PA PA - Robert 'Bobby' Freeman, 58, Easton, 18 Jan 1992

bykerladi

Reaction score
This article was in the Express-Times in NJ this morning, but I have never heard of this murder before. Seems to me that with such a gruesom crime there must be evidence somewhere. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything else about this crime. I know this forum has tons of highly intelligent and fantastic sleuthers - can anyone else find anything?

http://www.nj.com/news/expresstimes/nj/index.ssf?/base/news-4/11754894446780.xml&coll=2

Hey bykerladi...you're right about it being odd that's there's not anything more about this...I am intrigued now to know more about this unsolved case...The only thing I have found so far is this article, but it's from the 4-2-07 so pretty recent and not to much more info then what you have already. I'll keep digging and let you know if I find anything else.

Friend: Victim never bothered anyone

Monday, April 02, 2007 By TOM QUIGLEY
The Express-Times
Phillipsburg resident Ron Titus remembers Bobby Freeman -- his friend and co-worker at Ingersoll-Rand -- as a hardworking, average Joe.
"I worked with Bobby up at Rand for years," Titus said. "When his death occurred and the way it occurred was kind of shocking."
Titus said investigators "beat the brush and beat the brush and beat the brush."
"He was just an average Joe," Titus said. "It just bothered me that a guy like that who never bothered anybody would be brutally murdered, thrown out in a cornfield and left to rot."
Titus said the rumor mill kicked in immediately after Freeman's death and theories about who killed him were rampant.
Freeman lived on Centre Square in Easton at the time of his death and frequented the bars in downtown Phillipsburg.
"Bobby hung out in the barrooms," he said. "He was not a high-profile person, not socially, not politically."
Titus said Freeman was short in stature but able to defend himself.
"But he got along with anybody," he said. "He never had a hostile word for anybody."
Freeman worked hard at Ingersoll-Rand as a welder with the maintenance crew, Titus said. Freeman worked primarily in the plant's foundry.
"He was an excellent worker," Titus said, describing a job that sometimes entailed "standing on your head inside a vessel welding. It was tough work."
Rita Jones' collection of papers linked to her brother's killing includes an old reward poster offering $1,600 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of her brother's killers. The poster includes an image of Freeman dressed in a suit, sporting a moustache and wearing sunglasses.
A yellowed obituary reveals Freeman served in the U.S. Army and belonged to a Palmer Township American Legion post. He was also a member of the Golden Arrows motorcycle club.
Freeman and his wife celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary only weeks before his murder. His body was interred at the Greenwich Presbyterian Cemetery in Bloomsbury, the obituary reads. He was the father of two.
There is a death certificate as well. In it is a mercifully brief description of the cause of Freeman's homicide.
"Multiple injuries," it reads. "Physical assault (violent)."
Jones wrote a brief letter to the editor in January 2004:
"It has been 12 years since Robert Freeman Sr. was murdered. Just a reminder to the person or persons who murdered my brother. Maybe one day someone will come forward and give up the information," she wrote.
Reporter Tom Quigley can be reached at 908-475-8184 or by e-mail at tquigley@express-times.com.

Two decades after murder, family of Bobby Freeman is losing hope justice will be served

For years, Rita Jones crusaded to have her brother's killer, or killers, brought to justice.

She's spoken with Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli, pestered police, written letters to local media and raised funds for a cash reward for information leading to the murderer's arrest.

But now, two decades after a passerby found Robert "Bobby" Freeman's frozen and broken body in a Forks Township cornfield, Jones said Monday she's all but given up. The case is scheduled to appear before a Northampton County grand jury in the next year and half, but Jones doesn't expect the cold case to thaw any time soon.

"It's been 20 years and ain't nothing been done about it," Jones said during an interview in her Easton apartment.

More: http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/easton/index.ssf/2012/04/20_years_after_murder_family_o.html

10789362-large.jpg

Express-Times Photo | BILL ADAMS

So this Thor Frey was 27 when this murder happened and 25 years later he was still living the life of crime. Sounds like he has a connection to someone that was protecting him. I wonder if he and his partner in crime in the 2006 murder had any connection to an outlaw motorcycle club? A man of color wearing club colors of an independent MC might be a target for 1% MC members. I also wonder if the known prostitute had any connection to Frey and/or if the woman whom connected Frey to the crime is one and the same woman?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back