GA - Teacher Accused Of Writing Love Letters To 12 Yr. Old Student

White Rain

Reaction score
Geez, WHAT is going on with the teachers today???

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13272259/detail.html

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. -- A Clayton County mother has been granted a temporary restraining order after she said her 12-year-old son received love letters from his 42-year-old teacher.

The alleged situation came to light when another teacher thought Tonya Johnson was a little too close to a 12-year-old boy, investigators said. Then the teacher discovered a love letter in the trash and turned it over to the principal.

“I want you to be with me. I know that we are both with someone else, but that’s going to change one day," the letter read.

It’s a typical love letter: A woman expresses her affection for the object of her desire. But in this case, the object of the writer's desire is a 12-year-old boy, according to the boy's mother, and the writer is his teacher and she's married.

Once the boy’s mother found out about the letter, she said she was shocked at what she read.

The letter also reads, “I have been suffering in this marriage a long time and you seem to be the only peace in my life.” (more at link)

She has serious problems! I'm surprised she was allowed to teach one more day after the letter was found.

notice how everything in the letter is all geared around what SHE wants and what's best for HER.. no mention about what's best for the boy.. someone's a little self-absorbed with a bad case of tunnel vision,, no....>?

i think she is stuck (reverting) back to a 12-year old in her mind.. due to not dating enough before marriage, or the stress of an unhappy situation plus hormomal issues (i.e., menopause?).... although to be fair.. i DON'T think that the contents of the letter should have been published, as is says it was "ALLEGED" to have been written by her... what happened to innocent til proven guilty?? it could have been a fantasy that went too far in her mind.. she could have been 'exeorcising it by writing it out & throwing it away.. and she may have thrown the letter out instead of giving it to him, so he may not have ever seen it... but with all the child molesting that goes on (and, always has,, it's nothing new!).. these days even having thoughts can be a crime. and although 'thought crime' is a tricky issue (refer to orwell's 1984..!) i can certainly understand why.. because all too often unhealthy thoughts that are allowed to run wild lead to actions.. and therefore negative consequences.

it's good the other teacher was aware enough to stop what was developing there.. and clearly the woman needs help dealing whatever she's dealing with.. and it was best for her to resign. but is she a criminal? no.

and again, i don't see how this made the national news... but the media loves a juicy story, especially when it involves teachers and kids.....!

notice how everything in the letter is all geared around what SHE wants and what's best for HER.. no mention about what's best for the boy.. someone's a little self-absorbed with a bad case of tunnel vision,, no....>?

i think she is stuck (reverting) back to a 12-year old in her mind.. due to not dating enough before marriage, or the stress of an unhappy situation plus hormomal issues (i.e., menopause?).... although to be fair.. i DON'T think that the contents of the letter should have been published, as is says it was "ALLEGED" to have been written by her... what happened to innocent til proven guilty?? it could have been a fantasy that went too far in her mind.. she could have been 'exeorcising it by writing it out & throwing it away.. and she may have thrown the letter out instead of giving it to him, so he may not have ever seen it... but with all the child molesting that goes on (and, always has,, it's nothing new!).. these days even having thoughts can be a crime. and although 'thought crime' is a tricky issue (refer to orwell's 1984..!) i can certainly understand why.. because all too often unhealthy thoughts that are allowed to run wild lead to actions.. and therefore negative consequences.

it's good the other teacher was aware enough to stop what was developing there.. and clearly the woman needs help dealing whatever she's dealing with.. and it was best for her to resign. but is she a criminal? no.

and again, i don't see how this made the national news... but the media loves a juicy story, especially when it involves teachers and kids.....!

I just put myself in the parents shoes...if a teacher of your child had even been "alleged" to do something like this wouldn't you wanna know?

yes, of course!!! but does it have to be nationwide news,, that's my question. it almost seems like the media loves to spread juicy gossip, not real news.. (then again, here i am reading it!). i disagree with the fact that they printed the contents of the note when #1) it was thrown in the trash, possibly never even read.. and #2) it was ALLEGED to be written by her-- so far not proven. granted, odds are that she did write it, but that just seems like very irresponsible journalism to me.

but i suppose this is also done to publicly humiliate the person as much as possible, to deter others from even entertaining such thoughts in the future..

yes, of course!!! but does it have to be nationwide news,, that's my question. it almost seems like the media loves to spread juicy gossip, not real news.. (then again, here i am reading it!). i disagree with the fact that they printed the contents of the note when #1) it was thrown in the trash, possibly never even read.. and #2) it was ALLEGED to be written by her-- so far not proven. granted, odds are that she did write it, but that just seems like very irresponsible journalism to me.

but i suppose this is also done to publicly humiliate the person as much as possible, to deter others from even entertaining such thoughts in the future..

I don't think it's nationwide news...just my local GA news out of an Atlanta station. I respect your feelings on the subject but I can't agree with them...maybe because I have two small girls, and with all the news of the child rapes/killings these days I want to know about everything that goes on like this...I know it's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, but in my own mind I think "Well, at least I know yet another person to keep my kids away from."
Fair? Maybe not..but when it comes to my kids I can't afford to be fair. Now I am not saying this woman is guilty, and there certainly has been nothing to say that she actually molested a child, but to me it doesn't matter...the fear is too much for me.

Well, I'd say that to write those sort of letters to a child is at least child abuse which is a crime. This woman and all teachers who do this sort of thing do need to be exposed because they are not fit to be around children and do not ever need a job again dealing with kids. Their husbands and family need to know what sickos they are involved with so that they can protect themselves and any kids. I imagine there was more going on in order to even say those things in the first place and that is sexual molestation. I think that there need to be more laws so that people who can proven to even be thinking about such a thing can be charged with a crime since only a pervert would even fantasize about being in love with a child.

"Days before the school found out about the love letter, the mother said the teacher convinced her to allow her son to spend the weekend with her and her kids. The mother said her son says nothing happened."

This quote was taken from the first link above. Having my child's teacher convince me to take my kid for the entire weekend would have caused me some concern. I guess I'd need to know more about this boy's friendship to the teacher's kids and how often he had been at the teacher's house.

OK.. but say that all she did was write a letter, and throw it in the trash. say she never did anything else, and the boy never read it. you're saying that makes her a criminal.....???

i just don't buy that. that means you can out anyone in jail for THINKING anything. is that the kind of society we want to live in? of course she has some serious mental problems that need to be addressed.,.. and she should not be teaching. she probably knows this now, since she DID resign. but unless there is evidence to the contrary, she did not commit an actual crime (unless you believe thoughts to be crimes).

Well to me ,even thinking about having a love affair with a child is wrong and borderline criminal.

It is getting to the point that I am almost ashamed to tell anyone that I was once a teacher...

Thats sad angelwngs.....you shouldnt feel that way...there are bad apples everywhere dont let these few spoil something of which you should be proud.

This is the weirdest thing ever. I have a 12yo son. I can not imagine cute as he is any 42 yo women being "in love" with him. EWWWWW:loser:

This is the weirdest thing ever. I have a 12yo son. I can not imagine cute as he is any 42 yo women being "in love" with him. EWWWWW:loser:

ITA. I have a 12yo son also, and he is a cutie. I can see why other 12yo's would think he is good looking, but I honestly can't imagine why a grown woman would be attracted to him. It's not just b/c he's my son - the same goes for his friends. He has some friends that are adorable. You know they are going to be great looking when they grow up, and you know the little middle school girls just love them, but attraction? Zero.

I teach. I'm with teenagers every single day. I do not see the attraction some people seem to have with them. They are children, for God's sake. Their brains aren't fully developed. I had a theory going that some young people entering the teaching profession do so because their own development is stunted, and in some crazy mixed-up way they see this as a way to meet members of the opposite sex for romantic purposes. Well, my theory is blown. This woman is 40. What on earth does a 40-year-old woman have in common with a 12-year-old boy?

Well to me ,even thinking about having a love affair with a child is wrong and borderline criminal.

I hear what you're saying, dingo, but I really hope thoughts aren't ever made even borderline criminal...or I am going to jail for sure! :eek:

Well unless they invent some sort of mind reading machine I think we,ll all be safe:p

I simply don't get it. Why don't these teachers realize that there is a line that is not suppose to be crossed between them and the students? (A line that shouldn't be crossed between a teacher and any child under 18?) I just don't get it. :banghead:
The teacher should loose her teachers license and be registered as a sexual something.....I'm not sure what she can be charged with if she had no actual physical contact with the boy. And at 12, he is a boy.

my daughter turns 12 on the 18th. if 1 of her male teachers wrote those things about her i would try to get them charged with something. i would probably fail but i would try.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back