Patsy's Headstone

Jay78

Reaction score
I found this when i was searching around about the case (as always it seems) forgive me if this has been shown already:

normal_patsy2.jpg

grace, love and faithfulness through all... interesting...

edit: The handwriting in the background is merely a photoshop done by the person who took the photo, it does not appear on the stone, the real stone appears:

pic1.jpg

I found this when i was searching around about the case (as always it seems) forgive me if this has been shown already:

normal_patsy2.jpg

grace, love and faithfulness through all... interesting...

edit: The handwriting in the background is merely a photoshop done by the person who took the photo, it does not appear on the stone, the real stone appears:

pic1.jpg

Thanks for posting the photos. I had not seen her headstone. I wonder who came up with the postscript of "grace, love and faithfulness..." John? Or perhaps it's something Patsy composed as her health failed.

Patsy knew she was dying - I'd be very surprised if she hadn't told family members what she wanted her stone to say.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are concerning Patsy's headstone. It's not a double headstone to include John upon his death. Does anyone find that strange?

I can see Patsy wanting her own headstone and not wanting to "share" with John. Since she knew she was going to die, as nuisanceposter pointed out, she probably had everything planned out.

I'm from the south and not sure what's the norm in other states. Down here it is very rare to see someone not go ahead and include the spouse. I just wonder if he has a plot there. It just strikes me as strange. I noticed Patsy's parents have a double headstone.
Thanks for responding. I have lurked here a very long time but somewhat shy about posting. So many informative intelligent people here!

Here in the Northeast, it is customary for spouses to be buried together. But there isn't always a double headstone. The plot itself may still be a double, but some plots allow for the coffins to be placed one over the other (in a single space) rather than next to each other (in a double space).
It's no big deal to add a name to a stone.
But JR may have assumed he'd remarry, or he may have a double plot with his first wife already.

Welcome to the forum 8paws and thanks for posting. Please continue to express your thoughts and opinions. I agree with you. I would have thought that Patsy would have wanted a stone to share with John. Just think of everything else they shared over the years. I'm sure she wouldn't have liked the thought of John re-marrying even if she knew it was inevitable. Who knows? Patsy may have wanted a double stone and John decided he didn't. After all, there's not a lot she can do about it now!

Thanks for the welcome. I will try to get braver and post more thoughts. I don't think that John would have a plot with his first wife since they were divorced. But surely he and Patsy like any other couple talked about where they would be buried. Something in me keeps wondering if there's a reason he has chosen to not be buried by her...if that's the reason for the single headstone. It would seem strange where I live. If he was a much younger man I would think that he may plan on remarrying and having a life with someone else and be buried with by them.

I think John will definitely be buried in that cemetery because he would want to be buried near Beth.

Here in the Northeast, it is customary for spouses to be buried together. But there isn't always a double headstone. The plot itself may still be a double, but some plots allow for the coffins to be placed one over the other (in a single space) rather than next to each other (in a double space).
It's no big deal to add a name to a stone.
But JR may have assumed he'd remarry, or he may have a double plot with his first wife already.

Didn't he date Natalee Holloway's mother for a while?

Grace, Love and Faithfulness...maybe that's a last dig at John.

Patsy would have planned her own funeral. Lots of people do, my mother inlaw being one of them (she hated flowers on graves and made sure she was in a place that didnt allow it). My mother in law, also odered her own headstone, she left us literally nothing to do but show up. Even her affairs were settled. I see PR being the same way especially since it was her last curtain call.

I am sure Patsy made her wishes known- she was a long-time cancer patient. Heck, I am healthy and I have planned mine. (Viking-stye with flaming arrows and the Gotterdammerung from Der Ring Des Neibelungen playing).

I am sure Patsy made her wishes known- she was a long-time cancer patient. Heck, I am healthy and I have planned mine. (Viking-stye with flaming arrows and the Gotterdammerung from Der Ring Des Neibelungen playing).

WOW, I guess you and I really DO think alike!

After giving it more thought, I agree with ya'll (the term Ya'll is allowed on here right, I am from the south, so ya'll gotta let me have that one). With what we have seen of Patsy's personality, I think she would have planned everything too. She probably even picked the headstone herself. So....where do ya'll think John will be buried?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back