Mozambique - Catholic nuns blow whistle on child sex organ trafficking

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Organ traffickers 'threaten' nuns

Four Catholic nuns say they have received death threats after exposing an organ trafficking network allegedly operating in northern Mozambique.

The traffickers are said to target the sex organs of children, which are sold to make magic charms.

The nuns from the Sisters Servants of Mary Immaculate order say they have gathered evidence of the trade. They say they have spoken to victims who managed to escape and photos of dead children with missing organs.

Ritual murders have been reported in many African countries, as some witchdoctors say using human organs in magic charms makes them more powerful. These are believed by some to bring financial or sexual success to those who use them.

Mozambican, South African, Brazilian and Portuguese nationals were involved in the ring, she said.

BBC Article

Are you sure this doesn't belong on the Bizarre news thread? It sounds like something out of the Globe, which makes it all the more pathetic and disgusting.

Ghostwheel said:
Are you sure this doesn't belong on the Bizarre news thread? It sounds like something out of the Globe, which makes it all the more pathetic and disgusting.

I wish it was from the Globe.. unfortuately it is from the BBC.

When I read this yesterday I was speechless and it appears that hasn't changed. I have absolutely no idea what to say to this story. I wish I could say that I was blown out of my mind to read it, but I think I'm too jaded. What a sad, sad, shame what people can do to one another.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back