FL FL - Randi Gorenberg, 52, Boca Raton, 25 March 2007

Shadow205

Reaction score
Sunday, March 25, 2007
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office has identified the woman who was shot in the head, pushed from a black Mercedes SUV and found dead near Morikami Park on Friday afternoon as Randi M. Gorenberg, 52, of suburban Boca Raton.
An autopsy finished Saturday afternoon concluded Gorenberg died of a gunshot wound to the head, said sheriff's office spokesman Paul Miller.

<snip>
Randi Gorenberg was married to Dr. Stewart Gorenberg, 52, a chiropractor at Fort Lauderdale Accident and Injury Center on South Andrews Avenue. The couple own a home in upscale Boniello Acres, just down the road from Morikami Park, and have two children.
Calls to the Gorenberg family went unanswered Saturday afternoon.
Miller said Gorenberg has cooperated with the sheriff's office investigation and that the Mercedes GL450 from which the woman was pushed is registered under his name. He declined to provide additional information, saying the investigation is ongoing.
<snip>
A sheriff's office community service aide found the vehicle abandoned behind a Home Depot about an hour after the shooting Friday, with a blood-stained interior.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localn...paper/2007/03/25/s1c_WOMAN_ID_0325.html?imw=Y

Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Investigators on Sunday pulled a bullet from the roadside in the suburban Delray Beach park where a woman was shot to death Friday and dumped from a sport utility vehicle, authorities said.
The recovered slug was probably the bullet used to kill Randi A. Gorenberg, 52, of suburban Boca Raton, in the brazen afternoon shooting, said Paul Miller, spokesman for the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

It's one more clue authorities will use as they hunt for Gorenberg's killer, who shot the wife and mother in the head just as classes were letting out at nearby Morikami Park Elementary School.

<snip>

Detectives on Monday still had yet to recover Gorenberg's purse, her shoes - she was found wearing only white socks, blue jeans and a green shirt - or her cellphone, Miller said.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2007/03/27/s1b_gorenberg_0327.html

Sheriff's detectives are reviewing surveillance videos and searching for the purse and cell phone belonging to the West Boca mother shot to death Friday and dumped on a back road near The Morikami Museum and Japanese Garden Park west of Delray Beach, officials said Monday

<snip>

Detectives did not say whether they know where Gorenberg may have come in contact with her killer. Her home showed no signs of a break-in, Miller said.

There are no known motives or suspects in the killing, he said.

Gorenberg was married to Stewart Gorenberg, also 52, a chiropractor at the Fort Lauderdale Accident and Injury Center. The couple filed for divorce in 1988 but the case was dismissed a year later, according to court records. They had a son, Daniel, and daughter, Sarie.

Gorenberg's husband is cooperating in the investigation, Miller said.

Authorities are examining video surveillance in areas west of Delray Beach to see whether cameras captured the SUV's movements or signs of how Gorenberg met her killer. They also are looking for her purse and cell phone for insights into what she was doing before her death.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...rg27mar27,0,4390104.story?coll=sfla-news-palm

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Friends and family gathered at a suburban Boca Raton synagogue Tuesday to mourn the woman who was shot and killed last week in a suburban Delray Beach park.
The murder of Randi Gorenberg, a 52-year-old wife and mother of two, has stunned the close-knit Jewish community west of Boca Raton, friends said.

<snip>

As mourners gathered for the funeral, authorities continued investigating the brazen shooting, which happened about 1:50 p.m. Friday in the Gov. Lawton Chiles Memorial Park near Jog and Morikami Park roads

<snip>
Sheriff's spokesman Paul Miller said detectives reported no signs of a break-in at their Boniello Drive home in suburban Boca Raton.
Miller added that investigators were working diligently on the case.
"They're making progress," he said.

Miller said Gorenberg has cooperated with the sheriff's office investigation and that the Mercedes GL450 from which the woman was pushed is registered under his name. He declined to provide additional information, saying the investigation is ongoing.
........................................................................................................

So the vehicle that the woman was pushed out of is registered to her husband? Did he report his vehicle missing that day or what? It doesn't sound like LE think that the husband is guilty. I'm confused. Was that the vehicle that the wife drove? Did they find the vehicle?

Could have been a car-jacking gone bad....REAL BAD!

They aren't really forthcoming with much details about the moments leading up to her murder....except that they are reviewing surveillance video, which makes me believe she was at a mall or store....I think you are right, Bobbisangel, doesn't sound like LE believes the husband is involved.

