Identified! CA - Castro Valley, Unidentified Female, 1991 - Vicenta Sanchez-Orellana

outofthedark

Lyle Stevik's FB Hostess
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The Doe Network:
Case File 573UFCA

Unidentified White Female
  • The victim was discovered on January 27, 1991 in Castro Valley, Alameda County, California
  • Estimated Date of Death: within 24 hours
  • Cause of Death: She had been beaten severely, doused with a flammable liquid and set on fire.

Vital Statistics
  • Estimated age: 19-35 years old - possibly younger
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 1" - 5' 3".
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair. her toenails were partially painted pink.
  • Dentals: Her teeth were very well maintained.
  • Clothing: She wore two pairs of socks — one pink, the other blue and white; her shoe size was 8 to 8 1/2; she wore Voit sneakers; a short skirt over her jeans; a jacket with an Asian motif that was custom-made in Berkeley, California.
  • Jewelry: On the middle finger of her left hand was a ring with a ridged pattern, and on the inside of the band were the initials "O.M.O."
  • Fingerprints: Available
  • DNA: Not Available

Case History
The victim was located on Palomares Road slung over a rock in Castro Valley, California on January 27, 1991.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Alameda County Sheriff's Department
Detective Chicone
510-667-3123

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
91-1281

NCIC Number:
N/A

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
NBC11.com 4/2/07

http://doenetwork.org/cases/573ufca.html

Hi, I was wondering if this was related to your Stevik research in some way? I ask because this Doe was found in an area in which I grew up, and still have friends and family in this direct location and yet have never heard of this case. I left the area in the late 1970's but still visit regularly, and know it very well. As a child, I remember people finding bones, as well as bodies from car accidents in this canyon, but I thought that all had been identified. Do you know anything further about this case? I am certainly interested in helping solve it, and can ask folks in the direct area about it. Wow, what a shocker to me, never heard of this one...hmmm....time for some research on my part, let me know what about this case has any research links for you.

Hi, I was wondering if this was related to your Stevik research in some way? I ask because this Doe was found in an area in which I grew up, and still have friends and family in this direct location and yet have never heard of this case. I left the area in the late 1970's but still visit regularly, and know it very well. As a child, I remember people finding bones, as well as bodies from car accidents in this canyon, but I thought that all had been identified. Do you know anything further about this case? I am certainly interested in helping solve it, and can ask folks in the direct area about it. Wow, what a shocker to me, never heard of this one...hmmm....time for some research on my part, let me know what about this case has any research links for you.

I don't really know anything further about this case- I only found out about it when I checked the Doe Network for updates. I'm thinking what might help ID her is the jacket or her ring. It's not related to my Lyle Stevik research, but thanks for asking

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/392dfca.html

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300944W looks like this girl would of been looked into already, but just incase..

Debra Lee McCoy
[SIZE=+0]Missing since January 24, 1991 from San Jacinto, Riverside County, California.
[SIZE=+0]Classification: Endangered Missing [/SIZE]

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: October 30, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 30 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Light brown hair; brown eyes.
Tattoos: She has a tattoo of a Peacock on the inside of her left ankle and a tattoo of Mountain peaks on the left shoulder.
Clothing: Long sleeved white shirt, jeans, sandals
[/SIZE]

I know this area too, I was born and raised there.

In the mid-1980s there was thought to be a serial killer in the area, several young women were killed and one was dumped in that same area. I wonder if this person was another one of the victims.

Here are a few links about Robert Rhoades, the person many believe is responsible for these disappearances.

http://www.ktvu.com/deathrow/13326197/detail.html

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/10/BAG5BP5I4I1.DTL&hw=Oakland+'84+rape+slaying+case+to+go+to+jury&sn=002&sc=705

https://coldhit.doj.ca.gov/dna/news4.htm

(I had nothing to do with the identifying, although I did work with the sheriff on it briefly) my last post made it sound like I solved it, LOL, I did not, they did!

(I had nothing to do with the identifying, although I did work with the sheriff on it briefly) my last post made it sound like I solved it, LOL, I did not, they did!

You still helped and should be commended for that. Her family appreciates your effort I would bet. 17 years is a long time.

I'm glad she's been identified. Now we need an arrest. How sad for her children.

I'm glad she has been identified and her family can have some closure. I sure hope they catch the killer, although it's pretty evident who did it being that her husband never even reported her missing to the police. That's JMO.

I'm glad she's been identified. I hope now that they can find justice for her.

You're awesome InterestedNHelping, for your dedication to working on helping on identifying her. :blowkiss:

So her husband never reported her missing...hmmm...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back