NY - Three killed, gunman dead in Greenwich Village shootings, 14 March 2007

kahskye

Inactive
Reaction score
NEW YORK (AP) -- A gunman shot and killed a pizza parlor employee and two unarmed volunteer police officers who pursued him, then was shot to death by other officers in a series of shootings in a crowded Manhattan neighborhood Wednesday, the mayor said.

The bedlam began around 9 p.m., when the gunman went into the pizzeria, asked for a menu and then shot an employee 15 times in the back, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/15/nyc.shootout.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

How sad!

This one really got me. We go into NYC at least once a month and stay in lower Manhatten about 1/2 block from the Trade Center. We OFTEN walk around GV, Little Italy, SoHo...I love the area and feel very safe with our children there. Yes, it is NYC and there is crime, but this area feels so community minded...it's hard to describe. This shooting is terrible!! I feel for the NYPD's loved ones. These men and women work their *advertiser censored**es off for, what I feel, is very little compensation. So sad!

Pocono Sleuther said:
This ...We OFTEN walk around GV, Little Italy, SoHo...I love the area and feel very safe with our children there...
I believe that you can thank (ex-) Mayor Rudy Guilliani for a safer NYC. He really cleaned up the crime and made the city safer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back