Recall: Listerine Agent Cool Blue Plaque Rinse

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
  1. How can I tell if I have purchased affected product?
    • All lots of AGENT COOL BLUE™ Plaque-Detecting Rinse are being recalled. Consumers can readily distinguish this product by the cartoon character on the front of the bottle.
  2. What should I do with the product I purchased?
    • Consumers should discontinue using any bottle of AGENT COOL BLUE™ Plaque-Detecting Rinse & properly dispose of the product.
(more at link) Faq's
http://www.agentcoolblue.com/
Press Release:
http://www.agentcoolblue.com/#anc-pressrelease

Thanks for posting this Taximom.
I hadn't even heard anything about it. Our youngest uses the Agent Cool Blue every morning.
I guess I can add this to the list of products, along with the Peter Pan peanut butter, we will be waiting on a refund for. What's next?

Thanks for posting this Taximom.
I hadn't even heard anything about it. Our youngest uses the Agent Cool Blue every morning.
I guess I can add this to the list of products, along with the Peter Pan peanut butter, we will be waiting on a refund for. What's next?

My son has been using it too. I've been feeding my Yorkie table food, I am afraid to eat peanut butter, Taco Bell is suddenly not appetizing, green onions still worry me, and I haven't eaten spinach since that scare. I don't remember stuff like this when I was growing up. (Boy did that make me sound old or what???)

My son has been using it too. I've been feeding my Yorkie table food, I am afraid to eat peanut butter, Taco Bell is suddenly not appetizing, green onions still worry me, and I haven't eaten spinach since that scare. I don't remember stuff like this when I was growing up. (Boy did that make me sound old or what???)
I know MIO, I guess it really dates us that we don't remember recalls growing up. How did we survive? I told one of the guys a few minutes ago that I'll just take everything back to the store and get my money back. It will all eventually be recalled anyway so, why not?

I know MIO, I guess it really dates us that we don't remember recalls growing up. How did we survive? I told one of the guys a few minutes ago that I'll just take everything back to the store and get my money back. It will all eventually be recalled anyway so, why not?

LOL!!! I was staying at my friend's beach house in Cape May last summer. My friend is a millionaire, but thrifty. She isn't out to impress. Anyway, I was making a sandwich and I went to the refrigerator for the mayo. I noticed it was kind of clumpy, so I looked at the date. It had expired 5 years ago!!! I brought it to her attention and she gave me the lecture on how when she was growing up (she's much older than I) there weren't expiration dates on anything! I said well that was fine then, but I wasn't eating that mayo and I chucked it in the garbage. I then went to the cupboard and got a new jar. Guess what? It was also 5 years old!!!! I used mustard instead. I don't think mustard ever spoils, does it?

LOL!!! I was staying at my friend's beach house in Cape May last summer. My friend is a millionaire, but thrifty. She isn't out to impress. Anyway, I was making a sandwich and I went to the refrigerator for the mayo. I noticed it was kind of clumpy, so I looked at the date. It had expired 5 years ago!!! I brought it to her attention and she gave me the lecture on how when she was growing up (she's much older than I) there weren't expiration dates on anything! I said well that was fine then, but I wasn't eating that mayo and I chucked it in the garbage. I then went to the cupboard and got a new jar. Guess what? It was also 5 years old!!!! I used mustard instead. I don't think mustard ever spoils, does it?

We had a neighbor that kept cans and jars of food in her basement storage area that were SO OLD. When she passed away the children told her that we could have anything we wanted from her basement, since they lived out of state and didn't want to cart anything back. She bought laundry soap and softener every time it went on sale, so she had about 50 each of those. We are still using those!

Anyway, we checked the food out and I just hope she wasn't eating any of it. Some of it was literally 8-10 yrs old at the time. :(

She lived a very thrifty lifestyle, but the family discovered she had lots of money in the bank after she died!

Back on topic: (lol) My kids use the cool blue stuff too. My son kept complaining about it feeling like "backwash" in his mouth (uh, whatever that feels like), but I thought he was nuts. I've sinced tossed it, thankful they didn't get sick from it.

My oldest daughter was using that contact lens solution that was recently recalled! She was having problems with her eyes when we heard, but fortunately it turned out to be unrelated. Whew.

Boy lots of recalls lately.. what are we going to recall next? hopefully not CHOCOLATE... hehe :eek: :D

I have a bottle on my desk right now. I've been calling the toll-free number all day to register for a refund and it's busy. Go figure.

Ok, call me stupid here, why? well probably because stupid is what stupid does.. hehe :D why are they recalling this? I did read the article but I didn't understand it.. :waitasec:

Boy lots of recalls lately.. what are we going to recall next? hopefully not CHOCOLATE... hehe :eek: :D

Oh no, don't say that!!! Chocolate is my 5 food groups, can't go even a day without it. Even if they do recall it, I will eat it anyway! At least I will die happy!!!:angel:

Ok, call me stupid here, why? well probably because stupid is what stupid does.. hehe :D why are they recalling this? I did read the article but I didn't understand it.. :waitasec:

There is not enough preservative in the product to kill any microorganisms that could be present.

Oh no, don't say that!!! Chocolate is my 5 food groups, can't go even a day without it. Even if they do recall it, I will eat it anyway! At least I will die happy!!!:angel:

I'm with you on that one, MIO... I eat chocolate EVERYDAY.. it's a must for when I have coffee... it's good for my body, soul and mind ... hehe :p

There is not enough preservative in the product to kill any microorganisms that could be present.

Oh.. ok.. I understand it now.. I think.. :waitasec: hehe Thanks lesleegp :p

Makes me glad I bought Biotene instead of the Agent Blue stuff last week. I'm still sick after the peanut butter issue. Life on this planet is tough haha

Makes me glad I bought Biotene instead of the Agent Blue stuff last week. I'm still sick after the peanut butter issue. Life on this planet is tough haha

Did you get sick from eating that contaminated pb, meowy? You poor thing!

I was sort of irritated when I heard the reason the pb was contaminated-leaky water pipes or ceiling etc (something like that). That's something that I would think should be quite obvious to the plant manager or the workers. :furious:

We got listeria once from bad hot dogs, even though I KNOW I cooked them to death. Two days into it, we heard about the recall on the news and sure enough (I found the wrapper in the garbage), we had the lucky lot number. Blech. Three of us thought we were going to die that week.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back