GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Woman, 3 Children Found Dead In SUV

WILL COUNTY, Ill. -- Illinois state police are investigating the shooting deaths of at least four people who were found inside a vehicle off Interstate 55 in Will County.

and

Three children and a woman were found in the vehicle, and an adult male was found with gunshot wounds. He has been taken to an area hospital.

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/13501965/detail.html

How sad, we'll have to see if more info comes out.

My gut tells me the man with "gunshot wounds" did it.

More info at Chicago Tribune -

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...88.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

A man with a gunshot wound alerted a passerby of an "incident" in the SUV around 5:30 a.m., according to Illinois State Police. The passerby called 911, and when officers responded they found a 35-year-old woman, two girls aged 12 and 11 and a boy, 8, dead from gunshot wounds. Authorities said the victims were related but did not identifiy them.

"The man was taken to Provena St. Joseph Medical Center in Joliet with non-life threatening injuries, where he was treated and released into police custody, hospital spokeswoman Allie Rios said. "

SNIP ~
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...88.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

So 4 people killed and he had non-life threatening injuries... mmm hmmm.

Yes, aren't the ones that get away just too lucky for words!?;)

He is just so lucky!!!! Amazing how he just was able to walk away.

The first article did say that the gun was found at the vehicle.

No random gunman is going to shoot and leave their gun at the scene. Sad, sad, sad to hear. Should have some answers on tonights news.

On NG, there were two scenarios being looked at, as given to NG by a local reporter.

1. The children were shot multiple times while the wife received one gunshot and the husband once in the leg (or theigh). So the WIFE could have killed the kids, shot the husband and killed herself. :doh:

2. The children were murdered, the wife murdered, and the husband shot himself.

Of course it's noted the husband did stick around and flagged down another motorist to call police.

NG asked if there was gun shot residue on the wife's hands and the reporter didn't know. The husband is still being questioned by LE.

Please don't tell me this guy is going to say the wife did it and he just happened to get away with a leg wound!:liar:

I don't believe it. Let's see what the evidence produces.

JMHO
fran

This makes no sense. Why would she shoot her children multiple times to kill them, herself once, and only shoot her husband once in the thigh? I don't believe this story. Also, it was just said on Nancy Grace that a woman in the area heard shots around 10:00 last night but he only flagged down the motorist around 5:30 a.m. He was driving. He is the one who pulled the car off onto an access road to a tower for cell phones. I may have to eat my words, but I think he did it.

"Authorities did not release the victims' identities, but Cook said it appeared to be an incident of domestic violence"

updated artcle at first link

Good Lord - is that the family? What in the world was going on behind that bright happy facade?
Good question. If he's not the shooter, I will honestly be surprised. I just find it bizarre that a mad gunman would be out in the sticks and kill everyone BUT him, and there was a gun in his vehicle.

ETA: Yes, that is the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member