IL IL - Bradley Olsen, 26, Dekalb, 20 Jan 2007

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
I found out about this missing young man, because his mother posted on the message board that Lisa Stebic's family set up. When I searched yesterday I was only able to locate one article and wanted to post a missing thread for him here. I feel for this young man, his mother, and for his little 6 year old daughter and pray he is soon reunited with them.

From an article dated April 27, 2007:

Bradley Olsen, 26, of Maple Park has been missing since Jan. 19, when he last was seen at Bar One in DeKalb.

"It's getting harder as time has gone by", said his mother, Sue Olsen of Maple Park. "He has a daughter who is 6 who needs to be taken care of."

The family has organized two searches for Olsen, but no new searches are planned.

"Friends and family are out on their own looking," she said.

DeKalb Police Lt. Jim Kayes said there were no leads into his disappearance.

http://www.kcchronicle.com/articles/2007/04/28/news/local/doc4632d9f47f7f7076165677.txt

Forgot to post this from the article above:

Have any information?

Contact DeKalb police Lt. Jim Kayes at (815) 748-8400 with information about Bradley Olsen.

There is supposedly a MySpace page set up for Bradley Olsen. If someone finds it, please post the link!

Hoping we can help locate Bradley! :)

Link to myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=161697218

The page states that he stayed behind when his friends left and he was last known to have been looking for a ride back home. I'm not sure how far home was from the bar, but being that DeKalb is pretty much in the middle of cornfields and being that it was about 8 degrees the night he went missing, he may not have been picky enough about who stopped to give him a ride. Just a thought......

Of course,this might not be too accurate depending on where in Dekalb he was, but I mapquested Dekalb to Maple Park, where it is said he was returning home to..

icon-dirs-start
Dekalb, IL US Revise | New Directions

icon-dirs-end
Maple Park, IL US Revise | New Directions

Total Est. Time: 13 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 8.77 miles

This man is literally missing from his own backyard. I looked at a map, and these locations are a straight shot down one road. An 8 mile drive. and hes missing. Something is definately fishy here.

Link to myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=161697218

The page states that he stayed behind when his friends left and he was last known to have been looking for a ride back home. I'm not sure how far home was from the bar, but being that DeKalb is pretty much in the middle of cornfields and being that it was about 8 degrees the night he went missing, he may not have been picky enough about who stopped to give him a ride. Just a thought......

Thanks, Mom!

If anyone who reads here is a myspace member, it might be nice to post a message there linking this thread so Brad's family and friends will know. TIA!

I just sent them a message on myspace with the link to this thread.

Thank you, MissieMt!

I just heard back form the people on his myspace page. They said they will be checking this page out.
So if you are reading this, I encourage you to join us and let us know how the investigation and search are going. In the meantime, Brad, his family, and friends are in my prayers.

I really wish that people...women and men...wouldn't leave bars alone. So many young people have left bars alone and disappeared. You wouldn't think that anything bad could happen to a man alone but it has happened a lot of times and especially to the college age men.

I hope that this young man is found soon. It doesn't seem that he would just take off and leave a little girl behind never to call home or anything. My heart goes out to the family and to his little girl. She is probably having a really hard time understanding where her daddy is.

According to the person running his myspace page there was video surveillance at the bar, but it didn't show anything regarding Brad.
This is heartbreaking!!!

Three families are expected to meet this weekend for the first time -- the families of three missing suburban men from three separate missing persons cases.

As WBBM's Steve Miller reports, a search for one of the men is drawing them all together.

Missing since January: 27-year-old Bradley Olsen of DeKalb County.

Missing since February: 38-year-old Scott Anthony Arcaro of Lisle.

Missing since February: 45-year-old John Spira (pictured) of St. Charles.

This Saturday, families of all three men will meet for the first time to search for John Spira.

Again, thanks Marie for posting the news about the three families meeting tomorrow. I will say an extra prayer for the families of Bradley, John and Scott that they find some of the answers they are looking for. IMO, there's nothing as unnerving as not knowing.

It's weird to me that three grown men disappear from with a fairly close proximity of each other within a month's period of time. Just plain weird.

According to the person running his myspace page there was video surveillance at the bar, but it didn't show anything regarding Brad.
This is heartbreaking!!!

I wonder if there was a back door to the bar that didn't have a camera. He had to have left the bar somehow. There must be more then one way to leave in case of fires I would think.

I work over in DeKalb with one of the guys that used to be a bouncer at Bar One before it closed down (yeah, it is no longer in business at this time). He said that Bradley had been in there before. Sad deal all the way around.

Yeah, it sure opens up the possibilities, that's for sure. The whole thing is just so sad. I can't even begin to imagine. So many people go missing it just boggles my mind. It's almost as if he vanished into thin air.

Has this former employee spoken with police? Seems he has a lot of knowledge about what goes on around there.

I work over in DeKalb with one of the guys that used to be a bouncer at Bar One before it closed down (yeah, it is no longer in business at this time). He said that Bradley had been in there before. Sad deal all the way around.

TCO CAn you convince this guy to go and talk to the police? Maybe what he knows about Bradley

TCO CAn you convince this guy to go and talk to the police? Maybe what he knows about Bradley
Actually the way he spoke, I believe he has already been in contact with Law
Enforcement. From what I got out of the conversation he was not there on the night this event took place, and what he told me was the sum of what he knew. That was the main reason I broached the subject with him to begin with, to see if he knew of him, to see if he was working there the night Bradley was last seen and to find out if he had been in contact with the authorities.

It's just baffeling to me that three men have disappeared into thin air in this area in a seemingly short time period. I actually dread coming here sometimes because every day it seems someone new has gone missing. But at the same time, I just can't keep away. Why do people have to do things like this to others?????? It's just so Gawdawful sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back