KS - Alex & Jennifer Wood for starving 6 & 7yo girls, Wichita, 2006

cathieq

Reaction score
Police found two young girls in a basement Friday who were so emaciated that an officer compared them to Nazi death camp survivors.

Their two step-siblings were upstairs with their mother, healthy and well fed.

Acting on a tip, state social workers stopped by the house Friday to check on the welfare of the children in the 1500 block of South Wichita. They then notified the police...
http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/15094537.htm

It said in the article that the girls were fed when their dad was home...You can't tell me he didn't know what was going on. He had to have noticed how skinny they were....

of course he knew..that is so sick. These poor little Cinderella's:(

How could anyone treat innocent children like this? There is a special place in hell for this mother and the girls' father. I am always interested in seeing pictures of the parents because they are usually big, fat pigs who haven't missed a meal.

This is the classic evil stepmother and a father who won't intervene on his own children's account. I would like to hear his explanation...this has been going on for a long time so he had to be aware.

A bit like the Dave Pelzer case I expect when the father knew but it was 'easier' for him to turn a blind eye to escape the wrath of 'Mum' himself!

A doctor told police that it looked like they hadn't eaten in six days or had anything to drink in three -- days on which the high temperatures hit 108, 108 and 109.

Nothing to drink either?

this is attempted murder, IMO.

those poor, poor babies.

lock the perps up and throw away the key! :behindbar :behindbar

missacorah said:
A bit like the Dave Pelzer case I expect when the father knew but it was 'easier' for him to turn a blind eye to escape the wrath of 'Mum' himself!

weak, miserable, bar steward! :loser: :loser: :loser:

it is unfortunate, due to protecting the girls, the names of these 'parents' can't be plastered all over the media! :behindbar :behindbar

This so called mum is a monster and the dad is not much better:mad:

Just reading about this other case, I came across the following:

July 17, 2006
SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A 37-year-old man who starved to death his 9-week-old son made an emotional plea for mercy before he was sentenced Monday to as many as 12 years in state prison.
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...jul17,0,672896.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyorkhttp://tinyurl.com/lbo5o

After spending almost two years in jail, a mother who pleaded guilty to starving her 3-month-old son to death was set to be released from custody Friday to begin a sentence of two years of house arrest followed by 12 years' probation.

The emaciated body of Katrina
Ferguson's son was found buried in a field near her Lauderdale Lakes apartment in March 2004. The child, Trinaud Robinson, weighed 2 pounds less than his birth weight of 7 pounds, 2 ounces. Ferguson told police the baby slept a lot and she sometimes skipped feedings.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...5jul15,0,5420345.story?coll=sfla-news-browardhttp://tinyurl.com/p3odk

ROANOKE, Va. (AP) - A woman received an 11-year prison sentence Friday for allowing her newborn son to slowly starve to death during his three-month life. Tiffany Shantele Spears, 27, was convicted of felony murder in the death of Westley Richardson, who died in May from chronic starvation, and the neglect of his twin sister and older brother, who also went hungry for days.

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=843351

And then there’s the case of Devontate Williams and so many others. They knowingly starved these children and knew full well what the outcome would be - death. It's only fair all of them should receive the same.

I start to feel guilty if my dog hasnt been fed at his usual feeding time.How anyone could starve a child is beyond me...its a very cruel and unusual punishment.

dingo said:
I start to feel guilty if my dog hasnt been fed at his usual feeding time.How anyone could starve a child is beyond me...its a very cruel and unusual punishment.
Isn't that the truth! My Lab can just give me a look and I know he wants to eat. He doesn't know what hunger really is. To think of these poor little children waiting and waiting for their next meal just sickens me. I just pray they gain their weight and strength back and find some loving parents to adopt them and give them a healthy, loving life that they so deserve.

This is the most horrific story lately. The father is in denial. I hate denial...it devalues you every step of the way. These girls were subject to whatever abuses could be thrown their way.

And, they were abused. No matter what parent or step-parent shows up at the door. The intention was to harm these children and gain control. They were pawns in other abusive situations.

I hope that someone takes the bull by the horns and makes sure these children have a chance at life. A good chance.The chance to change a cycle and be who you want to be.

The original article says the father will be interrogated. Interrogated? He ought to be starved! As for his wife...I surely do hope there is a special place for people such as this one.

kahskye said:
Isn't that the truth! My Lab can just give me a look and I know he wants to eat. He doesn't know what hunger really is. To think of these poor little children waiting and waiting for their next meal just sickens me. I just pray they gain their weight and strength back and find some loving parents to adopt them and give them a healthy, loving life that they so deserve.
I have a lab too..so I know what mean by the look:) These children were also deprived of fluids and if I remember correctly,death by thirst is a lot worse than starvation.

And, dammit, a chance to eat. For Christ's sake this is a really sick scenario. Sorry, but this burns my butt and I lose it when it comes to children.

Opie said:
The original article says the father will be interrogated. Interrogated? He ought to be starved! As for his wife...I surely do hope there is a special place for people such as this one.
A reserveration in hell:mad:

concernedperson said:
This is the most horrific story lately. The father is in denial. I hate denial...it devalues you every step of the way. These girls were subject to whatever abuses could be thrown their way.

And, they were abused. No matter what parent or step-parent shows up at the door. The intention was to harm these children and gain control. They were pawns in other abusive situations.

I hope that someone takes the bull by the horns and makes sure these children have a chance at life. A good chance.The chance to change a cycle and be who you want to be.
-------------------------
I'd like to know what in the he!! is wrong with these people! How can they do this? As other posters said,I even warm my dogs food~kept ice in his water when it was so hot.People lke this should be sterilized so they can never do it again!! Like Nazi Germany to sterilize,what did the kids look like! They should never produce again.They should be put away! If they dont want the kids,give them up for adoption.Many people would be in Heaven to have all those children~~or are the parents depending on the free welfare monney from good old Uncle Sam.They deserve to be locked up.I hope to follow this to see if they are. Thanks for letting me vent.I am mad..

Opie said:
--------------
I'd interrogate him~I'd castrate him!! This is a father who left ths go on? he's just as guilty.They dont deserve to live!!

missacorah said:

Exactly.

My children are 19 and 21 and I want small children in the house again, I want to hear the laughter and the feet running on the floor---Oh to be younger so that I could adopt several small children. I ache for these two girls and what they have gone thru at such an early age.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back