http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1819dfar.html
Machael Heidi Al-Omary
Missing since August 14, 1997 from Jonesboro, Craighead County, Arkansas
Classification: Family Abduction

MHAlomary.jpg

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: July 11, 1992
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 5 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'0"-3'4"; 38 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White / Saudi Arabian female. Dark Brown, shoulder length hair usually worn in a pony tail; brown eyes. Speaks fluent English and some Arabic.
  • Marks, Scars: Mole on heel.
  • Clothing: Shorts and a sleeveless top.
  • AKA: Heidi; Misshi.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Al-Omary was last seen in Jonesboro, Arkansas on August 14, 1997. She was abducted by her non-custodial father, Abdulbaset A.M. Al-Omary during a court ordered visitation.
Abdul phoned Machael's mother, Margaret, the night of August 14, 1997 from Saudi Arabia. The message on the phone call said: "Hi Margaret, how's it going?. We are calling here from Saudi Arabia... and Misshi (Heidi) is here with me. She says, Hi. I'm willing to make a deal. If you wish to have further communications with your darling daughter, you drop all charges of child support and not bother me when I return here to the United States. I'll call you sometime in the future. Good Bye."
Abdul called Margaret about 10 minutes later. He demanded no child support in the future, he wanted full custody of Heidi, and for her to drop all court judgments against him.
Margaret begged him for the return of Heidi and stated that no charges would be pressed. Abdul allowed Heidi to talk to her mom for a brief few seconds. That was the last time Margaret ever spoke to her daughter.
An International Parental Kidnapping warrant was issued for the abductor on August 20, 1997.
Machael and Abdulbaset are thought to be in Saudi Arabia. They may have also travelled to Sweden.

This is such a horrible case. I can only imagine how helpless her mother Margaret must feel-- knowing who has her daughter and where they are (generally), but not being able to get to her, or even talk to her on the phone.

Pages with more information about Machael Heidi:
http://www.thecpac.com/Heidi-O.html
http://www.angelfire.com/rock/cribbage/heidi.html

It reminds me a lot of Maureen Dabbagh and her daughter Nadia. Nadia was taken to Saudi Arabia and then Syria by her father in 1992 and her mother has also had no contact with her since then.

[SIZE=+1]MACHEL HEIDI AL-OMARY[/SIZE]

Machel's Photo:

NCMC836567c1.jpg

Case Type: Family Abduction
Sex: Female
DOB: Jul 11, 1992
Race: White
Missing Date: Aug 13, 1997
Height: 3'0" (91 cm)
Age Now: 14
Weight: 38 lbs (17 kg)
Missing City: JONESBORO
Hair Color: Brown
Missing State : AR
Eye Color: Brown
Missing Country: United StatesCase Number: NCMC836567Circumstances: Machael was abducted by her non-custodial father, Abdulbaset A.M. Al-Omary. An International Parental Kidnapping warrant was issued for the abductor on August 20, 1997. Child's full name is Machael Heidi Al-Omary. The abductor may travel to Saudi Arabia with the child. The abductor may use the alias first name of Abdul or Abdulbaset and the alias last names of Al-Jawdat, Omary, Al-Hedaithy, Al-Ghofaili or Saber.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Machael Heidi Al-Omary

Photos of Machel:

al-omary_machael.jpg
al-omary_machael2.jpg
al-omary_machael3.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: August 14, 1997 from Jonesboro, Arkansas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: July 11, 1992
Height and Weight: 3'0 - 3'4, 38 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair, brown eyes. Machael is right-handed. Her nicknames are Mishi and Binti and she may go by her middle name, Heidi. Some agencies spell her first name "Machel." She spoke fluent English and some Arabic at the time of her abduction. Machael is described as a picky eater. She is of Caucasian and Saudi Arabian descent. Her hair was worn shoulder-length and in a ponytail at the time of her abduction. Machael has a mole on her heel. Clothing/Jewelry Description: A sleeveless top and shorts.
Details of DisappearanceMachael was abducted by her non-custodial father, Abdulbaset Ahmed Mohammed Al-Omary. Her mother, Margaret McClain (sometimes given as "McClains"), dropped her off for visitation with Abdulbaset on August 12, 1997. The next day, Abdulbaset told his wife, Machael's stepmother, that he was taking Machael to Memphis, Tennessee for the day. They apparently never returned. McClain claims to have received two telephone calls from Abdulbaset on August 14, the day he was supposed to return Machael. He told her that he and Machael were in Saudi Arabia and he would not return Machael until McClain agreed to drop all court actions and claims of child support against him, and allow him to have full custody of the child. McClain was allowed to talk to her her daughter for a few minutes. She says she never heard from Machael or Abdulbaset again. An international parental kidnapping warrant was issued for Abdulbaset on August 20, 1997. Machael and Abdulbaset are thought to be in Saudi Arabia; he has relatives in the cities of Jeddah and Riyadh. They may also have traveled to Sweden. Her case remains unsolved.

