God Hates the World: New Outrage From Group That Pickets GIs' Funerals

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,273313,00.html

"Falwell warmly praised Christ-rejecting Jews, pedophile-condoning Catholics, money-grubbing compromisers, practicing *advertiser censored* like Mel White, and backsliders like Billy Graham and Robert Schuler, etc.," the site reads.
Last month, the group released a music video entitled "God Hates the World." Sung to the tune of "We Are the World," the song changes the chorus to: "God hates the world and all her people, you, every one, face a fiery day for your proud sinning. It’s too late to change His mind, you lived out your vain lives, storing up God’s wrath for all eternity."

======
i watched the video ..... excuse me now i feel ill and need a shower.:sick: :sick:

Those fools are worse than the Islamic radicals who blow themselves to smithereens for Allah. Makes me ashamed to be a Baptist. (For the record, I don't know any Baptists who agree with them!)

Those fools are worse than the Islamic radicals who blow themselves to smithereens for Allah. Makes me ashamed to be a Baptist. (For the record, I don't know any Baptists who agree with them!)

For the record, I think that most of us realize that most main stream religions have off sects that take it to a zealot extreme and certainly does not reflect of the postive aspects of the other sects.

These people are no more "Babtist" then I am the Virgin Mary.
Just because they decided to call themselves that does not mean they are. I almost wish Religions could sue these off sects for claiming they are of the same beliefs and teachings as the main stream version.

"Falwell warmly praised Christ-rejecting Jews, pedophile-condoning Catholics, money-grubbing compromisers, practicing *advertiser censored* like Mel White, and backsliders like Billy Graham and Robert Schuler, etc.," the site reads.
Last month, the group released a music video entitled "God Hates the World." Sung to the tune of "We Are the World," the song changes the chorus to: "God hates the world and all her people, you, every one, face a fiery day for your proud sinning. It’s too late to change His mind, you lived out your vain lives, storing up God’s wrath for all eternity."

======
i watched the video ..... excuse me now i feel ill and need a shower.:sick: :sick:

These idiots have been around for awhile. They picket all kindsa funerals, not just GI's...they had threatened to picket the Amish funerals, and they also were going to (not sure they did) picket the first victim of the VT massacre (forgive me, his name escapes me).

IIRC they blame homosexuallity in America for all the things that are going on that is bad.

I had read somewhere they redid the song "We are the world" with the words "God hates the World" (ETA, ok, now you see how bad my short term memory is, I had just read that in the above post, DUH)...bunch of lunatics, IMO. There website is something about God Hates *advertiser censored*. Sickening.

Amazing to me how a small church of 70 can get attention, people should just ignore them, maybe they will go away.

I'd like to be a 'fly on the wall' when the leader of this group comes face to face with his Maker. I'd really like to witness that discussion! :dance:

Wow a whole whopping 70 members? He sure has a big following.

What an Azz......

I almost wish Religions could sue these off sects for claiming they are of the same beliefs and teachings as the main stream version.

Same here. I did find one comment here that was reassuring.

Southern Poverty Law Center has classified Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group, and the Anti-Defamation League keeps tabs on the organization.

What an Azz......
my understanding is the preacher has 9 grown kids. all most all members are just extended family.

What an Azz......

They are all from the same family. We live about an hour away from their "church" and they are always around. We just ignore them. They want to get everyone upset and they love media coverage. More than one of the members is an attorney...so they are just waiting for someone to do something to "them."

They are sickos. But what's really sad is what they are doing to their children. We've seen some young ones holding the most hateful signs you've ever seen. What they are doing to their children just sickens me. A couple of their family members have gotten away from the group...and it's interesting to hear what they have to say about their family members...and it's not good.

I personally think Phelps is gay. He just protests way too much. We've seen this sort of thing before...the minister who denounces gays and then is found to be gay himself. Of course there's the one who claimed that he'd been "cured" from being gay. lol People are so stupid.

.....I'd like to be a 'fly on the wall' when the leader of this group comes face to face with his Maker. I'd really like to witness that discussion! :dance:

I think the Big Guy will say, "Dude - you got Me all wrong. Let's try it again."

I also wanted to ditto what Amraann said - no one in the world really considers these folks Baptist. Crazy has a congregation all to itself.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0706/flag_ap.html
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A member of a Kansas group that has drawn criticism for protesting at soldiers' funerals was charged Thursday with misdemeanors after her son stomped on a U.S. flag during a demonstration last month.
Shirley Phelps-Roper, 49, of Topeka, Kan., was charged with negligent child abuse, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, flag mutilation and disturbing the peace.
==========
more @ link.

Mostly family, I believe. This is what happens with too much inbreeding, IMO. I can't imagine attending this church. But, with their running all over the country protesting funerals, I don't think there's anyone left in Kansas to hold a legitimate service on any given Sunday.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mostly family, I believe. This is what happens with too much inbreeding, IMO. I can't imagine attending this church. But, with their running all over the country protesting funerals, I don't think there's anyone left in Kansas to hold a legitimate service on any given Sunday.

:bang:

Have you ever seen the woman leader of this group? I don't know if she is Phelps' wife or not, but she is on the news every now and then. She is visibly insane. Her eyes are scary, they glow with this inhuman light. This whole group ought to be committed and put into straitjackets.

I have a 20 year old son in Iraq (2nd tour) I Dare anyone to pickett his funeral should he not make it back. I guarantee there will be more funerals if they do!!!
My son is stationed at fort riley Kansas

======

Well, so much for John 3:16, huh?

Do these idiots not remember that God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son to us??

These people are why, in my opinion, the Bible warns us of those who say "Lord, Lord" but the Lord will say "Depart from me, you never knew me."

They don't have a CLUE about God. Not a clue.

They are a hate group, pure and simple. Nothing more and nothing less. They are twisted and sick.

WI has restricted the protesting area by legislation -

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184623,00.html

Somewhere in this article ... a motorcycle group organizes itself to protect the families etc when this happens - I LOVE THAT!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

And I respect your right to free speech - I just can't imagine a more tasteless display of it. It may be great publicity, but no one in their right mind would want to join the church...

Kentucky HAD a similar law, and these people sued and had it repealed. However, the State has done nothing to stop those in local government from doing whatever they feel like they need to do to keep them out of here.

My hometown has had six soldiers die in the past two years (I knew three of them from High School and one from church). They said they were going to protest all of them, but they only came to the first one -- and then only four showed up. They were told by the police that they weren't allowed on the funeral home parking lot because it was private property. Thus, they were shooed away until they got to a public parking lot over a quarter-mile away in the OPPOSITE direction of the funeral procession. After a counter protest (given permit by the city an hour before the funeral) showed up in the same parking lot, they got in their cars and left. Never came back for the other five funerals either.

They released a statement that they were going to come to the funerals of a couple of friends of mine that were killed in the ComAir 5191 crash, but they never showed up for those either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back