TX - Edward LaGrone, killer of pregnant 10-year-old, executed

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
HUNTSVILLE -- Maintaining his innocence, twice-convicted killer Edward Lagrone was executed this evening for a triple slaying in Fort Worth where one of the victims was a 10-year-old girl pregnant with his child.

"I just want to say I am not sad or bitter with anybody," Lagrone said in a brief final statement. "Like I've said from Day One, I didn't kill them. But I'm no better than the people that did."

He concluded by saying: "Jesus is Lord. That's all I have to say."

Lagrone sputtered and gasped a couple of times. He was pronounced dead at 6:18 p.m., seven minutes after the lethal drugs began flowing into the veins of his arms.

Lagrone, 46, was the fifth Texas inmate executed this year. Another execution is set for Thursday night.

Evidence showed Shakeisha Lloyd was 17 weeks pregnant when Lagrone, who was released in 1984 after serving seven years of a 20-year prison term for murder, barged into her family's home about 4 a.m. on May 30, 1991, and began shooting with a double-barreled pistol-grip shotgun he had a girlfriend buy for him one day earlier.

Two of the girl's great-aunts, Zenobia Anderson, 83, and Caolo Lloyd, 74, deaf, blind and bedridden with cancer, also were killed. An uncle was wounded.

"This is one of the uglier ones," said Steve Conder, a Tarrant County assistant prosecutor handling responses to Lagrone's appeals.

"Just a cold-blooded murderer," said David Montague, the district attorney who prosecuted the case. "DNA evidence immediately linked him to the fetus of the girl who was killed."

Story from Houston Chronical

Ghostwheel said:
If only half of these convicts could have found their Lord BEFORE they committed these crimes...

Amen to that Ghostwheel!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back