Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning,

Hi Shazza, No problem, and I think we see things pretty myuch eye to eye. ;}

I did a lot of reading last night on the Google site devoted to Madeline and it really was an interesting read. Our Floh may be Mod there. I think it is always good to assimilate as many ideas as possible. I brought that interesting post from their theories thread yesterday, and then read their psychic thread which was very down to earth I thought.

What I have learned is there is a general feeling Madeline is still alive from many of these posters, that she is in a duress situation by some predator but will be found.

Evidently the feeling is that the UK top notch investigative team on the job want to see every photo taken in the area for a couple of weeks before she was taken, as the McCann family was near the tail end of their vacation and had been there about 2 weekis. From that is where they will spot someone who will pop up on their radar as the person that most llikely took her. They are also very interested in speaking with a 50 year old man who lives in Spain and is a cousin to RM!

They think this person watched the McCann's enough to know their habits of coming and going, which even we have learned were predictable even as they are now, grabbed her quickly. There was no evidence of breakin or struggle from what these people have learned from LE. That is why these photos are so very important to the investigation right now.

I read very little where there is suspicion towards the family which surprised me. LE now thinks she was taken by a single sexual predator from what I can tell, and that she is most likely dead. Once they have a photo of this person, which these people are quite sure will surface from all the scanned photos the police are getting now, they will be able to track this person to catch him. Evidently their capabilities are very strong in this area.

I did also learn there was a small boy taken several months ago from a town not far from where Madeline disappeared, and some wonder if they are connected. Someone here had asked that question.

So I came away with a really positive feeling for Madeline, hoping she is still with us and of course know we will all be praying for the same thing.

Scandi

Hi Scandi - you didn't say, was there any mention of the fate of the little boy? Is he still missing?

I have lurked here reading all the posts, so forgive me if I say something that's already been said.

It appears as if LE in Europe operate very differently than here in the USA. For instance, weren't there also some other young girls kidnapped from the same area recently? If so, why weren't these abductions publicized (aside from the resorts' need to keep them quiet so they wouldn't hinder tourism) so the McCanns knew it wasn't safe to leave the children alone? Why did it take so long for her disappearance to become major news?

I have not been following this case b/c I just have been in a spot where I can' bear to think of a missing baby right now. I did read her story in Pople at the grocery store though and can not belive that this family left 3 kids alone so they could go out to eat. Someone at their vacation spot obviosly was watching and their neglegence gave them the prime opportunity. I am sure they were not intentionally negelegent, but naive about their children's saftey. Creeps and weirdos are everywhere, don't be fooled into thinking you are safe.

I have not been following this case b/c I just have been in a spot where I can' bear to think of a missing baby right now. I did read her story in Pople at the grocery store though and can not belive that this family left 3 kids alone so they could go out to eat. Someone at their vacation spot obviosly was watching and their neglegence gave them the prime opportunity. I am sure they were not intentionally negelegent, but naive about their children's saftey. Creeps and weirdos are everywhere, don't be fooled into thinking you are safe.

I agree with you - but I would be interested to know more about the specific set up. The restaurant or whatever it was was 100 yards away. That's a football field. Was it an open area or not? Could they see their villa?

Their judgment doesn't really matter - they're paying too heavy a price for a lapse (if it was a lapse).

I totally agree Ang50, I hate that I am judging them at all on this b/c I can not imagine anything worse than having a child kidnapped or killed. They don't deserve this at all.

Hi Utopia, The poster didn't give any other info about the boy, but from the way it was stated I assume he hasn't been found. I don't know.

Hi CaliKid, I also read a post where it was stated several young girls had gone missing from the same area lately, but this poster of course gave no link. The poster was called on this by another, saying a statement like this needs a link, and they are waiting now for it. I believe it was on the general discussion thread of the Google link I gave last night for the sight devoted to Madeline.

I did just run across this link though that I don't think we have here which opened up my eyes wide. This is a blogger on scene named Paulo and he seems to be well respected in digging up the daily news on the case:

http://gazetadigitalarquivo.blogspot.com/2007/05/em-directo-da-praia-da-luz-algarve-news.html
Snippet
" . . . (07:00 pm, May 18 2007) – Took me longer than I thought to post again, since this morning. I’ll start with a very serious subject: I saw a comment at CrimeBlog.US , from “debk”, who wrote “I haven’t yet found any reliable written Portuguese (or English) source about Barra da Costa’s comment that dogs found traces of Madeleine at Murat’s house… or anywhere else”. I quoted Mr Barra da Costa yesterday, in a breaking news bulletin (“A police dog found traces of Madeleine McCann at Murat's house”) posted at Gazeta Digital.

