GUILTY IL - Naomi Arnette, 36, Sadorus, 21 May 2007

Not only was her hubby the last to see her go, but they are in the midst of a Divorce, she left 7 kids, and her car is still in the drive.

Sound familiar.....you bet it does.

This is suspicious:
Family members say the two are in the middle of a divorce. Our own Christina Wall interviewed Arnette Monday night, for a separate story about sex offenders on Myspace. Robert Arnette is a convicted child predator, and we found him on Myspace. He talked with Wall about Arnette, but never mentioned she was missing. He only said the two were getting a divorce.

So did she find out he was molesting her children, a fight broke out, and she conveniently disappeared?

Geez... I am just feeling an overwhelming sense of doom in this world.

Mr. E,

It makes me wonder what the family problems were. The family member has had the children for months.

Naomi was trying to get them back, according to an article I read.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2007/05/25/disappearance_of_sadorus_woman_perplexes_friends

Hyatt said she's perplexed by several details of the disappearance, especially because Arnette is fighting to regain custody of her seven children. The kids, who are between the ages of 7 and 17, are currently wards of the Department of Children and Family Services and living with a relative. Hyatt said Arnette has been fighting to get them back.

and

Arnette's brother, Charles Lechel, also is puzzled by her disappearance.

Lechel said he hadn't spoken to his older sister much lately because he's been working a lot. But he knows she's never left before without telling anyone.

"She was a churchgoer, a good person," Lechel said, adding that she doesn't smoke, drink or go to bars.

Also, Nancy Grace covered this case. Transcript:

Scroll past the Lohan debacle.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0705/29/ng.01.html

I'll tell you what it sounds like to me. it sounds like some possible molestation was going on by this guy (stepfather?) of the kids, and/or bad arguments between the parents, and Naomi had the kids staying with her sister, and somehow the state got involved...and maybe Naomi was unable to leave this guy b/c of financial reasons, or get him out of the home, which is why she was having trouble getting the kids back. And it sounds like a bad fight on Monday likely led to this guy doing away with her. The same old, horrible story. Just awful. Those poor, poor children. :(

Did I read correctly in the court tv transcripts that there was a boyfriend too?
With personal experience I can say that if child services had reason to believe he was molesting the kids they would tell the mother to find a place for the kids, or hubby has to go. Sometimes it's only for a specific amount of time, in our case it was 6 months. I guess it's not uncommon for the Moms to misplace the children instead of giving the offender the boot. Of course, he could have threatened her if she was thinking about keeping the children home and asking him to leave. This is all just my speculation.

How sad that this woman is hardly getting any media coverage....7 children are missing their mother!

How sad that this woman is hardly getting any media coverage....7 children are missing their mother!

I saw a very short segment about her on Nancy Grace...other than that, NOTHING.
Very sad.

Here are some possible aspects in regards of media coverage (or lack their of) on her:

1. being as she is a mother without the custody of her kids, this image sometimes doesn't fit into some media outlet's cookie cutter profile of what a good mom is, so therefore they won't give her case air time.

2. Then there are those outlets that will report it, but they will focus more on why she lost her kids, and then get to her disappearance like it is an after thought or something.

3. Then there are those few media outlets that will focus and report on the fact that she is an innocent person and mother gone missing. They will touch on the fact that she was fighting to get her kids back, not as a way to put a dark light on her, but to uplift her image. This kind of reporting will be few and far between... IMO.

There are other media reporting aspects, but those 3 are what first comes to mind. Thankfully, places like Websleuths exist where we can do our part to get information out there... something I have learned in my few short months of being here is that this place makes a difference in the lives of the missing and those searching for the missing. Mucho respect to all of you... this mother just got a hard working community on her case... hopefully she will be reunited with her babies, soon.

I'm not sure if they were removing them. The only thing I've heard is that they were going to give a list of registered sex offender's with myspace accounts to authorities.

Well since her cell phone is still on, hopefully they can track it someway to see where it is before the battery dies!!!!

I wonder how long ago he was arrested for child molestation and who the child or children were?

It sounds to me like the state took all of the kids out of the home and are either investigating the dad or they were removed as a result of his previous record. The state would allow the children to live with a relative if there is someone that the children would be safe with.

I would also guess that the children being out of the home is why this mom has filed for divorce. She wants her children and couldn't get them back unless they are divorced and she isn't living with him. The children probably aren't allowed around the dad at all.

I think that the dad murdered the mother too. This story is the same as a lot we have read but with different names. I will never understand why two people that are getting a divorce stay living in the same home. It seems to lead to murder more often then not. This guy probably didn't want to support 7 kids after the divorce was final. I have a feeling it won't take to long for LE to nail this guy. He's a real loser and hopfully not to bright as far as hiding a body or covering up evidence.

If this mom is fighting for her kids it is doubtful that she would just take off. My heart goes out to her kids trying to find their mother. That is just so sad.

A lot of other people have started posting as well. It's getting pretty strange.

So Far:

Deedrick - Estranged Husband
Angroy - Hubby's Sis. and person who has the 7 children in her care
4TheRecord - An acquintance and prison penpal of Angel (The new Boyfriend)
Maggee - Sounds like a family friend but the Hubby doesn't know her and she DOES NOT like the Hubby at all
Noelle13 - Claims to be a friend of Naomi Arnette (Not sure about her yet)

I've not heard anything for days on this woman! Does anyone have any updates?

Deedrick's first couple of postings sounds like he is trying to paint a fairy tale picture... he makes out that him and the wife are still friends, regardless of the breakup, that it was okay between them, and him and the step-daughter he molested do not have ill-will with each other over the molestation charge. (Mind you, he claims he never touched her, and voluntarily took the lesser plea deal in regards of the case). Something smells fishy about all of that..

Strange, indeed... stranger that him, being a convicted child predator, would even have the b***s to go and post on a criminal investigation board. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back