exercise.
I really need to think carefully about it. I live in a canyon area and it seems as though it is lush enough to not burn. but then sometimes it so hot and dry out, I really wonder.
I need to pay more attention.

scandi said:
That sounds like no fun Buzz. She has a bike for that! LOLOLOL

I think if she likes the natural look then keeping it watered might help.
I have to water it too? heehee. I'll ride my bike with a watering bucket.

Well I'm glad that got that fire under control.. it''s getting a little to close to home and work. :( It wasn't all that hot out today or windy.. it was nice actually..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back