NY - Bronx Girl, 5, Found Hanging From Closet

When I read the headline, I thought this was a tragic accident. So heartbreaking that it was a sex crime. Peace and prayers to this young girl's family.

Why don't they just go ahead and arrest the mother's boyfriend. I'm assuming that's who did it, although the article doesn't mention her having one. Call me cynical today.

Why don't they just go ahead and arrest the mother's boyfriend. I'm assuming that's who did it, although the article doesn't mention her having one. Call me cynical today.

I'm with you. Just that kind of day.

4:1 odds on a boyfriend or estranged husband.

What gets me is that there were some inconsistencies in the grandma and mom's statements over who had access to the apartment. Poor little girl, obviously not being supervised if she was raped and strangled w/ her own jump rope. How could no one hear her cries?

When I read the headline, I thought this was a tragic accident. So heartbreaking that it was a sex crime. Peace and prayers to this young girl's family.

I re-read the article and it said it did not appear that the child had been sexually assaulted. Did I miss something?? Thanks

I re-read the article and it said it did not appear that the child had been sexually assaulted. Did I miss something?? Thanks

So sorry! I must have misread. Is it possible we all did? Or did they correct a typo?

No, you are absolutely correct - I read it to say she HAD been sexually assaulted, when in fact it said HAD NOT. Must be my lazy eyes again! :)

She wasn't sexually molested, apparently.

1010 WINS article said:
Police sources are now saying it does not appear that the child was sexually assaulted.

I too thought I had read that she had been molested, now it's reading, "Police sources are now saying it does not appear that the child was sexually assaulted." I don't know if it was my mistake, or the article was corrected.

The audio on that link still says there may have been sexual abuse, but the article says not so.

How horrible for that little girl. Surely this can't be an accident.

She has the sweetest little face. May she rest in peace.

There are a lot of different versions to this story. I am confused...

Just look at the sweet little face of Monique "Monet" Fulgham at this link:
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=5235380

"But as police search for clues, there are several unanswered questions, such as who had access to the apartment? Police say the mother and grandmother were not home during the attack but gave police conflicting information."

"Several other children live inside of the apartment, apparently four siblings and several cousins. ACS has come in and removed some of the children from the home."

Ok, if mom and grandmother were not home, who was in charge of watching this precious child? The link mentions several children living inside the apartment, including siblings and cousins. Could this have possibly been an accident done by one of the other children? I think all of these children need to be questioned.

Yesterday's NY Daily News reported she had been raped. Yesterday's NY Post said that they still had not determined whether she had been raped.
According to today's paper, they seem to think it was an accident. It looks like she was jump roping between her bed and her closet and the rope got caught on the top of the closet, and she someone got stranged in the process. They are doing tests today with a doll and a jumprope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back