A Beautiful Person Sings

Thanks so much for posting this. I heard him on Fox last night and was speechless and in tears. What a beautiful voice!

Truthfully, I didn't know what I was watching, I thought it was American Idol, lol. I haven't been so moved by music since the first time I heard Ray Lynch's album, "Deep Breakfast" played on an FM radio station.

I thank God for Paul's voice, and hope that he goes straight to the top and stays there for the rest of his life.

He was wonderful. Thanks for the link

"Nessun Dorma" is one of my favorite arias and Mr. Potts' version is by no means the best I have ever heard. (Check out Pavarotti's version. It is rather his signature song.)

HOWEVER, the contrast between Potts' talent and his appearance and demeanor, and the sheer drama of the crowd and judges "discovery" of Potts brought tears to my eyes.

Here's Mr. Potts' semi-final performance. He's less nervous and actually sings even better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDB9zwlXrB8&mode=related&search=

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Scarpetta.

There is another singer on Britians got Talent, a little girl about 6 years old who sings so beautifully it is ridiculous!

"Nessun Dorma" is one of my favorite arias and Mr. Potts' version is by no means the best I have ever heard. (Check out Pavarotti's version. It is rather his signature song.)

HOWEVER, the contrast between Potts' talent and his appearance and demeanor, and the sheer drama of the crowd and judges "discovery" of Potts brought tears to my eyes.

Here's Mr. Potts' semi-final performance. He's less nervous and actually sings even better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDB9zwlXrB8&mode=related&search=

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Scarpetta.

Thank you Nova for the link to his other performance. I had not seen that. He actually did sing better. You are right also about the comparison to Pavarotti. Pavarotti's seemingly effortless mastery of this aria seems to come from somewhere other than planet earth. I think Puccini would have wept.

And isn’t Paul Potts just beautiful? You see an unassuming regular Joe who lacks confidence walk onto the stage….and then he starts singing.

Here is an unexpected contestant on Britain's Got Talent. He is one of those beautiful people, and his name is Paul Potts. My eyes tear up every time I watch it.

Here's the link on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA

This was absolutely beautiful. I am not an opera afficianado, but I think he sings beautifully for your average-Joe. I'm also glad Simon didn't ruin that performance with some wise-crack!

Thank you so much for sharing this video.

Holy chit, he is unbelievable. That's a once in a lifetime voice. WOW. Thanks for sharing him. I want more.

So here I am watching the news this morning and suddenly Diane Sawyer and Sam Champion and Chris Coumo were introducing this singer..........I listen and I cry.......tears come down the side of my eyes. They go back to the hosts and all were crying there too.....Chris and Sam for sure .........Diane?
The audience was in awe........they were crying......
I am so, so, glad you posted the semi-final and the first rendition......
The story of this man is also amazing, and he is so humble.
I have never, ever.......seen a newscast with all the host crying.
There is something unique and special about this man.........
His voice.......and his humbleness........
How grand for us that we will hear this man many times again.

Here is an unexpected contestant on Britain's Got Talent. He is one of those beautiful people, and his name is Paul Potts. My eyes tear up every time I watch it.

Thank you so much for that.......my favorite is Nessun Dorma that first song........all day I thought of it and how wonderful he sang.

There is another singer on Britians got Talent, a little girl about 6 years old who sings so beautifully it is ridiculous!
Anybody have her video? Wow, just saw the little tyke and she is just great, wonderful voice.........But, it would be hard to beat Paul .......even for her.

I just listened to both of the songs that Paul Potts sang.......BLOODY BRILLIANT, I had goosebumps, please keep us updated and if he doesnt win then Im a monkeys uncle. Thanks for sharing that with us.:blowkiss: :woohoo:

I just listened to both of the songs that Paul Potts sang.......BLOODY BRILLIANT, I had goosebumps, please keep us updated and if he doesnt win then Im a monkeys uncle. Thanks for sharing that with us.:blowkiss: :woohoo:

I wish whoever put those on You Tube had put up all his proformances..

I'm watching them over and over and I cry everytime. His voice and he have something, that touch my soul.

I've never been an opera fan, but Paul has something very special.

I think, if I were not married, I would grab ahold of this cell phone salesman. His voice is like cream and honey. Just wish I knew the words. I have no doubt win or lose he will be a great oprah singer from this time forward.

I wish whoever put those on You Tube had put up all his proformances..

I'm watching them over and over and I cry everytime. His voice and he have something, that touch my soul.

I've never been an opera fan, but Paul has something very special.

;) My sentiments exactly, Class!

Paul, finding the courage to go onstage, on national television, in front of 'Simon the Terrible' as well as two other judges and an entire studio audience, with his very tender insecurities, is, in itself remarkable!

Then to be able to share with the World his gift and remind us all to remember how very WRONG it is for us to judge a 'book by its cover' is such a WONDERFUL additional gift to us which Paul was able to share!!! :dance:

Thank YOU, Paul!!!! You are not only a gifted human, you are a very special hero! :innocent:

I think, if I were not married, I would grab ahold of this cell phone salesman. His voice is like cream and honey. Just wish I knew the words. I have no doubt win or lose he will be a great oprah singer from this time forward.

lol I was just saying that to my daughter last night after listening to him for the 50th time and turning into a blubbering idiot each and every time! She found his profile and he is already married has been for 4 years. My hubby can sing really good, sounds alot like Trace Atkins..I do enjoy listening to him...But it has never given me goose bumps, in fact I cannot think of very many songs that have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back