Anchor Stone Phillips out at NBC News

Dark Knight

Reaction score
NBC News is dropping "Dateline NBC" anchor Stone Phillips in a cost-cutting move when his contract expires at the end of June.

Phillips won't formally be replaced. His co-anchor, Ann Curry, will continue and other "Dateline NBC" reporters will serve as on-air hosts when the newsmagazine presents stories they're working on, the network said Tuesday.

"It's been a wonderful 15 years," Phillips said in a statement issued by NBC. "I'm profoundly appreciative of the many friends and colleagues, past and present, who have been a part of the `Dateline' family. This is a great news division with a bright future. I wish the people of NBC News all the best."

He didn't immediately return a call for further comment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070522/ap_on_en_tv/tv_nbc_phillips&printer=1

waaaaaaaa I am very disappointed. I for one love Stone Phillips. He imo is an excellent reporter. I will miss him.

oh no!!! I've always liked him....I like his name too :)

Ohhhh my! I thought he'd be there forever! Maybe this is a good thing for him to get something better 'cause I'm sure his career is not over - just wondering where he'll show up.

Does it matter who hosts Dateline? I used to like Mr. Phillips, but he doesn't seem to do much any more (unless I'm just not watching the right episodes).

I think computer-generated "talking heads" would do as well.

Whenever I think of Stone Phillips, this comes to my mind: Gravitas

:laugh:

I love Stone , too!
I cant remember which comedian it is who imitates him perfectly./..I think it was on MAD.

Figures, I like him. Just like lipstick. Find one you like and they get rid of it.

Eve

If Stone and Chris Hanson ever got together and had their own show.....whoo hoo...I'd sure like that!

waaaaaaaa I am very disappointed. I for one love Stone Phillips. He imo is an excellent reporter. I will miss him.

^^^^What she said....^^^^ up there^^^^!

Exactly, philamena...

:)waitasec: and by the way, philamena, I have noticed that if I just follow you around on the various threads here on our board at WS, I can save lots of WS space by just posting... "What she said..." after your posts.
Thanks! ;) )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back