The White's and The Fernie's

armywife210

Reaction score
Perhaps it has been discussed here and I have missed it, but I read somewhere that the White's are no longer friends with the Ramsey's and haven't been for quite some time. Was this break immediately after Jonbenet's death (shortly following) or what? I wonder what Fleet and John were fighting about that day. It seems an odd time to be fighting with your friends, doesn't it?
Has anyone heard about the Fernie's/Ramsey's?
I think it was in DOI that I read a quote from Patsy saying something about finding out who her true friends are. From what she was writing it seemed she had none.
Had her friends truely believed in their innocence, surely that night would have bound them for life because of their experience.
Of course I am of the RDI variety. I keep trying to think up a different scenerio but it just doesn't add up that way.

I know at some point Barbara Fernie expressed dismay that she thought she was grieving more than Patsy (or that Patsy wasn't really grieving at all), and has since severed ties with the Rs, but I thought I had heard JR and JF were still on speaking terms.

Interesting to me is that Barbara Fernie is named as one of Patsy's friends who were planning the "mega JonBenet thing" intervention for after the holidays. Imo, it sounds like BF et al thought JonBenet needed an adult to speak to Patsy about the pageantry on her behalf. I always wonder if things would have been different had they had the intervention before Christmas.

The Whites had a huge falling out with the Rs while in Atlanta, for the funeral, and there is great animosity between them to this day. I believe that the Whites had begun to suspect the Rs knew more than they were saying, and opposed the Rs dodgy behavior, non-cooperation, lawyering up right away to hide, etc.

Thanks for the input!!! I know that I had all of this information in my noggin (and in a huge binder full of notes), but I haven't been doing much on this case in the last few months... Been so busy with my kids, my husband, my family.
Weren't Fleet and John seen fighting at the house the day Jonbenet's body was found???? Before her body was even out of the house???????
I would love to know what was said.

Thanks for the input!!! I know that I had all of this information in my noggin (and in a huge binder full of notes), but I haven't been doing much on this case in the last few months... Been so busy with my kids, my husband, my family.
Weren't Fleet and John seen fighting at the house the day Jonbenet's body was found???? Before her body was even out of the house???????

I would love to know what was said.

Not according to anything I've read. Burke was still at the White's home until early evening, I believe.

FW began early on to be upset at the Rs apparent lack of cooperation with LE, and also with their hiring of lawyers almost immediately.
The Rs began insinuating FW and also PW as suspects within days, though they remained "friends" until the funeral in Atlanta, which was only a week or so later. That's where the fight over the R's behavior occurred.
Unfortunately, the Rs used this to their advantage. They often mentioned the "bizarre" behavior of FW to LE.

I know at some point Barbara Fernie expressed dismay that she thought she was grieving more than Patsy (or that Patsy wasn't really grieving at all), and has since severed ties with the Rs, but I thought I had heard JR and JF were still on speaking terms.

Interesting to me is that Barbara Fernie is named as one of Patsy's friends who were planning the "mega JonBenet thing" intervention for after the holidays. Imo, it sounds like BF et al thought JonBenet needed an adult to speak to Patsy about the pageantry on her behalf. I always wonder if things would have been different had they had the intervention before Christmas.

The Whites had a huge falling out with the Rs while in Atlanta, for the funeral, and there is great animosity between them to this day. I believe that the Whites had begun to suspect the Rs knew more than they were saying, and opposed the Rs dodgy behavior, non-cooperation, lawyering up right away to hide, etc.

I recall reading somewhere that the Fernie's had asked the R's not to contact them anymore.
Right, FW was angry at JR for 'taking the advice of the attorneys' (I say it like that b/c I don't think JR would have talked to LE so soon anyway ),and not talking to LE ..hiding behind the lawyers,appearing on CNN ..but yet refusing to speak to police,etc.And who can blame them..anyone honest and caring would feel the same way.
BTW, JR lied in DOI when he says it was FW's idea for them to go on CNN! ..I think not !!
I don't think the intervention talk would have done any good..Patsy seemed like the kind of person who would take offense to that and just refuse to speak to them anymore..I think she already had it in her head the way she wanted JB to appear in the pageants and nothing would have changed it.I think in one of the interviews she talks about PW saying something about it,and Patsy just made out like she was jealous b/c her own daughter wasn't as talented.

I thought for sure that I'd read somewhere where FW and JR were fighting sometime on the 26th in the Ramsey home. The immediately quietted down when someone else entered the room. I am scouring my endless notes, books, and the internet for it as we speak.
Maybe it was days afterward. Maybe at FW's house.. but it was immediately hushed as LE or someone walked in the room.

