FL - Jeremy Woods & 2 boys for brutal attack on homeless man, Daytona Beach, 2007

kahskye

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/29/homeless.attack/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

CNN) -- Egged on by a 17-year-old, two 10-year-old boys joined in the attack of a Florida homeless man, leaving him bruised and bloody, police said.

The incident highlights an upswing in violent crime across the U.S. against the homeless.

Tuesday's incident, which took place in Daytona Beach, Florida, may make history, said the nonprofit's acting executive director Michael Stoops.
"If we're talking about 10-year-olds, that means we've hit an all-time low," said Stoops. "The youngest person to have ever been arrested for a crime like this is 13." (Read CNN's exclusive story about homeless 'sport killings')
Daytona Police Sgt. Billy Walden said the teen and two boys were walking in their neighborhood around 9 p.m. when they saw 58-year-old John D'Amico. They began throwing rocks at the homeless man.
The 17-year-old, Jeremy Woods, punched D'Amico who then fell over a concrete wall. As he lay on the ground, one of the 10-year-olds -- whose names are not being released -- used parts of the concrete to bash D'Amico in the head, a police report shows. (Watch cuffed 10-year-olds in court )

I just want to know, where are the parents??? No 10 yr old of mine is going to be walking the neighborhood at 9 p.m.

Where are the parents? Probably sitting at home after hitting and pushing their 10 yr old kids around, showing them how it's done.

:(

What a tragedy...I hope that it isn't to late for someone to step in and turn these kids around. I think that the parents should be charged with neglect for allowing the boys to roam the streets.

the poor homeless man is down and out and then this happens to him.
Inhumane!

Question...I know this is weird...but as a person getting attacked, are you allowed to defend yourself, even if the kid is a 10 year old child? Cuz if some 10 year old was going to try to bash my head in with concrete I would probably put my foot up his *advertiser censored*.

They showed the victim several times tonight and he looked AWFUL.

I saw this on the news earlier and just sat here shaking my head. TEN YEARS OLD! I am in agreement with everyone else - where the heck were the parents?

I can't help but wonder what kind of homes these kids come from. They haven't been taught to respect adults regardless of the adults situation. This is terrible. Regardless...these boys deserve to be punished. They are old enough to know the difference between right and wrong. This is how people grow up to be killers. People feel sorry for them because of their home lives so they get a tap on the hand and it just gets worse and worse. By the time they are a John Couey at trial that old "he had a tough childhood is still trying to be sold. Now is the time to turn these kids around. They can't do things like that to other human beings.

http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/090607/D8RG5T301.shtml
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - A 17-year-old charged along with two 10-year-olds in the beating and stoning of a homeless Army veteran will avoid prison by serving in a juvenile facility, a judge determined Thursday.

Prosecutors recommended Jeremy Woods spend 15 months in jail and nearly four years on probation. Circuit Court Judge Julianne Piggotte sentenced him instead to a high-risk facility for juveniles until he turns 19 or is fit for release.
Woods was the only youth charged as an adult in the severe beating and stoning of John D'Amico, 58. D'Amico needed reconstructive facial surgery but has recovered. Woods, who pleaded no contest to aggravated battery, allegedly hit D'Amico hard enough to break a wall. One of the younger boys then slammed a broken chunk of wall into his face.

This just breaks my heart. How people/children can inflict pain on anyone is beyond me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back