Foster Dad of 11 Wins 1 Million In Lottery

White Rain

Reaction score
How nice to see someone deserving of it win! I live in GA and have been wanting to buy one of those tickets as well, but I don't really have $20 to waste trying.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11521097/detail.html
ATLANTA -- Foster parent Gary Durham was one of 5 people to receive their winnings from the Georgia Lottery Wednesday afternoon.

Durham and his wife -- a Baptist minister -- have 11 children at home. All of the children came to the Durhams as foster children. Durham said they have now adopted three of the children.

Durham said he played Cash 3 regularly with his lucky birthday numbers and one day, he won $40. He used that $40 and used it to buy two $20 Georgia $500 Million Club tickets -- which he said he had always wanted to buy. One of those, was a $1 million winner.

"They're high-priced tickets. It did pay off, but I don't think I'm going to buy too many more of those," said Durham.

When asked what he planned to do with the money, he replied, "Take care of the wife and kids. And help support the church."

I love to see it, when someone so deserves it, wins!

Great story,
fran

I love to see it, when someone so deserves it, wins!

Great story,
fran

So do I, fran. I sure hope the lottery curse misses this guy!

How wonderful for the family, deserves to be in the News that makes you smile thread.

This is awesome news but I thought it was ironic when it was a Baptist Minister when I thought the Bible teaches you the lottery is wrong! It's my understanding my church won't even accept lottery money as a donation. It's tainted. But I am happy for him and the kids. :D

This is awesome news but I thought it was ironic when it was a Baptist Minister when I thought the Bible teaches you the lottery is wrong! It's my understanding my church won't even accept lottery money as a donation. It's tainted. But I am happy for him and the kids. :D

Sorry WhiteRain... I didn't mean to kill your thread. I'm good at that. I'm a serial thread killer. They should lock me up! :crazy: :behindbar

Some religions don't believe in a lot of things, doesn't mean everyone follows the rules :D

That money will help those 11 kids get a foothold in life. Education and the chance to give back in many good ways. The Lord usually knows what He is doing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back