Jann Scott's new column, 9/1/03

candy

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.geocities.com/jannscottlive/Weeklyjournal.html

RamBambsy Case Update: Sgt Tom Truillio from Boulder Pd requested a copy of the Darnay Hoffman movie “Who Killed JonBenet.” He seems to have a pretty good idea.

Ran into Rick French long time Boulder PD officer, celebrated member of SWAT and swat world record holder in the annual world SWAT triathlons. French, a long time Boulder resident (rare for boulder PD), also scored above 125 in PD IQ testing. French is Truillio’s buddy and friend to Steve Thomas (also SWAT) and all Hill team officers at one time. French, of course, was the first to answer Patsy Ramsey’s call and made that first crucial check of the house, but didn’t (couldn’t) open the door where JonBenet’s body lay. He also noted the guilty behavior of Patsy and John Ramsey as the morning wore on. When asked about Darnay Hoffman’s hand writing analysis he answered: “I suppose no matter what I say to you it’s going to appear in your column or on TV even if you have to make it up, so lets just leave it at. It appears to be what it appears to be, pretty darn accurate.”

Rick French is also one of the more popular officers on the Hill. He has striking good looks, is liked by Hill residents, business owners and students alike, has a surreal sense of cop sarcasm and is someone you would want to respond when there is an intruder in your home. He wouldn’t be waiting outside while they raped your cat and shot you.

Summary: Meaningless ramblings of an incompetent cop who, after six years of practice, is now able to manipulate a simple door latch and who claims to have discerned 'guilt' from some "peering through splayed fingers" that he saw briefly even though no one else present seems to have been able to discern.

I wonder: he can look at a distraught parent and discern 'guilt' but if he looks at a simple door latch he can't figure out how to open it.

Its not Officer French, its Officer Donut.

Toth, it's interesting that YOU, a member of the RST, would consider French "incompetent".
Most of US might consider him incompetent because he allowed the Scamseys to pull the wool over his eyes that morning. He also allowed them to polute the crime scene by throwing a "Where's Waldo?" party in the house with all their friends.

French should be your best buddy, Toth. Had be been more on the ball, he might have thrown all the friends out, separated the parents, grilled Burke extensively, etc.--and the end result might be one or more of the Rammers in jail now.

Donut? - I say never look a gift French Pastry in the mouth, Toth!

Darn that Boulder education,take a normal guy in an affluent area ,where one would expect an IQ above the national average,then let him embarrass the educational system by dropping prepositions at the end of his sentences. (JK)
Really what he said sounds sensible,up to the point of his last "at". He was correct in saying his words would be made to fit the column,looks that way IMO.

Officer French isn't the only eyewitness to the Scameys actions that day that believe one or the other or both are murderers.

That is why the Govenor of CO needs to give this case a chance at a resolution. He needs to put into place some people who aren't intimidated by lawsuits.

Many dictionaries and grammarians consider ending sentences with prepostions perfectily acceptable, especially when a rewording of the sentence would sound awkward. Winston Churchill was once criticized for putting a preposition at the end of a sentence. Churchill replied, "That's the sort of pedantry up with which I will not put."

LOL ,Ivy that was cute,where'd ya get that at?
No I was kidding,I do it myself,it just reminded me of a joke ..there was a southern woman on a plane,she said to a woman sitting next to her..Hi,where ya'll from,and the snobbish northern woman said, "a place where we don't end sentences with prepositions," the southern woman said ,"oh,I'm sorry,where ya'll from ,".
No,the point I was really trying to make was concerning the credibility of JS's column. It seems French is smart enough to realize what he says will mean little,as ,it's all up to what Jann edits in or out...or twists this way and that.

IMO...oh..should I edit out the "b" word in the joke?

I don't think the "where's waldo" party was as damaging
as the "409" clean up crew. What the heck was that? The BPD sends in someone to dust for prints ,and a clean up crew to wipe up after them? Here, in the big sewer of a city,our police department makes one terrible mess and leaves it for us to clean.

