Identified! MO - Brush Creek, Kansas City, Female Body, Apr'07 - Mary Young

Melly

Reaction score
Police: Jogger Finds Body In Brush Creek

Body In Terrible State Of Decay, Police Say

POSTED: 3:24 pm CDT April 2, 2007
UPDATED: 9:49 pm CDT April 2, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A jogger spotted a woman's body in Brush Creek on Monday afternoon, police said.

Police were called to Cleaver Boulevard and Elmwood Avenue just after 2 p.m. The body was found floating near a concrete post in the water.

Don Love said the first time he ran by the area, he noticed some turtles perched on top of what he thought was a sandbag.

"Then I got up closer and I thought, 'That looks like a body.' So I thought to myself, 'That's crazy.' And I kept jogging," Love told KMBC's Martin Augustine.

He said he ran for a few minutes and then decided to turn around and check out exactly what he saw.

"I saw the turtles still on there, and I saw the little limbs where the knees bend. I thought to myself, 'That's a body,'" Love said.

What a gruesome find. I don't know if I would have had the nerve to return to investigate. I would have probably just called the police...and met them at the location.

I sure hope they find out soon the identity of the deceased.

Sadly, bodies of water push up many "bodies" in the spring. The warm weather activates the gasses in the bodies and they float to the top. Here in NY, we hear of this each spring in the East River....
bodies float up to the top every day in the spring :(

MG

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member