Ok, found it. It was on Dec 31, witnessed by many people. And it was over JR's lack of cooperation with police and lawyering up.
It seemed to strange to me though, even at that point, for a friend to turn on a friend unless FW had some serious doubts about JRs innocence. I can see having an intense discussion but I would never start arguing with my best friend who had just lost their child unless I had questions about his innocence. I guess I would assume that they just weren't thinking correctly because of the incredible loss, and try to help them make the right decisions... calmly. UNLESS... I thought they were guilty.
Anyone following me?
Has FW ever spoken publicly about what he really feels happened?

I remember FW saying his suspicions about JR were raised on the 26th after JR found his daughter's body in the wineceller. FW had looked in there earlier, unbeknownst to JR, and saw nothing. Later he followed right behind JR into the wineceller and saw JBR on the floor in the white blanket. He mentioned that despite all the horror of the moment, when he though about it, that where the body lay it SHOULD have been visible to him, even though he didn't know where the light switch to the room was. That there was enough light spilling into the wineceller from the hallway, and the body would have been seen, especially as it was wrapped in a white blanket, IF it had been there earlier. I think that realization is what started FW's suspicions about JR.

Ok, found it. It was on Dec 31, witnessed by many people. And it was over JR's lack of cooperation with police and lawyering up.
It seemed to strange to me though, even at that point, for a friend to turn on a friend unless FW had some serious doubts about JRs innocence. I can see having an intense discussion but I would never start arguing with my best friend who had just lost their child unless I had questions about his innocence. I guess I would assume that they just weren't thinking correctly because of the incredible loss, and try to help them make the right decisions... calmly. UNLESS... I thought they were guilty.
Anyone following me?
Has FW ever spoken publicly about what he really feels happened?

I think FW is saving some of what he knows in case of a trial,though that chance is remote.
I follow you,I think so,too.I think Fleet had suspicions the moment JR found her...thus he went back to the WC and looked at the tape...I think he was just in sheer shock.And I think combined w the R's behavior,it all led to him coming to an understanding that the R's were involved in her death somehow,or knew what happened to her, at the least,and who did it.It must have been agonizing for him..I can't imagine how he felt.

Poor Fleet...trying to help out in any way that he could. He was taking notes on the 26th...what was done, what should be done. Johns explanation to detectives was that Fleet was trying to be helpful. John also said that he believes in no way would Fleet White kill his daughter but in the same breath would not rule out Priscilla.

I think FW is saving some of what he knows in case of a trial,though that chance is remote.
I follow you,I think so,too.I think Fleet had suspicions the moment JR found her...thus he went back to the WC and looked at the tape...I think he was just in sheer shock.And I think combined w the R's behavior,it all led to him coming to an understanding that the R's were involved in her death somehow,or knew what happened to her, at the least,and who did it.It must have been agonizing for him..I can't imagine how he felt.

What is WC??????/

Poor Fleet...trying to help out in any way that he could. He was taking notes on the 26th...what was done, what should be done. Johns explanation to detectives was that Fleet was trying to be helpful. John also said that he believes in no way would Fleet White kill his daughter but in the same breath would not rule out Priscilla.

This is the kind of crap that makes me zero right in on the Ramseys. There is no reason to do this unless you are desperate to take the light off yourself.

Wine cellar.

Thanks NP. I wish, I really wish that he would one day write what he thinks. Maybe he feels for Burke and would not do it for that reason. I know he thinks they are invovled - from the letters he wrote. But if you are willing to do that far?

Maybe he just has had enough of it.

Thanks NP. I wish, I really wish that he would one day write what he thinks. Maybe he feels for Burke and would not do it for that reason. I know he thinks they are invovled - from the letters he wrote. But if you are willing to do that far?

Maybe he just has had enough of it.

I think the intimidation factor is still too high. Having first hand knowledge about this crime would be like knowing about organized crime operations. You are in more danger than the criminals. That is the new landscape thanks to people like Lin Wood.

The one tyranny the constitution doesn't protect us from is lawyers.

I think the intimidation factor is still too high. Having first hand knowledge about this crime would be like knowing about organized crime operations. You are in more danger than the criminals. That is the new landscape thanks to people like Lin Wood.

Yes and Steve Thomas lost his house in fighting them. But what about Tom Miller who has published his book in Japan (Japan is interested in the legal workings of our judicial system - good and bad - they are going to see the bad). He is giving readings in Boulder now. He comes right out and says the Ramseys are involved.

Yes and Steve Thomas lost his house in fighting them. But what about Tom Miller who has published his book in Japan (Japan is interested in the legal workings of our judicial system - good and bad - they are going to see the bad). He is giving readings in Boulder now. He comes right out and says the Ramseys are involved.

Wish I could read Japanese.

Good one :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back