Fruity cocktails count as health food, study finds

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/diet.fitness/04/20/nutrition.cocktails.reut/index.html
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- A fruity cocktail may not only be fun to drink but may count as health food, U.S. and Thai researchers say.
Adding ethanol -- the type of alcohol found in rum, vodka, tequila and other spirits -- boosted the antioxidant nutrients in strawberries and blackberries, the researchers found.
Any colored fruit might be made even more healthful with the addition of a splash of alcohol, they report in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. (more at link)

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/diet.fitness/04/20/nutrition.cocktails.reut/index.html
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- A fruity cocktail may not only be fun to drink but may count as health food, U.S. and Thai researchers say.
Adding ethanol -- the type of alcohol found in rum, vodka, tequila and other spirits -- boosted the antioxidant nutrients in strawberries and blackberries, the researchers found.
Any colored fruit might be made even more healthful with the addition of a splash of alcohol, they report in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. (more at link)

LOL! That's hilarious....now if only they'd say the same thing about brownies...

When I'm with my friends, I always point to my Absolut and cranberry as proof that I'm a health-nut. Now I have back-up!

They like to point at my two packs of smokes I always take when I go to a bar as proof of otherwise

Silly friends. :D

:laugh:

When I'm with my friends, I always point to my Absolut and cranberry as proof that I'm a health-nut. Now I have back-up!

They like to point at my two packs of smokes I always take when I go to a bar as proof of otherwise

Silly friends. :D

My friend drinks this, too. His wife has been trying to get him to eliminate or reduce his two cocktails a night. Now, he'll have proof that he is doing it for his health!! :)

My friend drinks this, too. His wife has been trying to get him to eliminate or reduce his two cocktails a night. Now, he'll have proof that he is doing it for his health!! :)

Well... let's just say I went on a "health kick" Saturday night. Took most of Sunday to get over it! :eek:

:D :D

Well... let's just say I went on a "health kick" Saturday night. Took most of Sunday to get over it! :eek:

:D :D

I drank vodka, cranberry with a splash of lime or a wedge of lime (Cape Cods) for years. I recently switched to Cosmopolitans, which also have the same ingredients along with Triple Sec. They're also stronger. I absolutely love them!!

I don't drink too often these days because it takes me longer to recover!! ;)

I drank vodka, cranberry with a splash of lime or a wedge of lime (Cape Cods) for years. I recently switched to Cosmopolitans, which also have the same ingredients along with Triple Sec. They're also stronger. I absolutely love them!!

I don't drink too often these days because it takes me longer to recover!! ;)

Cape Cods are good. I also like vodka, cranberry and a heavy splash of peach schnapps. Mmmm...

But I can't party like I used to. One good night out, and I feel pretty rough for the next day or so! :blushing:

Dear Taximom,:blowkiss:

Thank-you for posting this.:) :)
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members