Could this be Rose? Discussion on possible matches.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
We have had a few possible matches, rule outs, and I'm sure there will be more. We should post here anyone that we have discussed, ruled out, or still needs work. We can branch out if we find one that needs more work and their own thread....yes?

03-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Shadow205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow205
A possible Jane Doe at doenetwork

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/324ufca.html

The girl was found in 1979. The estimated age could be right.
If you clink on the link http://www.western-project.com/svenson/sve_img.html it will bring up this picture. I can see some likeness with Rose.

324UFCA6.jpg

This is amazing what this man Arne Svenson
has done with these recontructions.
<snip> from the article

Svenson: "I wanted them to be looking at us as if they're saying, 'Find me,' and also as if they're looking at their killer."

Shadow205
Quote:

If you clink on the link http://www.western-project.com/svenson/sve_img.html it will bring up this picture. I can see some likeness with Rose.

324UFCA6.jpg

<snip> from the article

Svenson: "I wanted them to be looking at us as if they're saying, 'Find me,' and also as if they're looking at their killer."

You are right Christine, Svenson's work is amazing. He brings the UID'd back to life. I wonder if he would be interested in assisting us in our little venture? Hmmm, can't hurt to ask huh?

Detective attempts try to ID Jane Doe
Trucker admitted strangling 'Jane Doe'
By Mark Gomez, MEDIANEWS STAFF
Article Launched: 06/28/2007 03:32:44 AM PDT

Detective Ronald Breuss keeps the sketch above his desk, an artist's rendering of a woman whose identity has remained a mystery for 14 years. Most likely a truck stop prostitute, her lifeless body was found in 1993 near Pacheco Pass on Highway 152, dumped there by convicted serial murderer Keith Hunter Jesperson.
Breuss, a cold case homicide investigator for the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office, likes to think the woman had a family, that someone once loved her and wonders what happened to her. So this summer Breuss will pack his car with copies of the sketch and hit the road. He will spend his own time and money in one last effort to put a name to the face.

If he strikes out, Breuss will close the case and put her file in an archive where "realistically no one will ever look at her again."

That's why her name matters so much to Breuss.

"She was a human being. She had a history ... and nobody could care less about that woman," said Breuss, a 26-year veteran in the sheriff's office.

He plans to drive I-5 posting her sketch with a plea for information along the way. "I care. She's entitled to somebody standing up for her. And in a lot of cases, the cold case officer is the last guy to stand up for somebody."

Even if that person was perhaps a down-on-her-luck prostitute, estranged from her family and addicted to drugs or alcohol. She wasn't from around here, just dumped in a remote part of the county. Breuss has theorized all of those scenarios.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_6249761?source=most_viewed

I can see some similarities. I think that it is worth a closer look. It sounds like Detective Beuss would be interested in pursuing this.

Off topic alittle but did you all see the reposted post on July 5 on the missing blog referenced above about the lady looking for her family? It seems she was snatched as a child, raised by a man and made to do awful things. Do you think Delia Cly strikes again or is this legit?

Off topic alittle but did you all see the reposted post on July 5 on the missing blog referenced above about the lady looking for her family? It seems she was snatched as a child, raised by a man and made to do awful things. Do you think Delia Cly strikes again or is this legit?

You know....wow, interesting observation..how about a thread? LOL. We could help or oust. It would be interesting to go into 'one' with Delia Cly on the mind, it certianly makes you think about all 4 sides of the square after witnessesing something like that. I wasn't involved, I was just hurt for my friends who were, spent so much time, and it was all a hoax! Anywho, how's bout it Rhett? Wanna?

Let me throw out another possibility here...I am doing a search for a woman who has never been listed as missing (many complications on it). However, I am wondering here, does anyone know if Jesperson gave this Doe the 39 yr old age? Or is it the detectives? In 1993, my missing person would have been 47, and looked much younger...I need some more info on this doe, she fits the location and actions of my missing...just need age approximation...unless of course, she turns out to be Rose...

Ohhhh, the endless possibilities with Jane Does! ;-)

My thoughts exactly when I read that.:eek:

Rhett or Shadow: Can you send me a link to this thread? Thanks!

Speaking of Delia Cly, I got an email from her recently. It was a chain letter but I couldn't believe that scam artist still had anyone from WS in her address book.

I couldnt find the post you were referring to but I am interested in seeing it.

Shadow205
Quote:

324UFCA6.jpg

<snip> from the article

I submitted the possible match for this person. Received an email that said she has been identified. It is not Rose. The lady that contacted me said the website needs to be updated. She didn't give me the identity of the woman.

I don't remember this UID ever being discussed. The first link is the Doe network drawings of her, and the 2nd link is the LV coroners morgue UID picture. Since we never really know how tall Rose grew, (and without proper nutrition is probably not as tall as she might have grown with a stable healthy diet)and eye color is hard to distinguish between brown/green/hazel after death, you never know.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/58ufnv.html

Warning, not for the squeamish
http://www.co.clark.nv.us/coroner/unidentified/photos/unid_indv_79-0968.htm

IW, your Doe had dentures. Did Rose have dentures?

I have looked at this girl before simply because having a full set of dentures at such a young age should make her easy to ID. Never had seen the morgue photo.

Thanks for the link.

IW, your Doe had dentures. Did Rose have dentures?

I have looked at this girl before simply because having a full set of dentures at such a young age should make her easy to ID. Never had seen the morgue photo.

Thanks for the link.

No Rose didn't have dentures when she left, (but then again not many 17-21 year olds do either). Little or no money, and living on the streets can change a lot of physical aspect's of a person. I could see how Roses dental health could have declined quickly. I can see all sorts of plausible explanations such as a free clinic, or a Dentist "Client". Also there are tons of periodontal diseases. I wonder if gum disease ran in her family.

You know, after really studying the doe network sketches, and looking at the actual morgue picture, it's no wonder this girl has never been identified. The pictures look nothing like the victim. Even the ears which are clearly visible in the morgue pic are completely different than in the sketches.

After rotating and enlarging the morgue pic and putting it side by side with all of Roses pictures, I keep thinking I'm seeing similar mole and freckle patterns. If you look at a close up of the side view of Rose with her Brothers and the morgue picture, there is a skin bump in the exact same location. (among other stuff I think I'm seeing) I'll write to the LV NV coroners office tonight and have them take a look. I'll let you all know if i hear anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back