Still Missing GA - Sabrina Long, 19, Macon, 14 Aug 1991 *Arrest in 2018*

ihadcabinfever

Reaction score
SLong1.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/207dfga.html

Missing since August 14, 1991 from Macon, Bibb County, Georgia.
Classification: Involuntary

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: October 7, 1971
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 127 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark brown hair; blue eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Long was last seen at her stepfather's house in south Macon's Bloomfield area, where she was living, on August 14, 1991.
Long was born in Memphis, Tennessee, but grew up in Macon.
On August 13, 1991, Long worked her second shift job at Bibb Manufacturing. She got off work at 11 p.m. and stopped by her boyfriend's to trade cars - she'd been driving his Camaro because her truck was having problems. The boyfriend drove her home and left. Long phoned her mother between 12:30 AM and 1:30 AM. She said she was going to visit a neighbour.
Long's stepfather returned home at approximately 3:00 AM. The lights were on inside and Long's truck was in the driveway, but Long wasn't there.
Long's boyfriend arrived at her stepfather's home during the morning hours of August 15, looking for her. A call to Bibb Manufacturing revealed Sabrina hadn't called or shown up for work Wednesday. She also hadn't picked up her paycheck. Her work clothes from Tuesday were on the floor of her bedroom. Her purse and makeup were in the house. Her neighbor said that she never had plans to visit his house on August 14.
Long's mother said that her daughter received several obscene phone calls prior to her disappearance. Long scheduled an interview with a local company during the summer of 1991 and was excited about the possibility of working there. Her mother said that Long learned an appointment had never been scheduled when she called to confirm the time shortly afterwards.
There were rumors that Long had a secret boyfriend who lived near Lake Tobesofkee who might have picked her up. No evidence has been located to substansiate the rumors.
Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Long's whereabouts, please contact:
Georgia Bureau Of Investigation
800-597-TIPS
You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.
NCIC Number: M-784943015
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information: Georgia Bureau Of Investigation
The Macon Telegraph

Does anyone have information on this case ? I looked but I can't find it here in the search. This is scary.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/long_sabrina.html

Long's mother said that her daughter received numerous disturbing phone calls prior to her disappearance. Long scheduled an interview with a local company during the summer of 1991 and was excited about the possibility of working at the location. Her mother said that Long learned an appointment had never been scheduled when she called to confirm the time shortly afterwards. It is not clear if these events were connected to Long's case.
An anonymous woman called Long's stepfather's residence in 1992 and claimed she was Long. The caller requested assistance, then terminated the message. Long's mother reviewed the answering machine tape and concluded that the individual was not her daughter. Long's stepfather said that he heard a rumor that Long had a secret boyfriend who resided in the Lake Tobesofkee, Georgia area in 1991. There was speculation that the man may have picked up Long from her home on the night of her disappearance, but no evidence has been located to determine if the man exists. :confused:

Just bumping this up. Sabrina and her family lived a few streets over from my family.They moved into the neighborhood when I was in high school, her brother Jack is my age.

I am always looking for updates to this case but never seem to find anything.

I think about her often and wish they could find her and find out what happened to her. This August will be 17 years since she has been missing.

Bump

Sabrina has been missing 19 years today. Come home soon.

I worked with Sabrina when she disappeared. At the time of her disappearance, the notices sounded as if everything was OK at home. For a time shortly before she disappeared, she worked at night when there were only four of us in the building.
Several times, Sabrina mentioned that she would like to just leave. She said something about a younger sister she was worried about, if she did leave, though.
I remember her telling me about a potential job and not hearing about it again.
We worked for The Bibb Company: Bibb Manufacturing was a separate company with an office next to us.
She once said that she responded to an ad about modeling; she seemed to aspire to be a model. She said that the guy "creeped her out." It was about a month before she vanished when she told me and it seemed as if this may have been some time a month or so previous. Then she mentioned that she was worried that something strange might happen. I remember immediately thinking that, by the way she led to it and she looked at me to see how it affected me, she was setting this up and she was going to run away. Shortly before that, Sabrina started wearing more revealing clothes and acted a bit more flirtatious.
The police interviewed a bunch of people, but did not seem interested in questioning me.

