IL - Quinton, 14, & Marquise Jackson, 12, murdered, sister raped, 26 April 2007

Those poor kids! I see that he was not living in the home and that the mother had only been dating him for a few weeks.

I agree...when will they see that predators should be kept in prison? This is from your link:

Gilbert was convicted in 1998 of the predatory criminal sexual assault of one of his family members, Shields said.

That should have been enough to keep him in prison forever, imo.

I don't believe he was an ex when this happened. Hopefully he is an ex boyfriend of hers now.

She must have been aware he had problems because she became alarmed when she saw him outside the apartment. If they had only been dating a few weeks, it was not his place to discipline the children anyway. What would make him think that after a few weeks of dating he would have the rights of a father. When will women ever learn that they need to know the men they date before they ever bring them around children?

She may have just been surprised to see him there when he knew she was at work....or maybe she did have some suspicions.

It seems like we hear of one of these cases every week..women do need to be very careful who they let around their children.

He also raped and assaulted the 13 year old sister.. she was able to escape half naked and ran to a gas station for help.

She must have been aware he had problems because she became alarmed when she saw him outside the apartment. If they had only been dating a few weeks, it was not his place to discipline the children anyway. What would make him think that after a few weeks of dating he would have the rights of a father. When will women ever learn that they need to know the men they date before they ever bring them around children?

That is what I was thinking! I have a friend who is a single mom and she won't introduce her kids to a potention or new boyfriend for a good couple of months.

I actually got a background check on one guy I dated prior to meeting my husband. Something just didn't feel right about him. I am glad to this day that I followed my feeling. He had been accused and convicted of having sex with someone under the age of 13. He was 23. I dropped him very fast. He seemed very surprised that I went through all that just to make sure before I would let him near my daughter.

That is what I was thinking! I have a friend who is a single mom and she won't introduce her kids to a potention or new boyfriend for a good couple of months.

I wish our renter had this rule. She has 3 children under 6, and averages about 1 new BF per month. All of which is totally fine.

BUT - I get extremely creeped out when the men are sleeping over, night after night, and her kids are home with her. I keep thinking of the FL girl (Amanda Brown?) whose mom brought home a man from a bar, and in the middle of the night he took her daughter and the little girl's body has never been found. And there was the time when the boyfriend took care of the kids for an hour, and she'd only been dating him for a few days... This isn't a young woman, either - she's twice divorced, 36 years old, has a job, fairly middle-class, active and supportive grandparents and ex-husband.

Anyway, under her lease, I can't do anything unless there's a certain number of consecutive nights. I just hope nothing ever happens, b/c I will feel so bad.

Is the gene pool so diluted that there is no one else for these women to choose from, or has society so desensitized these women that they can't use their God-given intuition to sense that these guys are bad news? The sad, sad, thing about this story is that the little girl has to live with having been raped, and with having lost both of her brothers to a brutal murder. Sick, sick, sick. I hate evil, and wish I could do more to combat it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back