GUILTY TX - Kenneth Cummings, 46, Pearland, 4 June 2007

lostwithoutyou

Pray for the Missing ♥
Reaction score
Search Does Not Turn Up Clues On Missing Man

POSTED: 8:53 am CDT June 11, 2007
UPDATED: 4:39 pm CDT June 11, 2007

PEARLAND, Texas -- Volunteers searched part of Pearland on Monday for signs of a man who has not been seen for a week, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Pearland police said Kenneth Cummings Jr., 46, was last seen on June 4.

Cummings' friends went to his home on Friday after he did not show up for work as a Southwest Airlines flight attendant.
Investigators said they found signs that someone was injured, including a considerable amount of blood, inside Cummings' home in the 1200 block of Sussex Trail.

"What's going through my head is not something that's good," father Ken Cummings Sr. said. "A lot of things could have happened and we're trying to hold out hope that he still will be found alive and well."

Ken Cummings said he believes his son is being held against his will.

The missing man was last seen at several clubs in the Montrose area. He met a man known as Dillon at EJ's on Ralph Street and JR's on Pacific Street, police said.

Detectives said they want to talk to Dillon, but do not consider him to be a suspect. Police said Dillon is white, 25 to 30 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 145 to 150 pounds with brown hair. He was last seen wearing a white shirt, blue jeans and a ball cap.

Police said Cummings' Saturn L300 was found in his garage and had damage to the passenger side and front bumper. Witnesses told officials that the car did not have any damage when it was seen on June 4.

Dozens of volunteers, including Cummings' coworkers, have been searching in rural areas near Cummings' home.

"He's a good friend. Everybody in the company knows Ken. Ken's been there forever, gives his contribution, and we want to give back what we can for him," searcher Don O'Neill said.

"Ken does not disappear for days at a time," a neighbor said.

Searchers combed the area by air with an ultralight plane equipped with a camera.

Cummings is white, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 170 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. He has a small scar on his upper left lip and a small scar above his left eye.

Texas EquuSearch has set up a command post at the First Assembly of God in the 7000 block of Broadway Street. Anyone who wants to help search or donate items is asked to go to the command post or call 281-309-9500.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Pearland Police Department at 281-652-1125.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/13478913/detail.html

Disturbing Evidence Found in Search for Missing Pearland Man

PEARLAND, Texas -- Volunteers plan a massive search for a Southwest Airlines flight attendant missing for over a week.
Police say 46-year-old Kenneth Cummings, Jr. was last seen on June 4 visiting Montrose-area bars in Houston.
A check of Cummings' home in Pearland found blood, damage to his car, and skidmarks in the driveway.
His family told FOX 26 News they just want to know where Cummings is.
"We tried everything we can think of as to where he might be," saidKenneth Cummings, Sr. "Everythign is a dead end."
Searchers with Texas Equusearch plan to use ATVs to look for Cummings.
He was last seen with a man in his mid 20's who went by the name Dylon. Police say Dylon is not a suspect, but they would like to question him.
If you have any information about Cummings' disappearance, call Detective Jon Matherne with the Pearland Police Department at 281-652-1125.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/p...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Volunteers Search For Man's Body; Police Seek Witness

POSTED: 10:41 pm CDT June 11, 2007
UPDATED: 4:57 pm CDT June 12, 2007

PEARLAND, Texas -- Police asked the public for help finding a possible witness to a man's killing while volunteers continued to search for the victim's body, KPRC Local 2 reported Tuesday.
Kenneth L. Cummings, Jr., was reported missing on Friday after he did not show up for work. He was last seen at several Montrose-area clubs on June 4.
Pearland police charged Terry Mark Mangum, originally considered to be a person of interest in the case, after they interviewed him on Monday.

Investigators said they want to talk to another man who may be a witness.
Detectives said the man, who may be known as Steve, is white with blond hair and has a multicolored tattoo on his right shoulder. He has been seen in a blue Dodge Neon in the past.
Texas EquuSearch has moved its search to northwest Harris County and part of southwest Houston. The organization set up a new command post at the Jersey Village Church of Christ on Jones Road.
"We know the suspect had some connections out in this area, actually probably grew up here, pretty sure his family still lives here," said Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch. "We've got evidence to let us know we're pretty sure that the suspect was here that following morning."
Detectives said Mangum used Cummings' credit card at a Kroger store in Jersey Village on June 5.
About 70 searchers, including Cummings' family and Southwest Airlines co-workers, combed through sandpits and construction sites.
"You don't have nothing, no funeral, not closure, no burial," cousin Wayne Williams said. "It would be awful not to be able to find him."
Mangum's permanent address is in southwest Houston and volunteers searched the surrounding area.
Mangum, 26, was reported to be the last person who may have seen Cummings, police said.
After speaking with Mangum, detectives said they found inconsistencies.
"I don't want to go into detail, but there is enough evidence for the Brazoria County district attorney to move forward with the charge of murder," said Detective Jon Matherne.

At about 7:15 p.m. Monday, investigators received an arrest warrant for Mangum.Mangum has prior criminal convictions for burglary, theft and credit card abuse.
Sgt. Castillo added, "Our hearts go out to the Cummings family, I'm sure they could use all of our thoughts and prayers at this time."
Murder is a first-degree felony, and if found guilty, Mangum faces imprisonment for life or five to 99 years and a fine up to $10,000.
Mangum is in the Pearland Police Department Jail with his bond set at $300,000.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/13484886/detail.html

Possible Witness (Steve):

13490379_240X180.jpg

Kenneth Cummings:

How sad. I just had a feeling it would end like this. I'm glad that LE got the first guy and that he will be in prison for the rest of his life. I wonder if the second guy was involved too. I get the feeling that he is. The two probably ganged up on this poor guy. He looks like such a nice man. Prayers for his family.

It looks to me like Steve wasnt involved. He did go to the cops and all, and that doesnt really scream guilty. He could have been a witness, though, which is what the authorities thought originally anway.

Another article about the search for Mr. Cummings' body. My prayers go out to his family in this very difficult time.... he looked like such a nice man from his photo... :( i hope the jerk who allegedly killed him gets a long sentence.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=5391924

this is so sad...i feel so bad for his family. he is in a better place. rest in peace kenneth. :(

Body of missing Pearland man believed to have been found

A positive ID has not been made yet

(6/16/07 - KTRK/SAN ANTONIO, TX) - Pearland police tell Eyewitness News that the body of a missing Pearland man has possibly been found near San Antonio.

Kenneth Cummings, Jr., a Southwest Airlines flight attendant, has been missing since June 4th and was believed to have been murdered.

Today, Texas EquuSearch says a team member and volunteers found a shallow grave which they believe contains Cummings' remains. A positive ID has not been made at this time.

Terry Mark Mangum, 26, has been charged with Cummings' murder. Mangum faces imprisonment for life or 5 to 99 years and a fine up to $10,000.

Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for more on this story.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=5398245

From August 2008:

http://www.tdcaa.com/node/3139

Terry Mark Mangum blinked hard four times Wednesday when Judge Pat Sebesta read the verdict pronouncing him guilty of killing a Pearland man 14 months ago...

The jurors would return a little more than a half-hour later, delivering with them a sentence of life in prison for Mangum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back