ANCESTRY.com

Share-in

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just posted this on a new thread in the Genealogy Forum, but I wanted to get the word out to all of you genealogy seeking sleuths. You probably should go the other forum to you post.

SNIP: For every generation in this country there has been a war. And with wars come millions of records that can shed light on family history, detailing everything from the color of soldiers' eyes to what their neighbors may have said about them.

"Almost every family has a family member or a loved one that has served their country in the military."

The records, which can be accessed free until the anniversary of D-Day on June 6, came from the National Archives and Records Administration and include 37 million images, draft registration cards from both world wars, military yearbooks, prisoner-of-war records from four wars, unit rosters from the Marine Corps from 1893 through 1958, and Civil War pension records, among others.

Here's the link: news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070524/ap_on_hi_te/genealogy_war_records;_ylt=AkTz.bjC0RfK25nRExhcEuys0NUE

Share-in

Thanks for this info. I've been trying to find a great grand father on the census and can't find him or his kids anywhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back