Woman puts most all her belongings in eBay sale

kahskye

Inactive
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this so please feel free to move.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/09/ebay.sale.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (AP) -- Lisa Perry wants a fresh start. So she's decided to sell nearly all of her belongings in one massive auction on eBay.
Perry, 45, said the top bidder in the auction, ending Thursday, will get more than 300 items -- including snowshoes, a futon, a bed, a Village People album, seashells and more.
Perry is keeping just a few things: her dog, her cat, photo albums and some clothing.

Any Websleuths bidders?

Talk about a fresh start. Most of us have much more than we need. All I can say is good for her. I would love to see her get a decent amount of money for what she has.

Tuesday morning - She now has 64 bids from 31 bidders. The auction price is now $2335. Good luck to her!

Ugh this lady is my hero for the day! I have so much junk I should get rid of!

Tuesday morning - She now has 64 bids from 31 bidders. The auction price is now $2335. Good luck to her!

Give us a link...................

I think she pulled out!! She was getting a lot of negative posts on her auction. Several comments were left accusing her of attention seeking because she could have listed items seperatly and such. I had her listed in my auctions to watch and it disapeared. I started over again with the searches that got me to her auction in the first place - no luck.

Perry is back up! her auction item number on ebay is:320102331168. Seems she had to close out her first auction for some sort of listing violation. The auction is currently at $870.00, reserve not met, Buy it Now is set at $2000.00.

WOW, that is a lot of stuff... Maybe I should do that.. hum, sell all my stuff, start fresh, the have more stuff to sell ... hehe :crazy:

WOW, that is a lot of stuff... Maybe I should do that.. hum, sell all my stuff, start fresh, the have more stuff to sell ... hehe :crazy:

You can start with your clothes- lol

or shoes!

I'd bid on your tops- but I don't think they'd fit me lol lol

Sometimes I think about how nice that would be to do that..To start over! I have a pack-rat for a husband and sometimes I just cringe at all the 'junk' he makes us hold on to. He has this weight machine that reaches from floor to ceiling and takes up a whole room its ugly and huge and rusty and I would just love to destroy that thing but ooooooh nooooooo....:rolleyes:

The auction ended, at $800. with the reserve price not being met. She may have to hold an estate sale, or allow an auction company to pick it up.

I wonder if she would have gotten more cash if she'd listed seperately? I know there are charges for each listing, but it seems she would have had more success with the items individually?

I know there was stuff in there I'd consider bidding on, but there's no way I'd want it all. She's not the only one trying to declutter! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back