Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody, Part 2

Dr. Doogie

Reaction score
Here is a part 2 thread for Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody and/or Associates .

The other thread had gotten too long.

Just wondering if Sherlock contacted Madyln yet?

Just wondering if Sherlock contacted Madyln yet?

Madlyn is currently in a nursing home. We may have mssed our window of opportunity for getting any information from her. SherlockJr is exploring other family members for possible information.

According to death records for Margaret, she was born in NJ. However the town in PA where she lived before moving to CA was Doylestown in Bucks County.

Just to put things in geographic perspective, we live in New Jersey (Mercer County, bordering the Delaware River) and my wife had a doctor's appointment today in Doylestown, less than an hour away (Bucks County borders the other side of the river). Please let us know if there's any research we can do for you here; my wife and I are both reporters and are near Trenton, where a lot of state records are kept. Where was Margaret born?

Originally mistakenly posted on closed thread (Abduction by George Waters with George Brody, Part 1)

Any word on Madlyn's relatives? Anyone know anything yet? I have a really good angle I'd like to explore but it would be a waist of time if Madlyn is truly Brody's MK's sister.

Any word on Madlyn's relatives? Anyone know anything yet? I have a really good angle I'd like to explore but it would be a waist of time if Madlyn is truly Brody's MK's sister.

Actually, if Madlyn is our Margret's sister, then that may be an opportunity to gain information about Brody (which would be our main goal with this tact). I believe that MK and GB knew each other in PA and came to CA together. This means that MK's family may know GB's real name and history. (Is that enough initials to confuse everybody? OK!)

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but came to mind last night before I fell asleep.

Was Anna aware of who GW was? I remember reading he was not involved in her life after her parents split. Did she have pictures or was shown pictures of him, and would she have recognized him from pictures possibly willingly going off with him?

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but came to mind last night before I fell asleep.

Was Anna aware of who GW was? I remember reading he was not involved in her life after her parents split. Did she have pictures or was shown pictures of him, and would she have recognized him from pictures possibly willingly going off with him?
I don't believe she would have known who he was. There were pictures of him in albums somewhere about, but whether we ever discussed him in Anna's hearing I can't remember. She was a friendly little girl and had not been warned not to speak to strangers. Just this morning I drove out to Purisima canyon with two of my grandchildren who had not seen it, and they marveled at how far off the beaten track it seemed to them (city kids). They also loved coming back to town by the roller-coaster Higgins Canyon route their father and Anna took to and from school every day.

Annasmom: I came up dry for getting Pics of the Harbor back in 1972.I was told the the Harbormaster at Pillar point has some pics. But they have not responded to my e-mails. Sorry I tried.

Annasmom: I came up dry for getting Pics of the Harbor back in 1972.I was told the the Harbormaster at Pillar point has some pics. But they have not responded to my e-mails. Sorry I tried.
Thanks, JDB; it was a good thought and we may yet look into this.

I don't believe she would have known who he was. There were pictures of him in albums somewhere about, but whether we ever discussed him in Anna's hearing I can't remember. She was a friendly little girl and had not been warned not to speak to strangers. Just this morning I drove out to Purisima canyon with two of my grandchildren who had not seen it, and they marveled at how far off the beaten track it seemed to them (city kids). They also loved coming back to town by the roller-coaster Higgins Canyon route their father and Anna took to and from school every day.

Sort of off the subject (as we wait for the DNA results)Whether or not a child is warned not to speak to strangers, they probably would anyway.
This is an example of what happened 2 weeks ago when my mom, my daughter, and I went to the mall to see the Easter bunny:
We were in the children's play area at the mall so my daughter could run around. This little girl, who was about 5-6, joined in to play with my daughter...

Little girl: My name is J_______
My mom: Oh, thats my last name! I am Nancy and this is my granddaughter, Parker.
Little girl: Oh really? I can write down my phone number for you!
My mom: :eek: "Well you know thats probably not a good idea because you dont know me"

Fortunately, my mom is an elementary school teacher. She went up to the little girl's father and told him what had happened. He was shocked and said he had told her repeatedly not to talk to strangers and thanked my mom. When we were leaving, I looked over and saw her father giving her the 'talk' and she clearly felt so bad, she was crying and had her head buried in her father's arms. I felt bad but it needed to be done.

I've seen shows on tv where they would have an hidden camera and put a stranger (actor) near children and have them ask for help. Sadly a lot of those children went up to the stranger to help them regardless of whether they knew not to talk to strangers. Scary!

Sadly, Grace, that is true. I've always maintained that no child is any match for an adult bent on harming him or her, no matter how well prepared or how well educated the child is regarding "stranger-danger". I, too, saw that news segment where actors played child abductors and were able to entice an alarmingly high number of children to go with them, despite the fact that the kids had been taught not to speak to strangers. The parents were devastated as they sat nearby watching the experiment. I wasn't surprised at the results at all.