Thursday, March 29, 2007
Investigators on Wednesday arrived unannounced to search the suburban Boca Raton home of the woman who was fatally shot last week and dropped in a park west of Delray Beach.
The search, conducted after detectives obtained a search warrant, was part of a routine investigation into the killing of Randi Gorenberg, a 52-year-old wife and mother, said Paul Miller, sheriff's office spokesman.

Although the detectives showed up without notice, Miller said the search didn't necessarily signal a shift in the focus of the investigation. "We have to proceed to obtain as much evidence as possible," he said. "There shouldn't be any conclusions drawn as a result of that process."
Miller added that the victim's husband, Stewart Gorenberg, is cooperating with the investigation.

<snip>
On Wednesday night, family and friends still in mourning moved to a relative's home in suburban Delray Beach as homicide detectives and crime scene investigators pored over the Gorenbergs' 7,000-square-foot house.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localn...epaper/2007/03/29/s1b_gorenberg_warrant1.html

She was found in an area that she was known to frequent. An earlier article mentioned a Starbucks and a couple of other businesses. Her body was found just inside the entrance of a park that she was known to walk in. There was a witness who heard the shots and saw he pushed out of the vehicle. The vehicle was found behind a Home Depot about a mile away shortly after the incident. There were bloodstains inside the vehicle.

"Miller said investigators were searching for Gorenberg's shoes - she was found wearing white socks, blue jeans and a green shirt - purse and cellphone, among other items."

...The mother and daughter of the woman slain a week ago cried uncontrollably, begging for the public's help in the hunt for her killer...

..As Palm Beach County Sheriff's Capt. Jack Strenges told what detectives know of Randi Gorenberg's final hour, Idey Elias and her granddaughter overshadowed his voice with the emotion of their loss...
http://tinyurl.com/ynmu5j

From the article I noticed:
  • Stewart Gorenberg was not at the news conference.
  • Statement from Strenges: "The mother is never going to be the same again, the daughter is never going to be the same again..."
Perhaps the husband is a very private person and so devastated that he's staying in the background...

Greta had someone from LE speak about this case tonight (Apr 3) and showed the video they had (of her car?) around the time she was killed. I didn't get to see/hear any of it as my daughter called and that took precedent over GVS.

I don't know if the husband was discussed as a person of interest or not.

I hope someone else saw it or will see the repeat. I'll look around for the video at Fox.

Sounds like a carjacking, it reallly does................or maybe the husband paid to make it look like a carjacking

Greta had someone from LE speak about this case tonight (Apr 3) and showed the video they had (of her car?) around the time she was killed. I didn't get to see/hear any of it as my daughter called and that took precedent over GVS.

I don't know if the husband was discussed as a person of interest or not.

I hope someone else saw it or will see the repeat. I'll look around for the video at Fox.

I saw that on Greta in fact it will be replayed soon on her repeat. The LE officer that was speaking stressed that the family is totally cooperating contrary to rumors otherwise.

The video showed Randi walking across a mall but the banner at the bottom of the screen was in the way towards the end of that clip. Then a video of the vehicle coming out of a parking aisle at Home Depot? and turning left in front of the surveillance camera rather rapidly. They said that it was 38 minutes from the time that Randi was seen on mall cameras to when the vehicle was seen at the Home Depot. The trial runs from different routes showed about a 13 minute trip from the mall to HD.

Thanks for the info, Chicoliving. You are always so helpful!

I couldn't help but notice it was a very nice car but can't remember the type unless I go through the thread again.

It could very well be a carjacking, kylie. I'm always skeptical of the spouse in situations like this, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in some fashion either.

Either way, it's very sad.

I just don't get this world anymore.

Thanks for the info, Chicoliving. You are always so helpful!

I couldn't help but notice it was a very nice car but can't remember the type unless I go through the thread again.

It could very well be a carjacking, kylie. I'm always skeptical of the spouse in situations like this, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in some fashion either.

Either way, it's very sad.

I just don't get this world anymore.

Mercedes GL450

Case is featured on America's Most Wanted website

Police have no suspect, no sketch, and very little to go on. They have a few clues that may help such as many of Randi's belongings are missing. She was dumped in the street after being shot without her shoes. Police believe her black and white slip on Puma sneakers may have been taken by the killer(s). The same goes for her purse, wallet, cell phone and packages from her earlier shopping outing. (See evidence photos)

more at the link http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=44363

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back