jodierenee

websleuth addict
Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1616dmnj.html
NPZizzamia.jpg

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: October 30, 1956
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"; 290 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes. Olive complexion.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Zizzamia was last seen leaving his parents home in Cherry Hill, New Jersey on May 12, 1979.
He said he was going to pick up his graduation tickets from Villanova University for his upcoming graduation ceremony which was to occur on May 14, 1979. While his parents attended the graduation ceremony Nicholas failed to show up.
Nicholas was operating his fathers car which was found parked and locked behind the business his father worked at in Cherry Hill, New Jersey on May 15,1979. Nicholas has not been seen or heard from since

Doesnt his disappearance have to do with his fathers business dealings?

My question is what was his fathers business? I grew up in Cherry Hill and was born around the same time of his disappearance. I remember as a child a rash of abductions or possible abductions in my area, but CH is an affluant town where crimes usually don't happen. Anyone know what his dad's business was?

i sorta remember this. i believe his father owned a car dealership or perhaps antique cars. can't quite remember fully.

Intlius is showing a Nick Zizzamie in Williamstown NJ; same age. What are the chances it's him?

35 years later, still no answers on a disappearance
The Pontiac was found the following day, parked behind his father's popular barbershop, the Golden Razor, at 10 Grove St. in Cherry Hill.

The car, which was locked, held no signs of foul play or clues as to where Zizzamia might have gone or why. Investigators were unable to determine where the phone call had originated.

In the 35 years since, no sightings have been reported, no body has been recovered, and no evidence has emerged that Zizzamia's Social Security number, driver's license, or Amoco gasoline credit card was used again.

"It's like he fell off the face of the earth," says Cherry Hill Police Detective Paul Hafner, who reviews the case annually. "It's baffling."

Zizzamia may have wanted it that way.

I live a few minutes away from Cherry Hill and have always found it frustrating there is not more info on this case.

Wow, just read the article and it had a lot of info I did not know. Definitely sounds like it could have been suicide or disappearing to start a new life. I feel so sad for him.

I live a few minutes away from Cherry Hill and have always found it frustrating there is not more info on this case.

Wow, just read the article and it had a lot of info I did not know. Definitely sounds like it could have been suicide or disappearing to start a new life. I feel so sad for him.

That's why I wondered if it is him in Williamstown. Wonder if they've run his social lately. Also possible he has a different SS number

Intlius is showing a Nick Zizzamie in Williamstown NJ; same age. What are the chances it's him?

That person comes up as 47, but NPZ's birthday is October 30, 1956, which would have made him 58... he must come from a huge Italian family, because I found 2 other Nicholas Zizzamia's but they're all different ages... one is 40 and the other one comes up at 90 (this Nick Zizzamia, died at 87, which could have been his grandfather)

also when i did a search on Spokeo, a whole bunch of names popped up in towns near Cherry Hill... http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=nicholas+zizzamia#New+Jersey

That person comes up as 47, but NPZ's birthday is October 30, 1956, which would have made him 58... he must come from a huge Italian family, because I found 2 other Nicholas Zizzamia's but they're all different ages... one is 40 and the other one comes up at 90 (this Nick Zizzamia, died at 87, which could have been his grandfather)

also when i did a search on Spokeo, a whole bunch of names popped up in towns near Cherry Hill... http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=nicholas+zizzamia#New+Jersey

No clue what I was thinking; my hub's born in 57 lol

Does anyone think this John Doe could be Nicholas Zizzamia?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2388umin.html

Suicide, one week after Zizzamia disappeared. Richmond, IN is about 8-10 hours from Cherry Hill by car. (Thanks Google Maps)

VikingBookLady

This has got to be Nick. Please send in the tip!

Okay, there's obviously a chance it isn't him- but wow. If it is, I can't believe it took over 30 years for this connection to be made. Great find, VBL!

Somebody already suggested this match--a detective just emailed me to say NJ and Indiana authorities have been working on it.

I'm glad they are still working on this cold case. I hope it will soon be solved.

Detective's cold case research halted by a missing grave marker

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20151129_Detective_s_cold_case_research_halted_by_a_missing_grave_marker.html

A week after 22-year-old Nicholas Peter Zizzamia disappeared from his Cherry Hill home May 12, 1979, the body of a young man of similar build and appearance was found 580 miles away in a Richmond, Ind., motel room.

After an investigation failed to establish the man's identity, he was buried June 25, 1979, under the name John Doe.

Could he have been Nick Zizzamia, the shy, sensitive, somewhat melancholy fellow who once told a Bishop Eustace classmate that he planned to vanish someday without a trace?

Finding the answer is complicated by time, distance, and the dead man's evident desire to cover his tracks. Records are lacking, and there's uncertainty over exactly where in Richmond's King Cemetery John Doe was laid to rest.

On the day he disappeared, Zizzamia borrowed his father's car and said he would pick up graduation tickets at Villanova University, where he was a senior accounting major.

He never showed up on campus; the car was later found, locked, behind his father's barbershop on Grove Street in Cherry Hill.

"I'm guessing that if this John Doe is Nicholas, he took a bus - to someplace in the middle of the country where people wouldn't look for him," Hafner says.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back