Entertainer Don Ho is dead at age 76

Marthatex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I loved his smooth voice....

No, not Don Imus; DON HO the singer in Hawaii

And "Ho" is his name; he he kind of a sad coincidence, eh?

Along the lines of Tricia's article about the trash we watch on TV or listen to on the radio, what percentage of us even knows who DON HO was????

I saw Don once in Las Vegas and once in Hawaii. Both times were at least 25years ago. The only song that I can associate with him now is "Tiny Bubbles".

Rest in peace, Don.

I know who Don Ho was, I enjoyed watching him on tv as a child. RIP Don

VB

When I was about 6 years old, my neighbor lady taught hula lessons. My mom, in her infinite wisdom made me take them! LOL! I learned how to dance the hula to Tiny Bubbles. Every time I heard Don Ho's name, it brought back those memories.

RIP Don

I remember "Tiny Bubbles"!! Cute song. R.I.P. Don.

I remember Don Ho!!! (And not just because that's what we called our assistant principal, who was a dead ringer for, um, Mr. Ho.)
giggle, giggle

I think Tiny Bubbles was his most well known song. I can tell I am AGED, because of which entertainers I remember!

I liked his voice; I feel sad that I never got to hear him perform. The one time I went to Hawaii was to the Big Island.

I always feel a tinge of sadness when I hear of celebrities passing that I have known in my childhood,it reminds me of my own mortality,I guess.

I do remember Don Ho,but I must admit,I thought he was older,I was thinking he would have been in his 80's.

RIP Mr. Ho.

I always feel a tinge of sadness when I hear of celebrities passing that I have known in my childhood,it reminds me of my own mortality,I guess.

I do remember Don Ho,but I must admit,I thought he was older,I was thinking he would have been in his 80's.

RIP Mr. Ho.

I feel sad too, like a grew up in a "whole different time". I just read on MSNBC that Don Ho always joked to his audience, "I hate that song"
(tiny bubbles) It does get a little monotonous LOL.

Have you ever heard of IZ; he was a younger Hawaiian who sounded better even than Don HO, his Over the Rainbow was sung at the end of ER, when someone died. I have his CD.

Unfortunately IZ was really obese and died young not too many years ago.

My parents saw Don Ho perform when they met up in Hawaii in 1970, when my father was doing his second tour of duty in Vietnam. They always remembered those magical days together, and we grew up listening to the LP they brought back. What memories !
RIP Don Ho. You made my parents very happy .

I just saw this thread tonight. RIP Don. I thought "Tiny Bubbles" was a cute song. :)

:laugh: :laugh:
I loved his smooth voice....

No, not Don Imus; DON HO the singer in Hawaii

That was good, Marthatex. (Maybe HO means something good in Hawaiian?) :waitasec:

I remember him and the song. RIP Don.

I think I remember him from the "Brady Bunch Goes to Hawaii" episode. Or was that the Partridge Family? The Osmonds? Or was he on Hawaii 5-0? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back