MO - Johnnie Kerns for tossing 5yo girl off bridge, Springfield, 2006

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
After breaking into Cassidy�s home and kidnapping Ivie, Kerns allegedly beat her and drove around for several hours before throwing her into McDaniel Lake early in the morning.

A trio of fishermen heard the girl splash into the water and rescued her. Kerns was arrested at his parents� house the next morning after a standoff with law enforcement.
======
justice imo would be to treat him as he treated this child.

more @ link. http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070518/BREAKING01/70518021

sad, sad, sad at all the horible news in the world....all of this REALLY makes you think...I took a LONG time choosing hubby # 2, & choosing to let him around my kids, and have already made up my mind that if we ever divorce, there will be NO ONE ELSE until my babies are well of grown age, if ever...
not blaming mom here, it just seems as if you can't trust ANYONE when it comes to kids these days.

How the heck did he avoid an attempted murder charge?

How the heck did he avoid an attempted murder charge?
looks like a good old fashion plea deal.

Johnnie Jerome Kerns, 30, in February pleaded to charges of felony kidnapping, first-degree assault, first-degree burglary, felony armed criminal action and abuse of a child in the Sept. 6 abduction.

It's unusual to see a charge of "felony kidnapping" when no murder occurs. Obviously any kidnapping is a felony but using "felony" instead of "aggravated" is usually used when a conviction of capital murder is being sought. I guess they used it in order to get a longer sentence. Didn't know it could be done, not a bad idea come to think of it.

Now that is a judge that I can respect. The creep has to serve 85% of the 70 years so he will be in prison for a long long time. I don't understand why he wasn't charged with attempted murder either. I doubt if he was aware of the fishermen that saved the little girl. I give the judge in this case an A+.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back