Condom Found In McDonald's Happy Meal

White Rain

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,268697,00.html

WELLINGTON, New Zealand — A grandmother was alarmed to find a condom in a happy meal gift pack bought for her 7-year-old granddaughter at a McDonald's (MCD) restaurant in New Zealand, local media reported Thursday.
The condom was discovered Tuesday night in a bag that came with Maia Whitaker's meal, which her grandparents bought at a McDonald's outlet in the city of Wellington.
Grandpa Rowan Hutch told The Dominion Post newspaper it was lucky his wife was first to look inside the small sports bag that came with the meal.
She was aghast when she found the green condom and its packet inside the bag, he said.
"I was pretty horrified really. The fact my granddaughter was going to look in the bag and find this thing. It would be difficult to explain, she's only seven," said Hutch.
The outlet quickly swapped the happy meal for a hamburger and pencil case. McDonald's is investigating the find.
Spokeswoman Joanna Redfern-Hardisty said because of its popularity, the previous happy meal gift had sold out at the outlet and prepackaged sports bags were substituted as children's gifts.
One was left unsealed for display purposes and "somehow" had ended up with the customer, she said, without explaining why the condom was present.

Sounds like this was still in the wrapper and "clean." I was picturing an unopened or used one - that would have been bad!!

Not that I think this is good, but it could have been worse.

Lots of teens work at McD's and someone probably just pulled a tasteless joke.

I got the impression the condom was outside of the packet, but unused.

I am sure it was a silly prank, but i would be really upset. My son would have probably thought it was a cool balloon!

I knew there was a reason I took my kids toys out before they started eating! Okay, I'll admit it...I take them out to play with them first, but now I can honestly say "Honey it is for your own protection!" (sorry out the protection joke, I know bad taste!):slap:

Sounds like this was still in the wrapper and "clean." I was picturing an unopened or used one - that would have been bad!!

Not that I think this is good, but it could have been worse.

Lots of teens work at McD's and someone probably just pulled a tasteless joke.

Agreed - and a 7 year old???? How would you explain that to a 7 year old?Well I think that would be pretty easy to explain; you could make up something pretty easy to tell a 7 year old. No biggie, IMO.

We're going to meet friends for dinner at McDonalds tonight! Gah!

It's never too early to start teaching our children about safe sex. </sarcasm>

I kept skipping this because I didn't wanna get sick, thinking it was a used one!
This wouldn't have bothered me other than that my daughter probably would have been mad because she didn't get toy so-and-so. :D I think it would be pretty easy to weasel an explanation for a young-un about this, or if you want to be honest - why not?

My husband used to work at a fast-food restaurant, back in his college days. He cut his finger at work once, and after putting a bandage on it, they covered it with a tiny rubber "condom," which was standard practice there. Well, he went about his business, making sandwiches and selling them. A little later on, an irate woman came in claiming she found a condom in her sandwich. Turns out it was my husband's finger condom (which is still gross to find in your sandwich). It had fallen off, and he'd never noticed it was gone. As it was so tiny, we couldn't figure out why she would think it was an actual condom, but she did.

:laugh: :laugh:
As it was so tiny, we couldn't figure out why she would think it was an actual condom, but she did.
Says something about her husband there, doesn't it? :D

I got the impression the condom was outside of the packet, but unused.

I am sure it was a silly prank, but i would be really upset. My son would have probably thought it was a cool balloon!

They make fanastic water balloons! They get huge and make a great splat when you throw them up on the roof. Daddys tend to get mad, though, when they get home from work and see a couple dozen of them up there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back