Lisa S. DNA Reported Found In Husband's Truck.

CW

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Stebic Blood Found In Husband's Vehicle
Authorities Acknowledge Lisa Stebic Might Be Victim of Foul Play
SLIDESHOW: See This Week's News In Photos
Get breaking news alerts

Pamela Jones
Reporting

(CBS) Plainfield, Ill. There's a new lead in the disappearance of Lisa Stebic; it comes as friends and families mark the missing woman's birthday.

The Naperville Sun is quoting an unnamed police source saying police found a tarp in Craig Stebic's truck which has tested positive for his wife Lisa Stebic's blood.

The Will County State Attorney's Office will neither confirm nor deny that, saying the warrant is under seal.

It's information the missing woman's side of the family was surprised to hear.

In an e-mail from Melanie Greenberg, the Stebic family spokesperson, stated: "The family of Lisa Stebic was not aware of, and does not now know, the grounds on which the Plainfield Police Department obtained the search warrant executed at Lisa and Craig's home last Monday. We continue to have full confidence in the Plainfield Police Department, and do not wish to comment on the course of their investigation at this time. We remain thankful beyond words to all those who have supported us and sent their prayers for Lisa's safe return."

Satruday balloons lifted skyward against a setting sun in a tribute to Lisa Stebic on her 38th birthday.

The family said they are grateful for those who attended the candlelight vigil in Stebic's honor Saturday evening.

"It's just a difficult day in general because it's Lisa's 38th birthday and she's not here with us and she's not with her two children," said Melanie Greenberg, Stebic's cousin and family spokesperson.

The Naperville Sun reports a tarp investigators confiscated from Stebic's home as evidence has tested positive for Lisa Stebic's blood and that evidence sparked a judge to approve a search warrant on the home executed Monday.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_139213821.html

Uh oh! I was hoping for a different outcome but this is what everyone was leaning towards. This is a case where you don't want to be right! :banghead:

Uh oh! I was hoping for a different outcome but this is what everyone was leaning towards. This is a case where you don't want to be right! :banghead:

Yep, and they wonder why they always look to the husband first.

I did immediatley, without even knowing the circumstances.

I wouldn't jump to any quick or hasty opinions.

Although there "appears" to be some sort of blood evidence............

It has been a long time since it has been gathered and with local, county state & federal LE working the case there should have been a finding a while ago.

What is the status of this "blood".

Beings how there has been nothing announced I feel this so called evidence has led nowhere or we would have heard plenty about it.

I hope some othersort of info comes up to give direction in this case.

I wouldn't jump to any quick or hasty opinions.

Although there "appears" to be some sort of blood evidence............

It has been a long time since it has been gathered and with local, county state & federal LE working the case there should have been a finding a while ago.

What is the status of this "blood".

Beings how there has been nothing announced I feel this so called evidence has led nowhere or we would have heard plenty about it.

I hope some othersort of info comes up to give direction in this case.

Matt - You forget there was another more pressing case in Will County...which evidence needed to be processed first...that being the Vaughn case.
And, as many of us know ( or can surmise ) what may or may not be processed, yet, in Lisa's case will probably remain "under seal" until the full body of evidence can be gone through.
This is not CSI, any of its spin-offs or another 1-hour Crime Drama.
Perhaps, you are all looking for the proverbial "smoking gun"...but many cases don't fall under this umbrella.
What you "hear" would need to be released/leaked to the Media...which in turn could injure a possible Grand Jury indictment or other legal avenue of promulgating the case, (if there is one).
When things are said to be "under seal"...it is for a good reason.

Bottom Line: We must all be patient. very patient.

Patience, in this instance, is for those who believe we have enough Forensic Labs in this country to keep up with the pace of people being murdered, missing, or lost. My patience has been worn thin on this front. Maybe if we weren't so patient with the counties involved or patient with those at the national level...LE wouldn't have to wait so long. Perhaps activism is best when it is directed at such problems. When our MEs are overwhelmed and help is nowhere in sight...someone needs to speak up and do something about it. Families deserve results in a timely manner.

Patience, in this instance, is for those who believe we have enough Forensic Labs in this country to keep up with the pace of people being murdered, missing, or lost. My patience has been worn thin on this front. Maybe if we weren't so patient with the counties involved or patient with those at the national level...LE wouldn't have to wait so long. Perhaps activism is best when it is directed at such problems. When our MEs are overwhelmed and help is nowhere in sight...someone needs to speak up and do something about it. Families deserve results in a timely manner.

I agree with this, but besides the problem with having these reports done in a timely fashion, because they are so overwhelmed, there are also many jobs that have been rushed, done poorly, ME 101 mistakes made, ME reports rushed with loads of mistakes.

I have seen it. I have seen ME's do such a lackadaisical job because they are so overwhelmed, or maybe because...well, they don't have anyone to answer to. That in itself is a huge problem. It creates problems for Prosecutors and can jeopardize a case. Who's going to complain? The Prosecutor? He has that to work with, and has to base a case around a report that was done shoddily.

It's very hard for anyone to complain and who do you complain to? LE isn't going to jump ME's butt because there goes there case. DA isn't going to jump ME. Everyone can know the ME screwed up so who is going to complain and who do you complain to?

How does a family complain, when ME made mistakes? You really don't want to tick off the ME before trial and after trial....it's too late.

How do we get these problems fixed?

It isn't going to come on a local level. It has to be Federal. Start with the top and work your way down. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back