TX TX - Damon Billiot, 32, Tyler, 15 March 1996

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 2305DMTX

Damon Paul Billiot
Missing since March 15, 1996 from Tyler, Smith County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: June 5, 1964
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 175 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
  • Clothing: Possibly wearing a button-up shirt, jeans, and athletic shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Damon Billiot was last seen at his residence in the vicinity of the 2300 block of Pleasant in Tyler, TX. Foul play possible.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Tyler Police Department
903-531-1000

Agency Case Number: 96-23160
NCIC Number: M-076115834
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Texas Department of Public Safety
National Center for Missing Adults

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Decade old missing persons case reopened[/FONT]

There may be some new leads that could help crack the case of a Lake Charles man who vanished without a trace more than a decade ago. 31-year old Damon Billiot lived in Tyler, Texas, about six months before he disappeared in March 1996. Now Tyler police say they have new information and have reopened the case.

It's been more than 11 years since Bob and Shirley Billiot have heard from their son Damon. Bob says, "For years we never left this house together. One of us stayed here hoping a phone call would come."

The then 31 year old Damon and his family had just moved to Tyler, Texas, six months before he disappeared. Police say he was last seen at his home in the 2300 block of Pleasant Drive in Tyler on March 15, 1996. Police suspect foul play. Since Damon's disappearance, his driver's license hasn't been renewed and there has been no employment activity connected to his social security number.

The Billiots never stopped looking and hoping. Shirley says, "When you're driving down the road, you keep looking at all the hitchhikers or you think maybe he's on the road walking. You pass somebody and you say well maybe that's him and you take a double take. I guess not knowing, there's still hope" Bob says, "There's still hope."

Because this case is under investigation police will not discuss the details. If you have any information that may lead Tyler police to Damon Billiot's whereabouts, please call Detective Adam Tarrant at 903-531-1027.

Billiot is five foot eight, 175 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. He would have turned 43 last week.

Digging For The Truth, March 12, 2008

This article is from 2008, but contains a little more info.

The yellow evidence flags mark areas of interest for police in the backyard of a Tyler home - the former home of a man who has been missing for 12 years and who may have met with foul play.

Authorities would not confirm nor deny questions posed by the Tyler Paper on Tuesday regarding the possibility that repressed memories of a child were the catalyst for the renewed interests in the case.

Whatever the reason, police and FBI agents have once again searched the residence at 2314 Pleasant Drive where Damon Paul Billiot was last seen on March 15, 1996.

Tyler Police Department Public Information Officer Don Martin said major crimes detectives had recently been contacted by Billiot's mother in regard to her son's disappearance, which she reported two months after he was last seen. Billiot's wife did not report her husband missing.

"We've followed up with the wife who lives in Tennessee, and the case is still under investigation and we are still following leads," Martin said.

I know one of Damon's family members personally. His parents have never given up hope. But they do have strong suspicions as to what happened. Being unverified that's all I can really say publicly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Shandram19 - Do you know if this John Doe been ruled out? NamUs #UP3623

I'm not seeing it on either rule-out list but it looks like a decent comparison.

Last edited:
When I search #UP3623 on namus, the name William Keith Foster comes up.

Hmm....IDk - I see this case:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP3623 Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found November 23, 1997
Location Found Van Zandt County, Texas
Estimated Age Range 23-43 Years

Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years) 23-43
Estimated Year of Death 1995-1997
Estimated PMI--
Height 5' 8"(68 inches) , Estimated
Weight 175 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundNovember 23, 1997
NamUs Case CreatedOctober 14, 2008
ME/C QA ReviewedNovember 7, 2011
Location Found Map
Location Texas
County Van Zandt County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of RecoveryJacket: maroon with blue liner; "TC" brand t-shirt, lower half green with purple, tie-dyed stripe. "LA Gear" tennis shoes, [size] ten and one-half, manufactured 1995.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues
Physical Description
Hair ColorUnknown
Head Hair Description Unknown or Completely Bald
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
Eye Description Unknown
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Jacket: maroon with blue liner; "TC" brand t-shirt, lower half green with purple, tie-dyed stripe. "LA Gear" tennis shoes, [size] ten and one-half, manufactured 1995.
On the Body

Arkansas State Crime Laboratory
(501) 227-5747

Agency Case Number--
Chris Edwards AR, Unidentified Human Remains/Missing Persons Coordinator
--

Damon is my uncle. His brother is my dad. Wish I was able to meet this man. Heard nothing but great things from mawmaw
Welcome abilliot! Sorry your family does not have the answers they deserve. I know it must be very difficult for his parents. I found it odd that his wife did not report him missing and I didn't see any news articles where she is looking for him. Very sad, I hope police can solve this case and give your family some closure.

Does your name start with a B?
Hello, I live in East TX area -- I remember hearing about this case. I would encourage you or close family member to submit DNA if they haven't already. On the older cases Law Enforcement usually only puts the DNA of family into CODIS and they run checks to see if they get hits on DNA of Unidentified persons in CODIS. I would get a DNA test done and ask it to be entered into GEDMatch -- which is being used now by many LE agencies to help solve cold cases and identify human remains. Years ago I sent a possible match of someone found in the Caddo Parish area of Louisiana that I thought might be him. That was before they were using DNA as much as now and I think they just never really looked into it. They always based it on possible physical stats etc which are sometimes just estimates. I will go back and see if I can find that case from Caddo Parish and see if he was ever identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back