Dad Heads to Prom, Iraq

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=81505

"I couldn't think of anybody else to enjoy the day with, my birthday, plus my senior prom, and my dad he's a fun guy," says Marrielle.
"To go to her final prom from high school, on her 18th birthday, to me it's a great honor to do this," says Shack.

And this night is even more special for the father and daughter because in just a week Marrielle's dad will be deployed to Iraq

That is so sweet, most girls would definitely not take their dads as their dates to their school prom. This family must be so close. It is a real feel good story.

"I enjoy this being with my daughter and her friends, letting my hair down. I don't have any hair but that's okay," says Shack. :D

AH! This just got me all choked up! How very sweet of her to think of her dad in this way. Obviously a very loving, unselfish daughter he raised..he should be so proud!

If I were the school administrators, I might cook up a surprise of giving her her diploma early in a special ceremony, complete with the prom photographer getting pictures "on the school", but that may not be possible.

Such a beautiful story! They certainly did raise such a good child. Most children can get selfish when it comes to their proms. For her to let her dad go with her is beautiful!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back