The Doe Network, Part 2: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionRun

Former Member
Reaction score
PrincessBlue1.jpg
These are both sketches of Princess Blue. Please note that no one knows her what her hair color, eye color, or skin tone was. Focusing on her facial structure and imagining her with any hair color, eye color, and skin tone may help bring back memories of who she was. Princess Blue may have been White (aka Caucasian) with the possibility of mixed race ancestry.

PrincessBlueupdatedpic.jpg

This is part two of a thread called, The Doe Network" at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48232

The Doe Network:
Case File 137UFTX

137UFTX.jpg
Please Note: She is now being described as, "White" on the TX dps site. This has recently been changed. It is a possibility that she was White with the possibility of mixed race ancestry.
Victim's Ring
Unidentified White / Hispanic Female

• The victim was discovered on September 10, 1990 in Brazoria County, Texas.
  • Estimated Date of Death: 6 months - 1 year
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 16 - 22 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 4'10" - 5'2"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: The victim possibly had a tumor on her knee.
  • Dentals: Dental information available
  • DNA: IN CODIS
  • Jewelry: A gold band with 6 clear stones, 2 thin silver bands, a silver band with a scroll design, a Robert E. Lee High School ring (1975), a silver ring with a turquoise unicorn and a pearl-beaded bracelet.
137UFTX1.jpg
137UFTX2.jpg

Victim's Rings
Case History
The victim was located on a pile of debris at the end of a Brazoria County road on September 10, 1990
The skeleton was found by an Alvin man who had pulled off the highway to find a place to urinate. He stepped behind a barricade and saw a skull in an old tire.
Authorities beleive the rings are the clue to solving the case. Three rings were on the skeleton's fingers. One was silver with a scroll design, another had a turquoise unicorn on it. But investigators think the 1975 Lee High School ring probably has the best chance of leading to her identity. A jeweler told investigators the ring was a size 9 1/2 and had been resized twice. The person it fit was probably about 175 pounds. She would have been far too young for the 1975 class ring to be hers. It could have been given to her by an aunt, an older sister, by anybody.
The company that made Lee High School's rings doesn't have records from 1975. The Lee class of 1975 probably had about 150 girls. Authorities would like to hear from any of the girls who lost a ring or gave it to somebody else. An ornate "L" inlaid in the blue stone could have stood for the owner's last name or for Lee High School.
No traces of drugs were found in the bone marrow.

Manvel, Texas
Manvel Police Department
POC: Jay Coffman - 281-489-1212
Saturday, September 2, 2006

Ring is top clue in cold case

Teens Remains were found along Brazoria County road in 1990

By: Richard Stewart (richard.stewart@chron.com), Houston Chronicle

ANGLETON, TEXAS - A well-worn ring from the 1975 class of Houston's Robert E. Lee High School is the main evidence police have to try to unravel a 16-year-old mystery. It was found on the finger of a skeleton at the end of a Brazoria County road in 1990.

"It's not much to go on," said Manvel police Detective Jay Coffman, "but it's about all we've got."

In the nine years since the remains were found, investigators have not been able to tell what happened to the female victim, how she got to be on a pile of debris or, more importantly, who she was.

"Somebody's missing this girl," Coffman said, holding the ring. Somebody is missing the ring, too, he said, because he doubts it originally belonged to the victim.

A medical examiner's report estimated that the skeleton found on September 10, 1990, was that of a girl about 17 years old, plus or minus two years, Coffman said. She would have been far too young for the 1975 class ring to be hers.

(Please Note: Princess Blue's time of death has recently been changed from between 6 months to 1 year prior to being found on September 10th, 1990 to, "Unknown." Therefore, it is possible that the ring did originally belong to her. I am currently trying to work this possibility out with the fact that it was reported that bone marrow was taken from at least one of her bones for drug testing. I don't know how there would have been viable bone marrow left in 1990 if she had been killed years before in the mid 70's. Please look for updated information on this in future posts).

"It could have been given to her by an aunt, an older sisters, by anybody," Coffman said.

Richard Rosser, an investigator with the Brazoria County Sheriff's Department, is working with Coffman to solve the mystery.

"Back then, Brazoria County was a dumping ground for bodies of people killed in Houston," Rosser said. "It seemed like we had at least one a month."

The skeleton was found by an Alvin man who had pulled off the highway to find a place to urinate. He told investigators that he stepped behind a barricade and saw a skull in an old tire.

Investigators have no clues as to how she died. No traces of drugs were found in the bone marrow. Medical examiners estimated she had been dead six months to a year.

The victim was about 5 feet tall, plus or minus 2 inches. Medical examiners said the skeleton was probably that of a Hispanic female.

Investigators looked at dozens of different reports of missing teenage girls, but none seemed to match the skeleton.

Three rings were on the skeleton's fingers. One was silver with a scroll design, another had a turquoise unicorn on it. But investigators think the 1975 Lee High School ring probably has the best chance of leading to her identity.

A jeweler recently told investigators the ring was a size 91/2 and had been resized twice. The person it fit was probably about 175 pounds. [Please Note: The TX dps site has changed her weight to, "unknown". A forensic pathologist was not used to help determine her weight. Going by just the ring size would not necessarily be accurate]

An ornate "L" inlaid in the blue stone could have stood for the owner's last name or for Lee High School. The company that made Lee High School's rings doesn't have records from 1975, Rosser said.

