Lithuania - Andrej Kurcinskij, 12, & Rimas Cironka, 14, Vilnius, 12 May 1997

My memory of this is hazy, but I seem to recall talk of small Eastern European children being abducted for black-market adoption in the West around this time. However, at 12 and 14, Andrej and Rimas would be far too old for that even if such an adoption ring existed.

I was thinking that one of the only ways they could have disappeared this way is if they were abducted by the same person or by someone who worked with the abductor. They could have ended up the same way as Johnny Gosch

Could be, or they could be runaways as well. There isn't much info to go on. Rampant criminality in former USSR countries was even worse during the 1990's than it is now, a lot bad things could happen to a child without police giving it much attention.

Did these two boys disappear together or separately? It sort of reminds me of the disappearances of two other boys, Clifford Sherwood and Georges Gumbley of Verdun, Quebec in 1954. They were together when they disappeared. The theory is Cliffords' father abducted them, but nobody really knows. Very weird story.

I don't see how these two MP's couldn't be related. Two boys, one 12 and the other 14, went missing from the same town on the same day.

According to this article, the boys did disappear together. More than that, in fact -- they were cousins. Their mothers were sisters and lived in the same apartment. They specifically went missing from the Vilnius Old Town.
The children's disappearances were noted right away by their parents. They say the police weren't very helpful and refused to start the search until the boys had been missing for three days (!) because they figured they were runaways and would come back on their own. The boys' parents searched for them intensely for years; Andrej's parents spent a lot of money consulting with psychics and even went abroad to look, but neither of the boys could ever be found.
Andrej's mother, Natalija Kurčinskaja, is now the director a support center for families of missing people in Vilnius. If I find any other articles with more info, I will share them here when I get a chance.

Oh how very tragic. Imagine being their parents and LE isn't helping immediately or taking it seriously enough. They were young vulnerable children, despite being young "teens." Law enforcement everywhere should have taken these types of cases more seriously. My opinions.

Bumping up for these boys.
Can anyone access Rimas' page at Doe Network? It seems to be down for me.

I also note Andrej's page has a photo of him, and the link for his page works for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back