GUILTY CO - Lisa Williford for child endangerment, Colorado Springs, 2007

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Mother Arrested After Children Wander For Food

Four children found wandering a neighborhood in search of food led police to a dehydrated and malnourished 15-month-old boy.

The boy was found in a crib wearing a diaper that had not been changed in at least 12 hours, Colorado Springs Detective Terry Duran said Friday. Lisa Williford, 30, was jailed Wednesday night on suspicion of felony child abuse.

Williford had left four children, ages 4, 3, 2 and 15 months old in the care of an 8-year-old to go work as a security guard. The children are now in foster care.

Officers found no food in the house that was littered with garbage and clothes and emitted an odor that could be detected in the yard.

"I've never seen a house in that bad condition," Duran said.

I am not saying waht thsi women did was right but, this women went to work atleast she wasn't out to dinner with friends.

What did she do with her paycheck? It certainly wasn't to purchase food for her children! :furious:

I am not saying waht thsi women did was right but, this women went to work atleast she wasn't out to dinner with friends.

She left a 4 year old to watch 4 younger children, and there was no food. IMO it doesn't matter if she was whoring around or working, these children were hungry and endangered. However, I do respect your opinion.

She left a 4 year old to watch 4 younger children, and there was no food. IMO it doesn't matter if she was whoring around or working, these children were hungry and endangered. However, I do respect your opinion.

It was an eight year old she left to watch the others. Doesn't change much though, your point still stands. ;)

baker I don't at all think whatt she did was right. I just find it interseting that we are holding her to a different standard than we hold others.

Those poor hungry kids. I know an eight year old can keep a couple smaller ones entertained awhile playing, but can no way take care of children for hours home all alone. The woman would have done better by her kids to have gone whoring at night while they were in bed asleep. At least she would have made more money and ability to purchase food and a sitter. I wish we could hear the whole story of some of these lately like the circumstance, ability to get help, etc.

Ok so who did the 8 year old babysitter belong to?.. What parent of an 8 year old would let their child babysit 4 kids or let them babysit period?..

Ok so who did the 8 year old babysitter belong to?.. What parent of an 8 year old would let their child babysit 4 kids or let them babysit period?..

The eight year old was also her child, I do believe. Nothing in the article suggested otherwise.

ETA: See the quote here, there were five children total.

cbs4denver said:
Williford had left four children, ages 4, 3, 2 and 15 months old in the care of an 8-year-old to go work as a security guard. The children are now in foster care.

I am really sick to my stomach now. That poor 8yo shouldering so much responsibility, what a brave little guy to go get help. And the baby, the way he was left to die in the crib! I hope he lives.

I have to wonder if the 8yo attended school - they would have noticed the lice?

She is either mentally handicapped or on drugs or criminally negligent.

I am just sick to my stomach about those children being left like that.

I hope they are lucky enough to find better parents.

How could she be out on bail? That is the sick! She doesn't deserve freedom, no matter what the cause of this.

from her pic it seems she was not missing many meals.

She is either mentally handicapped or on drugs or criminally negligent.

I am just sick to my stomach about those children being left like that.

I hope they are lucky enough to find better parents.

How could she be out on bail? That is the sick! She doesn't deserve freedom, no matter what the cause of this.

I was wondering why she is out too! There should be many, many charges against her. Good lord. Including negligent attempted homicide. (If there is such a charge available). And she doesn't feed her kids but can afford bail?

And she totally doesn't care for or about them but sure cared about herself and got herself taken care of quick.

IF that is her myspace account she mentions getting 9 tattoos. That cost money right there that could go for food and care for the kids.

And I noticed she said she was a single mom, but on another part of the myspace it asks about kids and her answer was she didn't want any!

These children should never, ever ,see her again. I hope the poor little baby makes it and somehow will be healthy.

On myspace, the default answer about children is set to not wanting any I think. So if a person doesn't change it, it stays that way.

Sherri that is exactly what I thought when I looked at her picture. She is quite chubby if you ask me..what a loser. I would be the one looking malnourished if it came down to who gets the food in this house not my kids..ever...:(

from her pic it seems she was not missing many meals.

November 17, 2008 10:00 PM

DENNIS HUSPENI
THE GAZETTE
A judge Monday ordered a Colorado Springs woman to prison for 16 years for neglecting her five children so badly that the infant was almost starved to death and all appeared "feral" when they were taken from her.

Lisa Williford, 32, previously pleaded guilty to felony child abuse causing serious bodily injury and four misdemeanor child abuse charges in an agreement with prosecutors.

Chief 4th Judicial District Judge Kirk Samelson could have sentenced Williford to between 10 and 16 years.

He chose the top end after hearing from the Colorado Springs police detective who investigated the case, seeing a video of the home in the 3400 block of Greenwood Circle and hearing from the woman who adopted three of the children.

snip

Her public defender, Patricia Behan, said Williford willingly terminated her parental rights, wanted the plea deal to avoid a trial for the kids' sake and has taken steps "that have prevented herself from ever being able to have children."

Much more at link about the condition of the children and their progress in their foster home. The older children are with relatives. The 3 youngest are with a foster mother, who testified at the trial.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/children-43628-boy-years.html

Lisa Williford

Housed: Denver Women's Correctional Facility
Sentence Date: 11/17/2008

Offense: 1 count Felony Child Abuse-SBI
Offense: 4 counts Misdemeanor Child Abuse
Sentence: 16 years

Estimated Parole Eligibility Date: 02/15/2016
Estimated Mandatory Release Date: 02/15/2024

November 17, 2008 10:00 PM

DENNIS HUSPENI
THE GAZETTE
A judge Monday ordered a Colorado Springs woman to prison for 16 years for neglecting her five children so badly that the infant was almost starved to death and all appeared "feral" when they were taken from her.

Lisa Williford, 32, previously pleaded guilty to felony child abuse causing serious bodily injury and four misdemeanor child abuse charges in an agreement with prosecutors.

Chief 4th Judicial District Judge Kirk Samelson could have sentenced Williford to between 10 and 16 years.

He chose the top end after hearing from the Colorado Springs police detective who investigated the case, seeing a video of the home in the 3400 block of Greenwood Circle and hearing from the woman who adopted three of the children.

snip

Her public defender, Patricia Behan, said Williford willingly terminated her parental rights, wanted the plea deal to avoid a trial for the kids' sake and has taken steps "that have prevented herself from ever being able to have children."

Much more at link about the condition of the children and their progress in their foster home. The older children are with relatives. The 3 youngest are with a foster mother, who testified at the trial.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/children-43628-boy-years.html

Lisa Williford

Housed: Denver Women's Correctional Facility
Sentence Date: 11/17/2008

Offense: 1 count Felony Child Abuse-SBI
Offense: 4 counts Misdemeanor Child Abuse
Sentence: 16 years

Estimated Parole Eligibility Date: 02/15/2016
Estimated Mandatory Release Date: 02/15/2024

Thanks, Belinda.

This so hits home. I have a friend who this happened to. Dad was in prison and one day mom just left. She left a 3, 7, and 10 year old alone to fend for themselves. My friend also recalls there was a little baby sister.

How sad is that. Sad for these children as well as my friend and her siblings. She said even being just 3 years old you know hungry and you'll go find food. Anywhere.

Oh good lookout on this lady taking preventive measures on not having anymore children. Duh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back