Abdulbaset Ahmed Mohammed Al-Omary

Photos of Abductor:

al-omary_dad.jpg
al-omary_dad2.jpg
al-omary_dad3.jpg
al-omary_dad4.jpg

Above Images: Abdulbaset A. M. Al-Omary
Date of Birth: April 6, 1968
Height and Weight: 6'2, 230 - 240 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black curly hair, black eyes. Abdulbaset may use the alias first name Abdul and the alias last names Al-Jawdat, Omary, Al-Hedaithy, Al-Ghofaili and/or Saber. Some agencies spell his first name "Abdullbasset." He has a heavy, muscular build. He may have a full beard and mustache. He may wear his hair closely shaved. Abdulbaset has very long fingers which curve outward at the tips. He wears eyeglasses, usually the type that darken indoors. He speaks Arabic and English with a thick Arabic accent. Abdulbaset is a very religious Muslim. He has a master's degree in computer science from Arkansas State University and may be working as a computer programmer, operator or instructor. He has some teaching experience as a graduate assistant in mathematics. Abdulbaset enjoys archery. He has a violent temper but appears mild-mannered to people who do not know him.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Jonesboro Police Department
870-935-5562

When Abdulbaset called Margaret, this is the message he left on her machine:

"Hi Margaret, how's it going?. We are calling here from Saudi Arabia... and Misshi (Heidi) is here with me. She says, Hi. I'm willing to make a deal. If you wish to have further communications with your darling daughter, you drop all charges of child support and not bother me when I return here to the United States. I'll call you sometime in the future. Good Bye."

He called her again ten minutes later and he said that he wanted full custody of Heidi and all charges to be dropped. Margaret got to talk to Heidi for a few seconds.

It has been eleven years since Adulbaset kidnapped Heidi. It is time for her to come home to her mother and family who loves and misses her.
If you have ANY INFORMATION, PLEASE call the police or the Jonesboro PD at 870-935-556. They are probably in Saudi Arabia or Sweden. Abdulbaset has relatives in Jiddah and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

This is such a heartbreaking story, the mother did get to visit her daughter , but not surprisingly she has been brainwashed:

The link has the whole story and explains sharia law:

http://www.newenglishreview.org/Jerry_Gordon/An_American_Child_Kidnapped_in_Accordance_with_Shariah/

McClain: Heidi was allowed to visit her father every other weekend and six weeks in the summer, although in actuality, she did not spend much of that time with him. Sometimes he traveled to Saudi Arabia for months at a time, so Heidi barely knew him. On weekends, he would keep her for a few hours and then drop her off back at home. I found out that on one of his trips home, he had married his cousin and brought her back to the US. I never saw the woman, but Heidi told me about her. I don’t even know if she was of legal age here in the US. Al-Omary had once announced that since Mohammed had married a nine-year-old, he planned to emulate him. He told the court that she was his cousin and was staying with him to receive medical treatment. That was bogus! According to Shariah law, a man cannot live or travel with any female relative who could be a potential mate—that includes cousins. Al-Omary had no trouble lying under oath, and indeed, this is another aspect of Shariah law—lying to non-Muslims is not only permitted, but it’s a duty. The American courts just don’t get it. Few of our judges have been trained in Shariah law and they really don’t know of its pitfalls and dangers to our society. Our judges believe in freedom of religion because it is a tenet of the Constitution; what they don’t know is that Islam is not just a religion—it is an all-encompassing social, secular, religious, political, and economic system—one whose sole purpose is to deny the religious freedom of everyone else.

Gordon: How many times did you visit her and when was the last time?

McClain: I have visited her three times. The last time she was 15 years old, and she indicated to me that she wanted to die for her religion. I lost hope of ever seeing her be a normal person again. She was brainwashed into thinking that suicide bombing was an acceptable way to practice her religion. She no longer wanted to come home. Another thing she said that made me fear for her life was when she described the Oasis bombing and massacre that happened near her school, which was under lockdown. No child, and especially a girl, is safe in that country.

Very interesting interview, thanks for posting. Sounds like Heidi's mother kind of lost her forever sadly...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back