To anyone posting comments on this site regarding Sabrina's disapperance, we have just been made aware that this site even exsisted. We have a renewed interest in the case and have a site set up for comments or just updates. We are on FACEBOOK and you can search Sabrina Leigh Long or 20th anniversary of Sabrina Leigh Longs disapperance. We are asking that anyone that is keeping up with this story to please contact her mother on fb Sue Ussery Corley or her sister Melissa Long or myself Janice Ussery Dowling. If you do have critical information and you never know what might be please go ahead and contact the GBI. We are trying our best to get this story back out in the community and pictures to help with the pieces we need to get answers and closure, we have not stopped looking or hoping that she is still out there somewhere waiting for us to bring her home! You might be the one to help us do that, so please do the search or feel free to contact us on fb or my email @ janice1953@cox.net.......!

Thank you,
Janice Dowling

Janbo there are a lot of people who spend their time reading here and helping to make sure your loved one and so many other's aren't forgotten.

I'm glad you are here and I will keep praying that Sabrina comes home soon to you all.

20th Anniversary

284669_105889019510330_100002676974428_33216_4472098_n.jpg
283183_105888852843680_100002676974428_33211_4247734_n.jpg

Facebook Event | Facebook Page

Like many young women, Sabrina Long had dreamed about her future. Her aunt, Janice Dowling, says Long wanted to be a model.

"This is my favorite one," Dowling says, looking a a photograph of Long, lounging, wearing a button-down shirt and blue jean, her head tilted to the side. "Because it's her, the playful side of her."

It's that memory Dowling hopes to keep alive. It has been 20 years since Long vanished from her stepfather's Bloomfield neighborhood home. The Bibb County 19-year-old had returned home after working a late shift at Bibb Manufacturing Company, Dowling says. Sabrina spoke her last words to her mother on August 14, 1991, they were, "I love you."

Read More: Bibb Family Uses Facebook to Renew Cold Case

I worked with Sabrina when she disappeared. At the time of her disappearance, the notices sounded as if everything was OK at home. For a time shortly before she disappeared, she worked at night when there were only four of us in the building.
Several times, Sabrina mentioned that she would like to just leave. She said something about a younger sister she was worried about, if she did leave, though.
I remember her telling me about a potential job and not hearing about it again.
We worked for The Bibb Company: Bibb Manufacturing was a separate company with an office next to us.
She once said that she responded to an ad about modeling; she seemed to aspire to be a model. She said that the guy "creeped her out." It was about a month before she vanished when she told me and it seemed as if this may have been some time a month or so previous. Then she mentioned that she was worried that something strange might happen. I remember immediately thinking that, by the way she led to it and she looked at me to see how it affected me, she was setting this up and she was going to run away. Shortly before that, Sabrina started wearing more revealing clothes and acted a bit more flirtatious.
The police interviewed a bunch of people, but did not seem interested in questioning me.

The modeling thing you mentioned is big information. Please call the tipline with that: 800-597-TIPS
. He seems like he could be a primo suspect. Very interesting info. Thanks for posting this.

To anyone posting comments on this site regarding Sabrina's disapperance, we have just been made aware that this site even exsisted. We have a renewed interest in the case and have a site set up for comments or just updates. We are on FACEBOOK and you can search Sabrina Leigh Long or 20th anniversary of Sabrina Leigh Longs disapperance. We are asking that anyone that is keeping up with this story to please contact her mother on fb Sue Ussery Corley or her sister Melissa Long or myself Janice Ussery Dowling. If you do have critical information and you never know what might be please go ahead and contact the GBI. We are trying our best to get this story back out in the community and pictures to help with the pieces we need to get answers and closure, we have not stopped looking or hoping that she is still out there somewhere waiting for us to bring her home! You might be the one to help us do that, so please do the search or feel free to contact us on fb or my email @ janice1953@cox.net.......!

Thank you,
Janice Dowling

Hi Janice,
I'm sorry to say that Searching for Sabrina Leigh Long on facebook yields nothing. You might want to check on the page and see if somethings' wrong.
I'm sure you already saw this comment, but someone who worked with Sabrina said that she was creeped out by a guy who wanted to photograph her and soon before she disappeared started acting more flirty and model-ly or something. Did police ever get tips about this photographer guy or search for him?
Best of luck. My heart is with you <3

Full story set to air tomorrow. Sabrina has been missing for 24 years now.

