Please vote-Non Profit GA Missing and UID Organization, Need Name.

What should we name GA's new NPO for the Missing and Unidentified

• GAMU- Georgia Advocates for the Missing and Unidentified

Votes: 47 47.0%
  • MGOM-Missing Georgians On My Mind

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • CSI GA- Case Support and Information GA

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • MAP GA - Mising Advocacy Project GA

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • GA LAMP - Located And Missing Persons information and Support

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • GUM - Georgia Unidentified and Missing

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please vote for the NPO being started in honor of Tybee, Joyce, of WS in GA.

Here are the suggested names...sincere thanks to each of you, for your support. It's been overwhelming the last 48 hours my email, myspace, phone, Pm's have gone off the hook!!!!!!!!!

victory.gif

Thread to discussion about starting NPO in GA
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49685

I voted for GAMU- Georgia Advocates for the missing and unidentified. To me that sounds very professional.

Please vote for the NPO being started in honor of Tybee, Joyce, of WS in GA.

Here are the suggested names...sincere thanks to each of you, for your support. It's been overwhelming the last 48 hours my email, myspace, phone, Pm's have gone off the hook!!!!!!!!!

victory.gif

Thread to discussion about starting NPO in GA
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49685

I like the first name on the poll. It wouldn't let me vote so guess I'm too late. : )

I like the first name on the poll. It wouldn't let me vote so guess I'm too late. : )

You are NOT late...it's open for 2 days...if you have trouble casting, tell it here, I will count it!!!!

I don't know why, maybe that's what Kelly meant..TRY AGAIN.

I just opened poll about 1 hour ago, and put it up for 2 days....Mods??

Ok, now it let me vote..lol. I don't know why I was disallowed the first time.

You are NOT late...it's open for 2 days...if you have trouble casting, tell it here, I will count it!!!!

Hi CHristine, thanks for messaging me, otherwise I might have missed your poll. I've had some computer problems and haven't been around very much.

I voted for GUM, - Georgia Unidentified and Missing. I think GUM is easy to remember, and catchy, as in 'gum' a word familiar to all of us. :)

I meant too late to get my suggestion in the running.

Of the other ones, I like LAMP because it makes me think of lighting the way in the darkness which can seem like the reality here sometimes.

The only problem with the first one is that it sounds like it is only advocates from Georgia involved - obviously there are sleuthers from all over everywhere here at WS!

I voted for GAMU- Georgia Advocates for the missing and unidentified. To me that sounds very professional.

Haven't voted yet - still trying to figure out if this is National or just Georgia. If you are going to go National it should be name that can go with all STATES. As for GAMU, sounds like a University to me, lol - I graduated from GAMU.....

I guess I'm going to vote for LAMP because it can go with any state.....

Haven't voted yet - still trying to figure out if this is National or just Georgia. If you are going to go National it should be name that can go with all STATES. As for GAMU, sounds like a University to me, lol - I graduated from GAMU.....

I guess I'm going to vote for LAMP because it can go with any state.....

Hiya Poco :) I am starting this org. in GA, for GA...my hopes is that others do the same...I think GAMU can go with any State (that's kinda why I wanted to add another A GA AMU, It could be for any state WA AMU, TX AMU yada yada). BTW, what r you doing up so early??? LOL, and the cat is drinking beer already this morning?????

Hiya Poco :) I am starting this org. in GA, for GA...my hopes is that others do the same...I think GAMU can go with any State (that's kinda why I wanted to add another A GA AMU, It could be for any state WA AMU, TX AMU yada yada). BTW, what r you doing up so early??? LOL, and the cat is drinking beer already this morning?????

I'm an early bird - up by 5 at the latest.
As for the cat - he doesn't stop drinking. Did a few AA meetings, but didn't help........

Good luck with your project.

I voted for LAMP as I agree it is universal and significant.

I agree.

My web guy (cmaine) called me this morning and said he wanted to start making logos for the leaders at this point...he said he liked GA LAMP, he was thinking lighthouse, Tybee.

I agree.

My web guy (cmaine) called me this morning and said he wanted to start making logos for the leaders at this point...he said he liked GA LAMP, he was thinking lighthouse, Tybee.

I just thought of something. Remember, the way that many let others know that they are safely home is to turn a LAMP on. Tara's (Grinstead's)neighbors said this is what she did every night to let them know she was safely home. So it works both ways... The ones who want their loved ones to come home have the Lamp, (light) burning... and the ones missing consciously or unconsiously signaled something was wrong when their light in their home did not come on as usual... Humm...:angel:

Totally agree WindChime, thta's exactly how I voted and why. :)

I agree.

See, now I've changed my mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back