GA - Possible bomb at Jackson County school

angelwngs

Reaction score
It is being reported that a 14 year old male student entered the administrative offices in a Jackson County GA School with a Bomb strapped to his back.

Students were evacuated to the football field and remained there standing in the rain, until offiials, stormed the office and apprehended the 14 year old student.

No further details at this time...

MORE DETAILS: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11619142/...l=atl_12pm&ts=T&tmi=atl_12pm_1_11000204112007
Student With Explosive Device Forces School Evacuation
NOON UPDATE: Police confirm the student did have an explosive device strapped to
himself. Bomb squad members are working to defuse the device. 10:45 UPDATE: The student who claimed he had a bomb has surrendered. 10:30 UPDATE: Officials say the "situation is under control." All students have
been moved to the Jefferson Civic Center.
10:15 UPDATE: School officials confirm a student at the school claims he has an
explosive device.
BREAKING NEWS: Students at Jackson County high school in Jefferson have been
evacutated.

Thank you for posting the documented report, Christine!

What in Blue Blaze is going on in this world?I think I might go live on the moon.:crazy:

THANK YOU for posting this. I taught in a neighboring high school until June 2006! I have friends who teach in Jefferson; I'll have to check in with everybody tonight!

THANK YOU for posting this. I taught in a neighboring high school until June 2006! I have friends who teach in Jefferson; I'll have to check in with everybody tonight!

Hi Pandora, just wondered which county you taught in? I am in the next county over from Jackson, in Barrow County. I am very very sad and frightened to hear this, my kids are still in elementary but I am still scared for them because this kind of thing is happening too much, and too often.

oh great,, now the crazy schoolkids of this country are getting their ideas from the crazy muslims of the middle east. terrific.

What in Blue Blaze is going on in this world?I think I might go live on the moon.:crazy:

Can we come, too? ;)

I don't know what is going on in the world today. This craziness is everywhere!

Hi Pandora, just wondered which county you taught in? I am in the next county over from Jackson, in Barrow County. I am very very sad and frightened to hear this, my kids are still in elementary but I am still scared for them because this kind of thing is happening too much, and too often.

I was in Franklin County--at the high school. Everyone I know in Jackson Co. is fine, just REALLY shaken up. The attitude there (as in Franklin) was: not here--it'll never happen here. Due to the availability of weapons in NEGA, my philosophy was always why NOT here? :(

I was in Franklin County--at the high school. Everyone I know in Jackson Co. is fine, just REALLY shaken up. The attitude there (as in Franklin) was: not here--it'll never happen here. Due to the availability of weapons in NEGA, my philosophy was always why NOT here? :(

Bus Driver's window got shot out here a couple of years ago...

Principal was killed by student prior to that...

Georiga is no exception...Pan... I understand where you are coming from.

I no longer teach here... The system just quit working here... The student's well-being is no longer top priority... and I couldn't handle it any longer...:(

Bomb Threat Statham Elementary School, Barrow County, GA
Jackson and Barrow Counties border each other.

4/12/07

No busses being allowed to unload students...

Total Chaos... Pandemonium...

Insanity...

(Probably a 'spin-off/copy-cat' of yesterday's Jackson County Bomb "Incident"...

????????????????

This is CRAZY...

When will adults realize our children need more of us than we are offering...them....

Adiministration, teachers, parents, and everyone who gives a rip...better wake up!

Winder Barrow Middle School and Winder Barrow High School... Students... Not being Allowed now to Enter their schools either....

Chaos...........

Insanity.....

Pandemonium.....

Dear Lord in Heaven...

This is what an emergency looks like in our 'well grounded..." educational system!

Bus Drivers being told to not unload any students to both WB- MIDDLE AND WB-HIGH SCHOOL...

Students on bus... with no where to go...

????

What a wonderful implimentation of a non-existant Emergency Transportation Plan!

Every parking lot in town around high school is filled with students (who drive to school)who have no idea what to do or where to go...

Local radio station says..:

School System has now removed the 'lock down' and school is continuing today as 'normal'...

???

Yeah... right.

Parking lots still full....

Parents picking up children right and left at every school in county...

"normal"...

NOT

Chaos...

Yes.

As a former teacher, the problem seems to be that the 'left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing and both feet know nothing about either hand' until the crisis is out of hand and turns into a chaotic mess.

The administration, does not know what law enforcement is doing and vice versa.

The teachers and bus drivers are the last in this list to be informed.

Parents are not on the list until the crisis reaches the ears of the general public at which time it is aready beyond out of control and just adds to the panedmonium.

In this case, apparently a "customer" at a local Waffle House told an employee that they had just heard that there was a bomb in "one" of the Barrow County Schools.

This person calls 911. The 911 dispatcher calls every single individual school. Initially the administration at county office level is not in the loop, apparenty. All schools proceed with lock down proceedures. Top administrators are finaly contacted. Teachers in each school already have some students in classrooms and begin class as normal, knowing nothing about what is going on at this point...

People, please, know what your children's School System has in place as their Emergency Plan. Know what proceedural role Law Enforcement is to take in this plan and what and when they are to act and how....

As parents we can not assume that the people in charge of the safety and well-being of our children are indeed doing their jobs to insure the safety of our children. The reality is that on paper, systems cover their butts, but when crisis happens... the implementation of that plan is usually chaotic and terribly unsafe at best..........

Out of curiosity, how was the entire school system of this county able to search every school in the entire county between the time of 7:45 and 8:13 and determine that it was safe for all students to attend school as "normal"?

I recently pulled my child out of school to homeschool (this is our second try) because he was so miserable in the environment. It is really bad in some places. A lot of it is the children, not the school system...the parenting. More than not these kids are outta control! I just can't send him 'in' there anymore. He cried with relief, he was miserable going there everyday. It is very sad. Again, IMO, it starts at home, it's the parents, they have lost control over these kids, then what are the teachers to do??

Where was Fox News on this, they are usually right on top of these stories. Geez. I never heard a thing about this till now.

A 12-yr-old, 7th grade kid at my daughter's middle school brought a 9 mm automatic pistol capable of shooting many rounds without reloading (scary-looking thing in the newspaper photo, like nothing I'd ever seen in real life) to school right before Easter with the intent to kill 3 students after school. He didn't have ammo but may have had plans to get some somehow. He showed the gun to two kids at the bus stop that morning and thank God those kids went to the principal. The kid with the gun has been expelled, thank goodness, and is facing charges. He'll likely be in a youth detention center until he is 21.

JDB, I'm with you. The world is going to hell in a handbasket.

The PR person in administration is usually contacted by major news media soures to confirm a story prior to airing it.

When dollar signs are involved as are in every school system, reputation is very important, and the most dysfunctionally managed systems do NOT want the scrutiny of media looking through a microscope at them when mishandling a crisis.

In their eyes it is much 'better' (meaning more financially beneficial) to take the enormous chance in assuming that every 'crisis' is a 'prank' than to throughly examine and determine if they are real or not.

The education of the 'whole child', emotionaly, physically, socially and cognitively, most surely must begin and continue consistantly at home, but it is negligent for parents and concerned citizens to ASSUME that the system is doing their job to protect and assure the safety and
well-being of our children.

I KNOW. I worked for the SYSTEM.

The education of the 'whole child', emotionaly, physically, socially and cognitively, most surely must begin and continue consistantly at home, but it is negligent for parents and concerned citizens to ASSUME that the system is doing their job to protect and assure the safety and
well-being of our children.

You are exactly right! IMO, FWIW.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie