GUILTY CA - 'Angelita de Orosi', newborn found dead, Orosi, 3 Dec 2006

kahskye

Inactive
Reaction score
OROSI, California (AP) -- The first newborn was discovered swaddled in a blanket on a park bench, an umbilical cord still hanging from his tiny body. Then, at neat 11-month intervals, two more abandoned babies were found in parked pickup trucks in the same neighborhood.
This week, DNA tests established all three babies were almost certainly born to the same mother.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/28/abandoned.babies.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

How sad, when there's so many who would have loved to have a baby. Thank God two of the infants survived.

OROSI, California (AP) -- The first newborn was discovered swaddled in a blanket on a park bench, an umbilical cord still hanging from his tiny body. Then, at neat 11-month intervals, two more abandoned babies were found in parked pickup trucks in the same neighborhood.
This week, DNA tests established all three babies were almost certainly born to the same mother.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/28/abandoned.babies.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

How sad, when there's so many who would have loved to have a baby. Thank God two of the infants survived.

Holy Chit!

my god. she waits two months after the last and concieves again. less than a year apart. this is crazy ... why isn't she getting help or leaving the babies where they need to be? for the next one, now that they are looking for her because this baby died due to her actions- i'm afraid that she may hid the next one or even worse - do something else to dispose of it where she won't be caught. horrible!

I vaguely recall reading CA's safe haven law either allows or would not prosecute someone *other* than the mother dropping off the infant.

And some people argue it's inhumane to mandate forced sterilization.

This is horrible! I hope they catch this twisted excuse for a mother before she kills one more precious baby.

Lion

How terrible. If she is going to keep having babys every 11 months why doesn't she just give them up for adoption and let them go from the hospital?
I wonder whose pickup she left the last two in or was it just a random truck?

It's hard to believe that she would just keep getting pregnant instead of going to a clinic and getting birth control. I wonder if it is someone that doesn't speak english and doesn't know where to go. Maybe someone from another country? It will be interesting to see what all is involved in this story.
Hard to believe a woman would just keep having babies just to throw them away without someone else being involved. Maybe an abusive husband or boyfriend??????

How terrible. If she is going to keep having babys every 11 months why doesn't she just give them up for adoption and let them go from the hospital?
I wonder whose pickup she left the last two in or was it just a random truck?

It's hard to believe that she would just keep getting pregnant instead of going to a clinic and getting birth control. I wonder if it is someone that doesn't speak english and doesn't know where to go. Maybe someone from another country? It will be interesting to see what all is involved in this story.
Hard to believe a woman would just keep having babies just to throw them away without someone else being involved. Maybe an abusive husband or boyfriend??????

While unfortunately it is most likely a "mother" dumping these babies...it could also be someone who is abusing his daughter or wife and taking the babies from her.

This is horrible! I hope they catch this twisted excuse for a mother before she kills one more precious baby.

Lion

We don't have all the facts....I think 2luvmy's conclusion is very feasible in this case. It could easily be an abused woman who isn't allowed access to a clinic, hospital, or even friends.

I can pretty much guarantee this is not any June Cleaver that is doing this just because she doesn't want to be burdened.

It is quite possible that she doesn't understand the severity of what she is doing, based off of the success of her first and second abandonments, she probably thought the third would survive too.

It is a sad case, no doubt.

While unfortunately it is most likely a "mother" dumping these babies...it could also be someone who is abusing his daughter or wife and taking the babies from her.

That was my first thought.

My first thought - women generally become fertile again about 6 weeks to 2 months after a birth. This is someone who is constantly having sex.

My guess - an abused child who is hiding the pregnancies and is being continually abused throughout the pregnancy, birth and post natal period, and is then becoming pregnant again straight away. This might sound awful, but the two babies that did survive might actually have survived purely because they were abandoned.

She could be 13 years old and non-English speaking. She could 19 and intellectually disabled. Or she could be an irresponsible *advertiser censored* who should be jailed.

But I think we need more info on this one before we judge.

Hasnt this woman heard of birth control. As said in earlier posts we dont know the whole facts, I just feel for those poor babies.

The link I provided above stated that sheriff's officials announced the DNA results. The first two babies probably had the same father, but Angelita (who died from exposure Dec. 3, 2006) was fathered by a different man.

If this poor mom is being abused, it looks like another man is involved. I agree that we need more information about her. If she is a young girl and non-English speaking, she needs to be educated about STD and birth control. If she is old enough to know better, SHAME ON HER!

The link I provided above stated that sheriff's officials announced the DNA results. The first two babies probably had the same father, but Angelita (who died from exposure Dec. 3, 2006) was fathered by a different man.

If this poor mom is being abused, it looks like another man is involved. I agree that we need more information about her. If she is a young girl and non-English speaking, she needs to be educated about STD and birth control. If she is old enough to know better, SHAME ON HER!

I wondered about the different father for the 3rd baby, but again...if it is some sort of abuse situation, who knows what types of people this father, husband, boyfriend, pimp, or even mother is allowing access to this girl/woman.

I wondered about the different father for the 3rd baby, but again...if it is some sort of abuse situation, who knows what types of people this father, husband, boyfriend, pimp, or even mother is allowing access to this girl/woman.

I agree with 2luvmy...
We read of all kinds of sicko parents on here.....
So who knows?

This could simply be some girl who's father abuses her and sells her off to his friends.

If she's doing it by choice, lets let her continue cranking out the babies, but take them when they come out and give them to all those people who want babies and are on waiting lists.

I so confused. There were 3 babies, can someone explain the timeline in which they were abandoned? All 3 at once? All 3 at different times? 2 at once, 1 at another time? I can't seem to grasp the timeline of births/deaths....TIA.

I so confused. There were 3 babies, can someone explain the timeline in which they were abandoned? All 3 at once? All 3 at different times? 2 at once, 1 at another time? I can't seem to grasp the timeline of births/deaths....TIA.

Post #1 of this thread quotes a news article that says
. . .The first newborn was discovered swaddled in a blanket on a park bench, an umbilical cord still hanging from his tiny body. Then, at neat 11-month intervals, two more abandoned babies were found in parked pickup trucks in the same neighborhood. . .

Note: I added the bolding.

Does this help?

Post #1 of this thread quotes a news article that says

Note: I added the bolding.

Does this help?

WOW, so the first one found, then 11 months, another found, then 11 months another found?

Thanks docwho, I did read that, but it wasn't registering....I think I was doing too many things at once!

What a weird story. Someone sure is a fertile Myrtle!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back