Regardless of how much we'd like to think that we can prevent our children from being abducted, there is no 100% guarantee that we can do so. Just look at poor Anna, who was abducted from her own back yard, out in the middle of nowhere. Not to mention poor Polly Klass, Elizabeth Smart or Jessica Lunsford. It's a really sad fact of life, unfortunately.

Prayers to all the child victims and their families.

12-2-05 by Annamom (cut and paste from original Anna Christian Waters thread. Post #140)
Originally Posted by laini
Does anyone know how and/or where George and Brody first met?laini
Annasmom reply:
Waters treated Brody's girl friend, who had an incurable tumor and subsequently died. Brody was in all probability living off this woman, who had a number of small businesses under (no surprise) several different names.

I've been searching past threads and came upon this information. Was this speculation by Annasmom, or is there indeed proof of aliases and businesses that Margaret Kukoda ran? Besides her possible Mary K business, what other names did she use and what business did she have?

Also, I was under the impression that George Waters never had a private practice and was mainly a Emergency room/clinic doctor. Why would he be treating a Cancer/tumor patient?

Actually, if Madlyn is our Margret's sister, then that may be an opportunity to gain information about Brody (which would be our main goal with this tact). I believe that MK and GB knew each other in PA and came to CA together. This means that MK's family may know GB's real name and history. (Is that enough initials to confuse everybody? OK!)

Right...I got ya there. :D What I was trying to say is, has any of these relatives of Madyln's been contacted yet? I have a few areas to explore in the event that Margaret Kukoda (child of Anthony and Esther and sister of Madlyn) is NOT Brodys MK. There is a great possibility she is, but a few things just arent right. Specifically her birth date. You would think being retired Navy, Registered Nurse, and Convict, with a valid Social Security Number that her birth date would have been correct on her death certificate, but it's not. If they are the same people the birth month should be March 1917(or maybe April) but the death cert says August 1917. Born & died on the exact same day 50 years later.

Right...I got ya there. :D What I was trying to say is, has any of these relatives of Madyln's been contacted yet? I have a few areas to explore in the event that Margaret Kukoda (child of Anthony and Esther and sister of Madlyn) is NOT Brodys MK. There is a great possibility she is, but a few things just arent right. Specifically her birth date. You would think being retired Navy, Registered Nurse, and Convict, with a valid Social Security Number that her birth date would have been correct on her death certificate, but it's not. If they are the same people the birth month should be March 1917(or maybe April) but the death cert says August 1917. Born & died on the exact same day 50 years later.

As far as the birthdate on the death certificate, you have to remember- GW most likely signed that certificate. It was probably completed in collaboration with GB. So an incorrect birth date on the death certificate could have been on purpose, inadvertent (maybe a date associated with one of the aliases), or simply a typo (that happens more than you would think.)

As far as the birthdate on the death certificate, you have to remember- GW most likely signed that certificate. It was probably completed in collaboration with GB. So an incorrect birth date on the death certificate could have been on purpose, inadvertent (maybe a date associated with one of the aliases), or simply a typo (that happens more than you would think.)
No, he would not have signed the death certificate, since she died at a public institution, Laguna Honda Hospital, where he was not her doctor.

12-2-05 by Annamom (cut and past from original Anna Christian Waters thread. Post #140
Originally Posted by laini
Does anyone know how and/or where George and Brody first met?laini
Annasmom reply:
Waters treated Brody's girl friend, who had an incurable tumor and subsequently died. Brody was in all probability living off this woman, who had a number of small businesses under (no surprise) several different names.

I've been searching past threads and came upon this information. Was this speculation by Annasmom, or is there indeed proof of aliases and businesses that Margaret Kukoda ran? Besides her possible Mary K business, what other names did she use and what business did she have?

Also, I was under the impression that George Waters never had a private practice and was mainly a Emergency room/clinic doctor. Why would he be treating a Cancer/tumor patient?

There was some research on Margaret's businesses and phone listings in the Box which LE now has, so I can't give you specifics. The only name I remember her using was Mary Kay. Doogie may remember more. GW had no business treating a cancer patient, but he was doing it privately, probably under instruction from Brody himself, and using (from what I recall) some quite unconventional therapies. Again, Doogie may remember more.

I was on Fisherman's Wharf today with my son and grandson, waiting on the sidewalk, when I did a double-take at a hawker who resembled George Brody. As I waited there, I was struck by how much this man's "act" and come-on resembled the ramblings of GB. I began to wonder if GB had come through some carnival circuit or something. Didn't they used to have boxers? And certainly they had con men. Any ideas?

I hate to say it, but maybe the person who filled out the death certificate started writing the death date in the birth state slot and was too lazy to change it when realizing the error. It wouldn't surprise me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back