FL - Jessica Lunsford, 9, abducted & murdered, Homosassa, 27 Feb 2005

KatherineQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Oh no. I can't figure out how to link this, because it's a CNN video on http://www.cnn.com. Maybe it will still be there for awhile.

They're reporting that Jessica was ALIVE when the liars in the house said Couey wasn't there, and worse, she was alive when Couey buried her a day or so later. She was alive in that house, and those cretins didn't notice it, even AFTER the cops had made their first visit.

God help her family.

At this point, I really believe ALL the losers in that trailer who lied about his presence should be charged with a crime - accomplices after the fact.

I think this link will work.
http://premium.cnn.com/pr/video/law/2005/04/08/grace.lunsford.memo.cnn.exclude.html

Keep in mind this is what Couey is saying, and he's not the sharpest tack in the box. The full autopsy has not been completed yet.

How in the heck could the police miss her if she was there? There is no way the others living there could have missed her if she was there. They should be arrested IMO, too.

This is something that did the rounds quite early on. I can't believe it myself - and I guess I don't want to. I really don't see how Couey could have buried her after the search started - there's been reference to floodlights and many people mingling around. I don't think he's that brave. We've discussed elsewhere how meth messes with people's sense of timing and the statistics in this sort of case tend to give credence to the fact that Jessica was very likely killed soon after she was taken. Sheriff Dawsey said very early on that he doubted Couey would ever be able to provide a viable timetable. Still, won't hurt to let his fellow prisoners know this latest piece of information - they'll like him even less.

As for the others, I guess we're back with the question of whether Couey actually lived with the others or whether he had a dilapidated trailer out the back. If it's the latter, it is just about possible they really didn't know. I still think the others should pay for not turning him in.

Ghostwheel said:
The full autopsy has not been completed yet.
The autopsy was completed over two weeks ago, the results just haven't been released yet and probably won't be until the trial. Jessica was laid to rest on Friday Mar, 25.

I'm going to have to drive up that way and check out this dilapidated trailer theory...I've not seen LE mention it as being part of the crime scene.

lady-eowyn said:
I'm going to have to drive up that way and check out this dilapidated trailer theory...I've not seen LE mention it as being part of the crime scene.
Fantastic - an "on the spot" sleuth! I'd be interested to know too. It's the only way I could accept that the others knew nothing.

I've tried looking at it on TerraServer..but it's hard to make heads or tails out of what builiding is what. It does look, on TerraServer, like there are two buildings close to each other at Snowbird Ct...but whether those are the trailers in question I do not know.

I had actually thought of going to the press conference at Homosassa Springs on Monday, if it's open to the public that day. If I do maybe I'll drive to Homosassa and do a drive by of Snowbird Ct. I could even take my digital and snap some picks. I just don't want to look like one of those morbid sightseers...and I'm not sure my stomach can take going near that site...I'll see, I'm pretty sensative to that kind of stuff. That said, I would think if another building on the property were part of the crime scene that LE would have searched it and it would be part of their investigation. I don't recall hearing anything about it from LE reports though.

lady-eowyn said:
I've tried looking at it on TerraServer..but it's hard to make heads or tails out of what builiding is what. It does look, on TerraServer, like there are two buildings close to each other at Snowbird Ct...but whether those are the trailers in question I do not know.

I'm not sure my stomach can take going near that site...I'll see, I'm pretty sensative to that kind of stuff. That said, I would think if another building on the property were part of the crime scene that LE would have searched it and it would be part of their investigation. I don't recall hearing anything about it from LE reports though.

Yes, I remember looking on TerraServer at the time - it's just too wooded to make a lot out. And I can imagine it would be quite traumatic to visit the site. I'm not sure where the concept of a second trailer home came from, but I'm sure I heard it mentioned on here first. It may be something LE are keeping for the trial.

I may be wrong but I thought I recall early on in the investigation, after they had caught Couey and had located Jessica, a reporter said that the reason earlier searches of the location had not revealed newly disturbed earth was because the stairway had been moved over to cover the spot where Jessica was.

Did anyone else hear this?

JMHO
fran

Scorpion said:
Yes, I remember looking on TerraServer at the time - it's just too wooded to make a lot out. And I can imagine it would be quite traumatic to visit the site. I'm not sure where the concept of a second trailer home came from, but I'm sure I heard it mentioned on here first. It may be something LE are keeping for the trial.

They have continued to show the crime scene trailer. It is a single wide home, maybe 14 ft wide and around 70 feet long. I believe if I remember correctly, it is metal instead of the typical vinyl siding they come in today and it has either a dark red or brown wide trim going around the middle of the home. This home has seen its better days imo. This definitely is the older model type which means less insulation and wood structure. Therefore sounds would travel all through the house easily.

I did hear at one time that the owners lived on the property in a regular house away from the trailer but I am sure Jessie was never near that home. The lots seem to be large areas. The Lunsfords place is very spacious in land area. Most subdivisions such as this one have 1 acre tracts.

I cannot believe that these four people did not know Jessie was in that home. It is a shame that there isn't a law where someone can be prosecuted for obstruction if they purposefully lie to LE...as they said HE did not live there with them and they were lying the entire time. He was probably hiding in a closet as they spoke to LE.

IMO, the laws are going to tighten around these type of people that do nothing but put a blight on society and absolutely do nothing good for mankind at all.

I hope they rot and Couey too. Whether they are ever arrested or not...........I despise them as much as I do Couey.

Ocean

fran said:
I may be wrong but I thought I recall early on in the investigation, after they had caught Couey and had located Jessica, a reporter said that the reason earlier searches of the location had not revealed newly disturbed earth was because the stairway had been moved over to cover the spot where Jessica was.

Did anyone else hear this?

JMHO
fran

I dont know Fran but have you seen the back of the crime scene home where Jessie was found? I find it highly unlikely that anything was moved. The trailer had a rather nice medium deck built on the back of the home....it is built on site and joins together and is extremely heavy.........remember it said that when they located Jessie it took them hours just to remove the steps she was under? So no, imo. he just didn't move the steps over as it would not match up to the rest of the deck pad.

I think Couey must have crawled under the home and came up at the back of the steps and buried her in a shallow grave there in the plastic bag (according to CNN and Fox)

JMO

Ocean

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A 9-year-old girl was raped, bound and buried alive, kneeling and clutching a purple stuffed dolphin, state prosecutors said in documents released Wednesday.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]Jessica Lunsford's body was found March 19 buried about 150 yards from her house in Homosassa, about 60 miles north of Tampa.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]According to the documents, Jessica was found wearing shorts and a shirt - different from the pink nightgown her family said she was wearing when they reported her missing Feb. 24, The Tampa Tribune said in its online edition late Wednesday.
[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]
http://apnews.myway.com//article/20050420/D89JE96O0.html
[/font]

Horrific.
[/font]

I think this bast**d should die the same way he killed Jessica. I also think the people that lived in that home should also be prosecuted. I'm sure they know way more than they are telling.

I don't understand how someone could do that to a child. I just can't wrap my mind around it, which is probably a good thing.

winelover said:
[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A 9-year-old girl was raped, bound and buried alive, kneeling and clutching a purple stuffed dolphin, state prosecutors said in documents released Wednesday.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]Jessica Lunsford's body was found March 19 buried about 150 yards from her house in Homosassa, about 60 miles north of Tampa.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]According to the documents, Jessica was found wearing shorts and a shirt - different from the pink nightgown her family said she was wearing when they reported her missing Feb. 24, The Tampa Tribune said in its online edition late Wednesday.
[/font]

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20050420/D89JE96O0.html
[/font]

Horrific.
[/font]

I heard that on the news yesterday and I can't even explain how it made me feel except that I can't hold the tears back when I think of the way that little girl died. I just can't stand it. I don't know how Mark and his parents hold on to their sanity.

If that perverted piece of chit doesn't get the death penalty then there is really something wrong with the system. I think I am going to email or write a letter to the Pros and give my opinion in a nice way. I expect the death penalty....not hope for it. They could save a lot of money if they just dig a hole somewhere...throw him in it and fill the hole up with dirt. He deserves nothing less.

They could save a lot of money if they just dig a hole somewhere...throw him in it and fill the hole up with dirt. He deserves nothing less.

I completely, 100% agree! What a monster!!!

Usher737 said:
They could save a lot of money if they just dig a hole somewhere...throw him in it and fill the hole up with dirt. He deserves nothing less.

I completely, 100% agree! What a monster!!!

I Totally agree. I am not a proponent of the death penalty but for this piece of scum I'd gladly shovel the dirt. Oh I cried and cried when I heard that on the news last night. My heart is just torn in two for her father and family. What he must be going through is just unbearable.

Circuit Court Judge Ric Howard will decide Monday morning whether statements given by John Evander Couey made to two Orlando detectives can be used against him in court.

Couey is accused of killing 9-year-old Jessica Marie Lunsford in February, 2005. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

On March 31, 2005 when detectives spoke to Couey in the Citrus County jail, he was already represented by the public defender’s office. The detectives never contacted his lawyers and never asked anyone if he had legal representation. Although they read him his Miranda rights and he said he understood them, his public defender Daniel Lewan had already given specific instructions that Couey wasn’t to talk to anyone. http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/newswire/story/couey-hearing-set-for-monday/

I know there is a forum on the trial but more people would see it here, jury just came back and voted 10-2 for the death sentence.

RIP Jessica!!!

Vegas Bride said:
I know there is a forum on the trial but more people would see it here, jury just came back and voted 10-2 for the death sentence.

RIP Jessica!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank goodness no one bought into the retarded bullsh...t------
hope he rots in hell

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members