The Lee class of 1975 probably had about 150 girls, Rosser said. He would like to hear from any of them who lost a ring or gave it to somebody else. The skeleton is now at the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Forth Worth. That facility operates the Texas Missing Persons DNA Database, which, in turn, feeds information about missing persons to the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), operated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

If investigators get new leads, they can try to test the DNA of relatives to identify her.

"We would at least have a name," Coffman said.

Anyone with information about this case can contact Manvel Police Detective Jay Coffman at 281-489-1212 or e-mail him at jcoffman@manvelpd.org.

Draft of the letter to Alumni. Need feedback and suggestions.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddjrtkt5_2chz54x

Hi Jaded. The TOD has recently been changed from 6 mo.-1 yr to unknown. Perhaps we may want to reflect that in the letter.

Also, her race has been changed from White/Hispanic to White. Perhaps we could describe her as possibly being White or White/Hispanic. And, we may want to note that we have no idea what her hair and eye color could have been. I'd hate for someone to not say anything about a blond haired girl that went missing because they are under the impression that Princess had dark hair and was Hispanic.

In addition, her weight is unknown and the TX dps site reflects that, for her weight was changed to, "unknown." Unfortunately, LE initially went only by the ring size and never had an a forensic anthropologist examine her.

I might want to put the additional, little pic in there because there are differences between the two pics. In the little one her lips are not puckered and her face is narrower. Someone could recognize her from either pic even though the one showing her with long hair looks nicer.

I hope it is okay that I made several suggestions. I know that we want to include as much info in the letter and have it be as accurate as possible for the best possible results.

Lion

I've changed the information. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. I'll also include the smaller picture of her with short hair.

Check it out now. As always, feel free to interject and offer suggestions. We want this as concise as possible. Thanks again. You guys rock!!

Nothing serious but maybe under where it says Physical Description you could take out the Princess Doe and put Princess Blue to keep that consistant throughout the letter? Thank you so much for what you are doing. It's looking great.

Check it out now. As always, feel free to interject and offer suggestions. We want this as concise as possible. Thanks again. You guys rock!!

I have a question...Since dentals are available for Princess Blue how do we find out if she had any dental work done? Were her teeth in good repair, did she have fillings, etc or was her teeth in bad condition with no work done to them and perhaps decayed?

I have a question...Since dentals are available for Princess Blue how do we find out if she had any dental work done? Were her teeth in good repair, did she have fillings, etc or was her teeth in bad condition with no work done to them and perhaps decayed?

That is a very good question. That could possibly help us. Sgt. Coffman never replied to my last 2 emails, and I don't expect that he will at this point. But, I really think it could help us with any preliminary matches. So, I wonder how we could find out. if we get a list of, "must know in order to proceed" questions perhaps I can call him just once with several important questions.

I was just thinking. I know that they have dental info available. But, if some of her teeth fell out over time due to decomposition, there may be limited dental info. But, even that might help us.

Lion

Nothing serious but maybe under where it says Physical Description you could take out the Princess Doe and put Princess Blue to keep that consistant throughout the letter? Thank you so much for what you are doing. It's looking great.

Good catch! I've made the suggested changes.

Could someone post a link at skm re: search sites that you use. I know about zabasearch, but if there are others out there that would be useful, I'd love to have them.

I'm going to be up all night. I'm trying to stick to my work schedule on my days off, and since there is nothing on tv that late, I'm going to use the time to do research on this case.

You think the ME would give us info? LOL Wishful thinking on my part. If it says dentals are available does that mean that they could compare those to other dental records to find out an identity?

That is a very good question. That could possibly help us. Sgt. Coffman never replied to my last 2 emails, and I don't expect that he will at this point. But, I really think it could help us with any preliminary matches. So, I wonder how we could find out. if we get a list of, "must know in order to proceed" questions perhaps I can call him just once with several important questions.

I was just thinking. I know that they have dental info available. But, if some of her teeth fell out over time due to decomposition, there may be limited dental info. But, even that might help us.

Lion

Good catch! I've made the suggested changes.

Could someone post a link at skm re: search sites that you use. I know about zabasearch, but if there are others out there that would be useful, I'd love to have them.

I'm going to be up all night. I'm trying to stick to my work schedule on my days off, and since there is nothing on tv that late, I'm going to use the time to do research on this case.

Jaded, where do we post links for searches? Should we start a thread specifically for search links perhaps in the main forum? Then it could help us with all searches.

Lion

That sounds like a good idea Lion.

Jaded, where do we post links for searches? Should we start a thread specifically for search links perhaps in the main forum? Then it could help us with all searches.

Lion

You think the ME would give us info? LOL Wishful thinking on my part. If it says dentals are available does that mean that they could compare those to other dental records to find out an identity?

The ME would need to look up her records, if he/she has them, and read through it. I want to be careful about calling LE or ME too often, with one or two questions at a time. They get many calls each day, and I want to be efficient because of this. Since we don't need the info just yet, I am thinking we may want to save up any important questions for one phone call.

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member