The "409 patrol" didn't have anything to do with the Boulder Police. That was Priscilla White and maybe one or more of the victim's advocates. The cops were doing there job, dusting for prints, etc., but the Scamseys were allowed to have all these people they called and told to come over to the house over, because they had told the police it was a kidnapping, not a murder.

Geez Candy, you make it sound like the Ramsey's intentionally called their friends and contaminated the crime scene. It even appears that some people think that they were hoping one of their friends would find the body. ;)

I'm sorry,I shouldn't have quoted ST. He did say it was one of the errors made by the BPD,bringing in this crew. He never said it was Patsy's friend,another fictional account by ST.??

Originally posted by candy
The "409 patrol" didn't have anything to do with the Boulder Police.
Actually, the police controlled access to the home so anyone who was there was there because the police let them in once Officer Donut arrived. The Victim's Advocates were officially trained and supervised, they were not amateurs.

After 10:35 am, when all this occured, there was only one Detective in charge of 9 people in the house, Det. Linda Arndt. She was calling for backup, but was told people were in a meeting and to "hang on". It couldn't have happened at a worse time for backup, the day after Christmas, when many officers and Hunter were on vacation.

I heard that people like Priscilla White were "409" ing for two reasons. One, the house was messy, especially the kitchen, and were cleaning up to help Patsy and 2, they were all waiting for this call to come from a kidnapper that never called and they were nervous. Some people pace when they are nervous, others clean and try to tidy up. It's something to do while waiting so you won't go crazy. I believe that's what that was. Again, if Patsy hadn't called The Whites, The Fernies and Rev. Rol, they wouldn't have been allowed in and Arndt would not have had the problem of control and knowing where people were that she had.
The people doing the 409 ing didn't know this was a murder scene, they believed they are helping people who had a kidnapping.

Page 21,paperback...Steve says, in the third paragraph, that by 6:45 ,two victims advocates showed up,after the dusting by the tech,one followed behind with a spray cloth and a rag.

This is from the hero!! It was NEVER PRICILLA,it was the advocate who 409'd!!!!!

This is not my opinion,it's the "saga" according to Steve

I believe Steve, but I also heard Priscilla was doing it. Please remember, at that time, the crime scene was just considered to be JonBenet's bedroom. That's it. Not even the basement was considered part of the crime scene at that time. Where they were 409'ing wasn't considered to be part of the crime scene. People only believe a kidnapping had occured. Steve's right they shouldn't have been doing that, but they weren't near JB's bedroom and I'm sure all these people were out of their minds with worry, and trying to help Patsy by tidying up.

I believe Steve, but I also heard Priscilla was doing it.
From what you know of Pricilla White, wouldn't she have to be held at gunpoint before she would start to do anything as 'domestic and feminine' as cleaning?

I believe Steve, but I also heard Priscilla was doing it. Please remember, at that time, the crime scene was just considered to be JonBenet's bedroom. That's it. Not even the basement was considered part of the crime scene at that time. Where they were 409'ing wasn't considered to be part of the crime scene. People only believe a kidnapping had occured. Steve's right they shouldn't have been doing that, but they weren't near JB's bedroom and I'm sure all these people were out of their minds with worry, and trying to help Patsy by tidying up.

LOL, Candy!

Are you thinking the BPD thought maybe Peter Pan flew into JonBenét's bedroom?

If, as you say, the crime scene was considered to be only JonBenét's bedroom (that's it), then why were they dusting for prints elsewhere in the home?

The fact is the whole house was considered "the crime scene", including routes leading up to and in to and out of the home.

It was only JonBenet's bedroom that was being kept sealed, not the rest of the house. It was Pete Hofstrom that had to convince police after JB was found that the entire house was a crime scene. The crime scene was then just considered JB's bedroom and the basement, and they were going to turn the house back over to the family after a one day search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back