Middle Georgia Cold Cases: Out of Thin Air

Captain Jimmy Barbee says over the years people have called, but there's been no trace of Sabrina.

"People have called in, saying she's in the woods here or in the woods there. Those things have checked out and nothing was found," Barbee says.

Story.jpg

Full story set to air tomorrow. Sabrina has been missing for 24 years now.

Middle Georgia Cold Cases: Out of Thin Air

attachment.php

Glad to see this is going to be covered again locally -- sure hope someone who watches knows something and will be moved to share that info.

From your link, JusticeWillBeServed:

..."People have called in, saying she's in the woods here or in the woods there. Those things have checked out and nothing was found," Barbee says. ...

Gosh, I hope those tips have REALLY been "checked out", and thoroughly -- with HRD dogs.

Glad to see this is going to be covered again locally -- sure hope someone who watches knows something and will be moved to share that info.

Gosh, I hope those tips have REALLY been "checked out", and thoroughly -- with HRD dogs.

Agreed, they don't seem to have any idea on what could have happened to her so one of the tips called in could be the right one.

There was one confusing part from this story:

Days, then months, then years went by -- no trace of the 19-year-old.

Then Sabrina's mother got a call, could it be a clue?

"The mother said a male had called and talked with her about Sabrina going to Geico for a job interview. The mother didn't know anything about it. He left a name, the mother called Geico and they didn't know who this man was saying he's not part of this organization at all," Barbee says.

Another dead end.

They said years went by before the mother received this call. Was he calling to say that at the time of her disappearance she was applying and this could be relevant? Or that she had recently applied and the person was following through to schedule something? I guess ultimately, it was probably someone playing a cruel joke.

Also about the visit to a neighbor that night. Did she tell her boyfriend that she had this plan or did she tell him that she was going to sleep? I wonder if she told any close friends (or anyone) that she was meeting someone else for whatever reason. I'm assuming by now they would have spoken up about it but who knows. If she was asking her mom to call her back, she clearly had some reservations on what she was going to do that night.

[video=youtube;y7rBU5KuYo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rBU5KuYo4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rBU5KuYo4[/video]

Agreed, they don't seem to have any idea on what could have happened to her so one of the tips called in could be the right one.

There was one confusing part from this story:

They said years went by before the mother received this call. Was he calling to say that at the time of her disappearance she was applying and this could be relevant? Or that she had recently applied and the person was following through to schedule something? I guess ultimately, it was probably someone playing a cruel joke.

Also about the visit to a neighbor that night. Did she tell her boyfriend that she had this plan or did she tell him that she was going to sleep? I wonder if she told any close friends (or anyone) that she was meeting someone else for whatever reason. I'm assuming by now they would have spoken up about it but who knows. If she was asking her mom to call her back, she clearly had some reservations on what she was going to do that night.

The thing about the job interview IS confusing. Compare what's in the video to this, from her NAMUS (under "Circumstances"):

"...Long's mother said that her daughter received several obscene phone calls prior to her disappearance. Long scheduled an interview with a local company during the summer of 1991 and was excited about the possibility of working there. Her mother said that Long learned an appointment had never been scheduled when she called to confirm the time shortly afterwards...."

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/530/0/

Sounds as if something got garbled, either in the NAMUS info or in the report Skyler Henry did. The account of her evening's activity before she disappeared differs a bit between the two, as well.

Where is Sabrina Long? Her family searches for answers 26 years later

http://wgxa.tv/news/local/cold-case-sabrina-long-10-31-2017

Jones is one of the people on the case now. He says it wasn't necessarily strange for Sabrina to head to a neighbor's house late at night.

"She was just doing the neighborly thing; you know you're a female, do you think my mom would like this," he said.

Hatchcock says that to her, it seemed strange Sabrina called her mom and asked for a call back. Jones said that there is another strange
situation tied to a job application at Geico.

"She received a phone call from a guy about a job at Geico. Well, in the investigation they found there was no such person," he said.

Another detail Jones said raises a red flag, Sabrina's purse was still at home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back