WA - Charles Young for soliciting murder of fetus, Suncrest, 2006

White Rain

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264300,00.html

COLVILLE, Wash. — An 18-year-old pleaded guilty to trying to hire a hit man to kill his ex-girlfriend's nearly full-term fetus and was sentenced to more than six years in prison.
Charles D. Young received 76 1/2 months in prison Tuesday after pleading guilty to first-degree solicitation to commit manslaughter. State law allows for such a count when a viable fetus is the intended target.
Prosecutors allege Young, then 17, offered an undercover officer posing as a hit man $3,250 last October to injure his estranged 17-year-old girlfriend so badly that her fetus would die.
Young was arrested after a classmate learned of his plan and went to police, who arranged to have Young and the undercover officer meet, prosecutor John Troberg said. Young said in a recorded conversation that he didn't care whether his former girlfriend survived the attack, Troberg said.
Young, of Suncrest, northwest of Spokane, apologized to the girl and her family at sentencing, Troberg said.
Young, who learned of the pregnancy after breaking up with the girl, initially expressed interest in raising his child but later told his ex-girlfriend he wanted nothing to do with the baby, the prosecutor said.
Young's attorney, Bevan Maxey, said his client is an intelligent young man who got bad advice.

Oh wow that is just terrible. I guess he was trying to get back at the girlfriend. I am glad she is okay. Now this guy should never have any rights to see his kid IMO.

What in the world is wrong with people? If this kid didn't want any part of the baby then he didn't have to be involved in its life. He wanted it dead so he wouldn't have to be a part of its life and probably because he didn't want to even think about child support. If you don't want it then eliminate it is his motto I guess. Glad the hit man was a cop and I'm doubly glad this the kid who heard of his intentions went to the police...he is a hero in my book. That took a lot of courage for someone his age.

I really hate those "I'm sorrys" in court. You know darn well he didn't mean it. He is probably sorry that his plan failed...the little punk.

His attorney thinks that this kid is smart but he got bad advice :banghead:
Advice from who? If he was smart he never would have even thought of doing something like that. Here is where he is going and where he belongs :behindbar

Thank GOD the friend notified the police........

Hopefully mom will file to have dads parental rights revoked. He'd get them if she named him father and chose to file for child support. Which, if she receives any public aid she will be required to do.........

Why didn't he also have to be sterilized? IMO he gave up any right to ever be a father.

VB

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264300,00.html

Young's attorney, Bevan Maxey, said his client is an intelligent young man who got bad advice.

What? :slap: That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Bad advice would be something akin to deny paternity; run to another state and maybe they won't find you and force you to pay child support. Kill your unborn child and possibly your ex-girlfriend...bad advice???

I hope this baby never has to know what happened. I hope that the mother finds someone to love her and her baby and be the father that the baby deserves.

What? :slap: That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Bad advice would be something akin to deny paternity; run to another state and maybe they won't find you and force you to pay child support. Kill your unborn child and possibly your ex-girlfriend...bad advice???

I hope this baby never has to know what happened. I hope that the mother finds someone to love her and her baby and be the father that the baby deserves.

I was just about to comment on that. I just don't understand how anyone could harm a child. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I agree with all of your comments,

this is downright nauseating. :furious:

If you don't want the baby, that is one thing but
to try and kill him or her... and more than likely, the Mum. :banghead:

What a brave soul that classmate is!!!!! I hope tonight as he or she goes to bed they realize they saved one if not two lives!!!!!!!!!! Whoever he is or she is, may God bless you!!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back