Let me make one thing very clear: I watched the news and heard the words of Mr. Barra da Costa. I wasn’t the only witness of this interview. Around 1, 2 million Portuguese viewers (average number of viewers of “Telejornal”, main news of RTP) heard Mr. Barra da Costa saying that “a police dog found traces of the missing girl near the swimming pool of Robert Murat’s house”.
I have a link to RTP page, where they have the full video of main news (“Telejornal”). This afternoon, I talked with Mr. Barra da Costa, but he just told me that he had no comments about nothing for any journalist, as he says he was misquoted on a previous interview, also in TV. In that interview, he said that “there is information that the (McCann) couple was an adept of ‘swing’, meaning sexual relations among couples”.

It seems that I was the only one who quoted the remark of Mr. Barra da Costa about the dog finding traces of Madeleine at Murat’s house. Mr. Barra da Costa is a former CID inspector, criminologist and academic, and a very regular presence at TV stations, to comment on crime cases. Why nobody quoted him on this subject? I don’t know. But if somebody has any doubt about the accuracy of my quote, just take a look at “Telejornal”, in the RTP page (if they understand Portuguese). . . ."

Some interesting things here going back a few days! Who knows if they are really true, but possible for sure!
Scandi

Thanks Scandi. My geography of that part of the world is not very good so I have no idea how far Grand Canary Island is from the Algarve region of Portugal. I am currently studying in the UK and one of my fellow school mates is from Portugal and is currently there visiting. He is expected back within the next week so I'll make be sure to grill him when he returns.

I found a couple interesting links from different perspectives, one Portuguese, one English (I used tinyurl on the UK link as it was long and I didn't want to blow the margins)

http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=37797

http://tinyurl.com/2vlsmk

Utopia

I totally agree Ang50, I hate that I am judging them at all on this b/c I can not imagine anything worse than having a child kidnapped or killed. They don't deserve this at all.

But I agree - if I didn't know a hotel risk manager personally, I would probably assume hotels/resorts/cruises are safer than they really are. These are people who probably wouldn't leave their children in the house while they visited the neighbors, but did make this decision.

And I admit that my first thought was - how could you? But 100 yards away... and checking every 1/2 hour... I can understand it. 20 yards or 50 - we'd think nothing of it. 100 yards would be an easy visual sightline.

No one deserves this, but I will learn my lesson from them rather than having to learn it the hard way, hopefully.

I've skimmed this thread and obviously read and hear the news on this and I finally had to jump in to express my disgust with these parents. I have a 10 year old son and 3 year old daughter, and travel extensively, and I would NEVER leave them alone while my wife and I went out for dinner & drinks.....NEVER. And my son is TEN!!!

I regret the situation they've found themselves in but they have no one to blame but themselves. This is tragic in so many ways but fiirst and foremost is their ignorance and denial that they had anything to do with this? very sad indeed. They should be charged with negligence. How stupid do you have to be to leave your kids alone in a strange hotel/villa whatever in a strange country while you go "out and party"....which is what they really did right. They shlept (sp?) their kids off, without a proper care-giver no less, and went out for wine...to be alone....well they got their wish. How tragic....and they are doctors? I guess phd degrees come out of Cracker Jack boxes in the UK cause DR's are suppose to be smart??? These two certainly are NOT.

Here in Toronto a woman was charged and CONVICTED of child negligence for leaving her 3 year old in an apartment while she went out clubbing....how is this any different? IT'S NOT. They should be charged.....have a shrink look into their pea-brains. If this poor beautiful girl is lost to them it is THEIR fault - end of story!!!

I thought this forum was for web sleuthing to share news articles and ideas and anything to help solve a crime or in this case find a missing child. I find this thread aimed more at debate about the parents and what they should have done, or not done. Being new here is it not possible to divide the thread into two where those that want to discuss and debate the parents and their error and those that want to discuss and share articles about Madeleine? Please take no offense here to my post. Just looking for Madeleine news and ideas. Though the debate is interesting I don't find it helpful.

I thought I was "sleuthing" by pointing out that the parents are to blame and that THEY should be the ones charged. If they never left their kids alone she/they 99.99% would be fine right......negligence lies with the parents and not some unknown abductor.

OK, here's a senario.....what if poor Madeleine woke up scared, no one was there to comfort her...she opened the front door and left the villa and wandered around LOOKING for her parents who were no where to be found? No abductor at all. She wandered around lost in a foreign city and possibly fell into some water, a hole, into the hand of a villian...God only knows. Point being, once again, is that it always comes back to the root of the problem and that is the fact that they shouldn't have been left alone to begin with. I say finger print the main door knob and look for her prints, which I'm sure they have. My three year old can easily open and close the washroom doors in our house, her bedroom door etc etc......so could Madeleine I'm sure. So what if this "abductor" stuff is just a big smoke screen to defer attention away from the TRUE criminals....the stupid parents?

I know a lot of you come here and this tugs on your heart strings....you're addicted to this story...to the search....you put yourselves in the position of these parents and feel their dread...."what if it was YOUR child". However, I'm willing wager that 99.99% of you would never have left those kids alone to begin with. And if your in the 0.001% that thinks its OK to leave your kids alone while you galavant around you shouldn't be surprised if your poor children go missing one day as these predators prey on the ignorant parents like Medelines......the fools.....the victims!!!

