FL FL - Teresa Fittin, 18, Fort Lauderdale, 1 Aug 1975

FLreporter

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am a reporter and have been reading your posts, which have helped me figure out how to appropriately tackle some missing persons stories. I'm truly impressed by the dedication many of you have, spending hours in front of a pc in search of possible matches between online missing persons reports and Jane and John Does.

The following story is about Terea lyn Fittin, who was 18 and possibly pregnant when she went missing from Fort Lauderdale in 1975. Please keep her in mind when you do your searching. There's not a lot of info about her online.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...s11sep11,0,7134674.story?coll=sfla-news-front

From the above article:

"Travisano said she got a much different response from Fort Lauderdale police after Fittin's boyfriend reported her missing on Aug. 1, 1975. He also told police Fittin was six months pregnant.

Ten days later, someone at the Riverland Branch Library on Davie Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale called Travisano to say they found Fittin's wallet in the building. Inside the plastic sheets meant to hold credit cards, Fittin kept photos of her friends and her driver's license, her only ID, Travisano said. She reported the find to police, but it did not lead to new developments.

Fittin and her boyfriend argued before she went missing, police said. She left her Davie Boulevard apartment in her greenish-gray, four-door, 1964 Nash Rambler, license plate number 10-16425. Detectives found $300 on a dresser in her apartment, along with the rest of her belongings."

Ok - this is what gets me here - they argued before she disappeared, but yet he was the one that reported her missing? Ordinarily I would say that the boyfriend looks like he knows something here, but with him being the one who reported her missing, I wonder....

Why wouldn't her mother be the one to report her missing, anyhow?

I don't think that it means much because he reported her missing. Maybe he thought that if he reported her missing it would take the spot light off of him.
I would think that he would be the first one that they would look at though because he was her boyfriend, the argued before she went missing, and she was pregnant. We know that no one robbed her as there was money in her home that someone would have taken. I wonder if she left her wallet in the library or if someone planted it there to be found later? She's been missing for a long time so it is unlikely that she is still alive. She surly would have contacted someone by now. My focus would have been the boyfriend until he proved where he was, etc. I'll have to read up on this case when I have the time. I'm curious now!

he reported Teresa missing b/c he went looking for her after they argued, according to police. Since Teresa lived on her own, her mother would not have known right away that something was off.

I wonder why the daughter wasn't living at home since she hadn't even finished high school yet? Who was she living with? It also seems odd the mother wouldn't have known she was pregnant. I knew my daughter was pregnant before she did! At six months, surely the mother would have noticed some changes in her daughter. A sad story; what a pretty girl she was!

FLreporter: Do you know -- and can you tell us -- the name of Theresa's boyfriend who reported her missing?

Teresa Lyn Fittin
Missing since August 1, 1975 from Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing
Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: April 19, 1957
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1; 107 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Fittin's nickname is "Bunny."
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available
Medical Conditions: She was six weeks pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
Vehicle: 1964 greenish-gray Rambler

Circumstances of Disappearance
Fittin left her Fort Lauderdale, Florida home on August 1, 1975 after an argument with her boyfriend and has never been seen again. She left all her belongings behind, and $300 on her dresser. Her wallet was found in a local library ten days later but her 1964 greenish-gray Rambler has never been located.

It is possible that Fittin may have traveled to Tennessee, Colorado and Pennsylvania.

Authorities suspect foul play is involved in her disappearance.
Investigators
If you have any information concerning Fittin's whereabouts, please contact:
Fort Lauderdale Police Department
Detective Bonnie Veltri
954-761-5547

Agency Case Number: 75-65195
NCIC Number: M-029828863
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Fort Lauderdale Police Department
The Doe Network: Case File 353DFFL

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/353dffl.html

the info posted in the above ws thread says she was 6 MONTHS pregnant, but her Doe page says 6 WEEKS?

LisainWV said:
the info posted in the above ws thread says she was 6 MONTHS pregnant, but her Doe page says 6 WEEKS?
There is obviously a descrepancy in the reports. I quoted the Doenetwork file in my initial post. One of the reports is incorrect, but I couldn't say which one at this time.

New hope in the case of missing Teresa Lyn Fittin who went missing in 1975, at age 18.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...ar15,0,2217114.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Flyer:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...14210858,0,5127819.photo?coll=sfla-news-front

I would hope that Teresa's boyfriend was questioned thoroughly, since Teresa was pregnant at the time of her disappearance. And, we all know how most of those type cases usually go.

Praying that Teresa's mother is able to finally get some long awaited answers in her daughter's disappearance some 30+ years ago, with the renewal of investigations into Teresa's case.

I hope that this mom does finally get some answers about what happened to her daughter. Thirty years is a long time to go not knowing anything. It seems pretty obvious to me that the boyfriend probably took this girl's life as she was pregnant. I hope LE can prove it after all of this time.

fittin_teresa.jpg
fittin_teresa_ap.jpg

Teresa Lyn Fittin

Endangered Missing -- Missing Since: August 1, 1975

Missing From: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Height: 5'1" -- Weight: 110 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

Teresa may go by the name Bunny.

Teresa left her Fort Lauderdale, Florida home on August 1, 1975 after an argument with her boyfriend and has never been seen again. She left all her belongings behind, and $300 on her dresser. Her wallet was found in a local library ten days later but her 1964 greenish-gray Nash Rambler has never been located. She hasn't accessed her bank accounts.

It is possible that Fittin may have traveled to Tennessee, Colorado and Pennsylvania. But authorities suspect foul play is involved in her disappearance.

NCMEC

Charley Project

Doe Network

Bump.

Teresa has been missing 35 years today. Prayers she is returned to her family soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back