I thought I was "sleuthing" by pointing out that the parents are to blame and that THEY should be the ones charged. If they never left their kids alone she/they 99.99% would be fine right......negligence lies with the parents and not some unknown abductor.

OK, here's a senario.....what if poor Madeleine woke up scared, no one was there to comfort her...she opened the front door and left the villa and wandered around LOOKING for her parents who were no where to be found? No abductor at all. She wandered around lost in a foreign city and possibly fell into some water, a hole, into the hand of a villian...God only knows. Point being, once again, is that it always comes back to the root of the problem and that is the fact that they shouldn't have been left alone to begin with. I say finger print the main door knob and look for her prints, which I'm sure they have. My three year old can easily open and close the washroom doors in our house, her bedroom door etc etc......so could Madeleine I'm sure. So what if this "abductor" stuff is just a big smoke screen to defer attention away from the TRUE criminals....the stupid parents?

I know a lot of you come here and this tugs on your heart strings....you're addicted to this story...to the search....you put yourselves in the position of these parents and feel their dread...."what if it was YOUR child". However, I'm willing wager that 99.99% of you would never have left those kids alone to begin with. And if your in the 0.001% that thinks its OK to leave your kids alone while you galavant around you shouldn't be surprised if your poor children go missing one day as these predators prey on the ignorant parents like Medelines......the fools.....the victims!!!
I totally agree with everything you have said, I too have been told I am parent bashing, put blame where the blame is and it is the parents fault that this has been allowed to happen, they should be charged with child neglect.

Sewing Deb, just wanted to thank you for the link you provided me earlier. It gave me a new perspective.

While I'm not sure if there's enough interest for this to have its own forum, I am bummed there isn't a running media link. I just started a new job and am way behind on reading the latest...

I thought this forum was for web sleuthing to share news articles and ideas and anything to help solve a crime or in this case find a missing child. I find this thread aimed more at debate about the parents and what they should have done, or not done. Being new here is it not possible to divide the thread into two where those that want to discuss and debate the parents and their error and those that want to discuss and share articles about Madeleine? Please take no offense here to my post. Just looking for Madeleine news and ideas. Though the debate is interesting I don't find it helpful.

I do not think you can effectivly share ideas about Madeleine without discussion of the parents actions when she dissapeared. It is not about passing judgment or blame but about recognizing that their behavior that night was questionable and seeminly out of character and therefore until proven otherwise they do need to be considered as possibly suspects. This is not to say they are guilty only that there is reason to not exclude them as having involvment in Madeleines disappearance.

mjak

This is an excellent point. There is only conjecture that she was abducted. She was left unsupervised so therefore what happened to her could be as you described it. Her parents are paying a horrible price for their horrific judgement: however, that price is miniscule compared to the life of a child. It is Madeline who is likley paying the worst price of all.

mjak

I do not think you can effectivly share ideas about Madeleine without discussion of the parents actions when she dissapeared. It is not about passing judgment or blame but about recognizing that their behavior that night was questionable and seeminly out of character and therefore until proven otherwise they do need to be considered as possibly suspects. This is not to say they are guilty only that there is reason to not exclude them as having involvment in Madeleines disappearance.

mjak

Interesting thought Mjak! And therin lies the rub in taking a look at their behavior. Their error in judgement is grevious, but on top of that they or their spokespeople have said things that don't jive.

The one thing that comes to mind is I read {God knows where! ;} is a member of the family said when police entered the room the front door was laid open {manner of speach} and the shutter and window were open, one of them having been jimmied, I think the window.

I also read that LE stated on a TV program that there was no evidence of either a struggle or of anyone having broken in to the unit. What a difference.

Then there is the family or spokesperson saying hubby checked them at 9:30pm and the mom at 10 when Madeline was noticed missing. The restaurant stated the parents did not leave the restaurant to check on them, and I am assuming that means the check at 9:30.

Two disparities without even digging. That is why I agree the parents should be looked at, as well as the fact that they are the last ones to supposedly see her alive.

Are there any other disparities that come to mind? Scandi

Furious,i am with you. I have wondered myself, why everyone is convinced that she was abducted. Yes she is missing but, how would we know for sure that she was abducted? We can't possibly know that for sure because she was left alone with two younger children unsupervised. That fact being stated. Why is everyone so sure that she was abducted? Because her parent say so? I sure hope that people are not so focused on one theory that they "can't see the forest for the trees". I am not accusing her parents of harming her but, it would not be the first time that has happened. I too have thought about the possibility that Maddie woke up and left the room on her own to look for her parents and possibly met with foul play at that point or, was injured or has possibly drowned. The whole situation no matter what has happened is so tragic for this little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy